• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Montreal is likely done with him after signing Streit, I wouldn’t hate the Leafs getting Markov on a 1 year $4-5 shmill deal.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Montreal is likely done with him after signing Streit, I wouldn’t hate the Leafs getting Markov on a 1 year $4-5 shmill deal.

I don't know BBB, the guy is slow as molasses on a cold January day. I mean, I know Cody Franson is no speedster either, but if I had the choice, I'd take Franson over Markov.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know BBB, the guy is slow as molasses on a cold January day. I mean, I know Cody Franson is no speedster either, but if I had the choice, I'd take Franson over Markov.
I know he hasn't played with a lot of defensively strong teams but Franson's GA60, historically, is not very good and that includes time skating with Gardiner (although Gardiner is almost 100% going to be stapled to Zaitsev this year).

Markov may be slow and getting up there but he's historically complemented the more talented risk-takers quite well. I think he'd have a lot of wisdom to pass on to countryman Zaitsev as well.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shout out to this middle-aged man with a clever license plate I was stuck behind for a few minutes on the DVP yesterday afternoon.

n48S6v.jpg

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TORONTO — Home sales in the Greater Toronto Area tanked last month and prices continued to recede, the city's real estate board said Thursday, further evidence that provincial measures aimed at cooling one of the hottest housing markets in North America may be working.

The number of transactions fell 40.4 per cent in July compared to the same month last year, driven by fewer sales of detached homes in Toronto and its surrounding areas.

The average selling price of all homes in the Greater Toronto Area was $746,218, up five per cent from a year ago.

However, it's the third consecutive monthly decline and the average price down nearly $175,000 since April, when the Ontario government introduced more than a dozen changes — including a 15 per cent tax on foreign buyers — in an effort to stabilize prices that were spiralling out of reach for many homebuyers.

https://ca.yahoo.com/finance/news/newsalert-toronto-home-sales-drop-111044856.html

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TORONTO — Home sales in the Greater Toronto Area tanked last month and prices continued to recede, the city's real estate board said Thursday, further evidence that provincial measures aimed at cooling one of the hottest housing markets in North America may be working.

The number of transactions fell 40.4 per cent in July compared to the same month last year, driven by fewer sales of detached homes in Toronto and its surrounding areas.

The average selling price of all homes in the Greater Toronto Area was $746,218, up five per cent from a year ago.

However, it's the third consecutive monthly decline and the average price down nearly $175,000 since April, when the Ontario government introduced more than a dozen changes — including a 15 per cent tax on foreign buyers — in an effort to stabilize prices that were spiralling out of reach for many homebuyers.

https://ca.yahoo.com/finance/news/newsalert-toronto-home-sales-drop-111044856.html
And yet two houses I saw on MLS the other day that I had interest in were gone by the time I called my realtor the next day.

Anyone know anyone hiring in the US South? I’m about done with things here.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the average price down nearly $175,000 since April,

Huh. You can get a decent house in town here for 175K. People in 500-600K houses here cant sell them because there are no buyers. Which brings me to BBB's post. . .

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh. You can get a decent house in town here for 175K. People in 500-600K houses here cant sell them because there are no buyers. Which brings me to BBB's post. . .

I can't wait until we have BGDave and BGBBB posting on the SportsHoopla boards :D

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wife and I fell in love with Savannah when we went earlier this year. Checked the local MLS and I wanted to break stuff. I could buy a god damn palace for the price of my tiny townhouse here.

Automotive industry is huge down here. All kinds of hiring. Other manufacturing industries too.

Word of warning though. We tend to like Trump in these parts :rolleyes2:
Honestly, I see very little difference in people who like and elect and re-elect Kathleen Wynne/Dalton McGuinty and people who like and elect Donald Trump.

If I have to live in a place with an asshat electorate I might as well live in the one I can afford to live comfortably in.