• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ontario liberals have gone full on crazy. It's bizarre really. The NDP and PCs need to step up and give some decent options for once.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ontario liberals have gone full on crazy. It's bizarre really. The NDP and PCs need to step up and give some decent options for once.
They've gotten so bad that if an election were held today, the majority of downtown Toronto ridings would probably go PC.

Bad news keeps coming for Kathleen Wynne: Hepburn | Toronto Star

The survey, conducted by Mainstream Research and provided to QP Briefing newsletter, indicated 49 per cent of voters in the city of Toronto support the Tories, 31 per cent the Liberals and 15 per cent the NDP. Even in the downtown core the Conservatives led the Liberals by a 43-37 margin.

She had a 12% approval rating a couple months ago. Fucking Chris Christie's 15% was a goal to her lol.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've gotten so bad that if an election were held today, the majority of downtown Toronto ridings would probably go PC.

Bad news keeps coming for Kathleen Wynne: Hepburn | Toronto Star

The survey, conducted by Mainstream Research and provided to QP Briefing newsletter, indicated 49 per cent of voters in the city of Toronto support the Tories, 31 per cent the Liberals and 15 per cent the NDP. Even in the downtown core the Conservatives led the Liberals by a 43-37 margin.

She had a 12% approval rating a couple months ago. Fucking Chris Christie's 15% was a goal to her lol.

Admittedly, it has been 20 years since I voted in Ontario, but DAMN :eek: those numbers are incredible.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always thought the fire that burned their home was suspicious.

Hahaha well let's not go THAT far. But incredibly involved hockey dads always make me a little nervous, no matter how much they and their sons say they love it/each other.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant see the video (thank you TSN) I am guessing his premise is "one year so we can still sign Matthews and Marner to LTEs"?

What is the reasoning from Tavares' perspective? Why sign a one year deal?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant see the video (thank you TSN) I am guessing his premise is "one year so we can still sign Matthews and Marner to LTEs"?

The only reason, like with Hossa way back when, is that you've played on crappy teams your whole career and maybe want to try to get a Cup while still getting paid short-term on a very good team before signing your last long-term deal somewhere that can afford it.

The thing is, who since Hossa (almost ten years ago now) has done that?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

was my first thought as well. good for T.O, but why on earth would Tavares do that? this is his ka-ching contract.

and dear god, don't let this "every free agent ever to the leads for less" bullshit start up again.
i read on the tweets today that when Rick Nash was being shopped out of CBJ, the much anticipated homecoming to the Leafs was actually on his no-trade list

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was my first thought as well. good for T.O, but why on earth would Tavares do that? this is his ka-ching contract.

and dear god, don't let this "every free agent ever to the leads for less" bullshit start up again.
i read on the tweets today that when Rick Nash was being shopped out of CBJ, the much anticipated homecoming to the Leafs was actually on his no-trade list
When Rick Nash left CBJ the Leafs were bottom-feeders with Randy effin Carlyle as coach so that's unsurprising. Why would you wanna get dealt from one crap team to another? That doesn't even highlight the fact the Leafs likely had no more than cursory interest in him considering their biggest needs at the time were 1C and 1D.

Believe it or not though, the "everybody wants to go to the Leafs" nonsense probably bothers Leaf fans more than anyone else. I think it's fair to say the team may be a more attractive option for UFA's now and in the near future (I think the Marleau signing kinda highlights that) but with the money they'll have to spend to keep their core intact and the fact there are still players like Drew Doughty who's too afraid of being recognized to come play here, any notion that players will take a discount to play here is nonsense.

/When was the last time a deal was seen as a "hometown/first franchise" discount anyway? Has there been any recent signings where you looked at the deal and said "Wow, that's not nearly enough for that guy"?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At $800 million/20 years Scotiabank is paying half of the Leafs’ salary cap commitments for the foreseeable future.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good detail on the Leaf.

leafs-maze-1040x572.jpg