• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops. I posted about this in the NHL thread. Is anyone surprised that a team with Lou at the helm would cheat?

Lupul, if serious, needs to make more noise or just plain STFU though.
As I understand it, players have the right under the CBA to seek a second, independent physical. He should do that if this is something that actually bothers him.

Bob Mckenzie was just on TSN radio here and made two very good points:

-If he does challenge it and it's accepted, the Leafs could just send him to the A. So if his options are stay home for another season and collect his full salary or ride the bus with the Marlies, it's a pretty easy choice for me.

-There's an argument to be made that a player can get injured badly, repeatedly in the same area etc. and return from that injury able to play hockey but not nearly at the level he was pre-injury. If it's his body that's limiting his play even if he's cleared for action is that not an injury?

The Leafs are probably not playing above board with him and some of the other injuries over the years (Robidas) but Joffrey's been making noise about this since last season and if he isn't going to do anything about it just shut up.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leafs should trade Joffrey to the Sabres as I know he enjoys what Buffalo has to offer...

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I understand it, players have the right under the CBA to seek a second, independent physical. He should do that if this is something that actually bothers him.

Bob Mckenzie was just on TSN radio here and made two very good points:

-If he does challenge it and it's accepted, the Leafs could just send him to the A. So if his options are stay home for another season and collect his full salary or ride the bus with the Marlies, it's a pretty easy choice for me.

-There's an argument to be made that a player can get injured badly, repeatedly in the same area etc. and return from that injury able to play hockey but not nearly at the level he was pre-injury. If it's his body that's limiting his play even if he's cleared for action is that not an injury?

The Leafs are probably not playing above board with him and some of the other injuries over the years (Robidas) but Joffrey's been making noise about this since last season and if he isn't going to do anything about it just shut up.

I don't believe that they're using "his" LTIR cap space anyway, right?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe that they're using "his" LTIR cap space anyway, right?
At the moment no and if they don't make any big additions they won't at all as Horton's $5.3 mil gets them cap compliant.

Leafs are also a good bet to move some minor pieces or lose a guy or two on waivers.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, couldn't Lupul be bought out if he were active? He has a lot to lose by not playing ball.

Damn it, I completely missed the low hanging fruit, Joffrey is a former Medicine Hat Tiger so his next destination is quite obvious.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, couldn't Lupul be bought out if he were active? He has a lot to lose by not playing ball.

This is probably why he deleted it and backed off. Spending a bunch of money on lawyers in order to win the opportunity to lose even more money seems like an obviously bad decision to me.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it, I completely missed the low hanging fruit, Joffrey is a former Medicine Hat Tiger so his next destination is quite obvious.
Oh I was on that one years ago.

Joffrey Lupul would be the Canucks' leading goalscorer right now. Perfect complementary piece for a good playoff run.
Good trade ammo for former Medicine Hat Tiger Joffrey Lupul.
Keep it up and I'll put Lupul on a fucking plane to Vancouver myself.

To which there were some, uh, reactions.

Ive seen it pointed out that Lupul played for the Medicine Hat Tigers :gaah:

Ongoing NHL thread - Part III

t'Official offseason thread

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking like Miro Aaltonen has the upper hand on Dominic Moore for the Leafs' 4C position.

Would also appear, praise to the gods, that Calle Rosen is going to be the 3LD early going with Marincin maybe in the box or banished to the A.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha WRONG

Unconfirmed reports are suggesting this is the independent doctor the NHL will use:

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unconfirmed reports are suggesting this is the independent doctor the NHL will use:

For the record, if you ask him nicely he will wear latex gloves for the prostate exam.

I asked him to double bag it for mine :nod: