• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I would never want to play for the Yankees or Red Sox because of how hard it would be to, like, in a city being that big of a celebrity." - No baseball player ever

"I would never want to play for the Lakers or Knicks because of how hard it would be to, like, in a city being that big of a celebrity." - No basketball player ever

"I would never want to play for Real Madrid or Barcelona because of how hard it would be to, like, in a city being that big of a celebrity." - No soccer player ever

So why are hockey players such pussies, Drew?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard a word of that crap from a 19 year old outta Arizona.

/starting to think Don Cherry is wrong

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what Drew is saying is he wants to sign in a low-key place like New Jersey in 2 years. I read you loud and clear Drew.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically, Leaf fans.... it's all your fault.
Yes, you in particular. You know who you are.
Him?

dartguy.jpg

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I would never want to play for the Yankees or Red Sox because of how hard it would be to, like, in a city being that big of a celebrity." - No baseball player ever

"I would never want to play for the Lakers or Knicks because of how hard it would be to, like, in a city being that big of a celebrity." - No basketball player ever

"I would never want to play for Real Madrid or Barcelona because of how hard it would be to, like, in a city being that big of a celebrity." - No soccer player ever

So why are hockey players such pussies, Drew?

Don't you dare say that about Drew Doughty!! He's Canadian and the best evaaarrr because Cups.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you dare say that about Drew Doughty!! He's Canadian and the best evaaarrr because Cups.
This is so prevalent though. Guys who won't play in Canada because a few kids might stop them in a mall and ask for a pic lol.

For such tough guys, they sure are wimps.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is so prevalent though. Guys who won't play in Canada because a few kids might stop them in a mall and ask for a pic lol.

For such tough guys, they sure are wimps.

I don't know about the fan stuff but from the media side some of this "pressure" stuff is made up bullshit too though I think. Rosie diManno and Steve Simmons and the like want you to think that they're important and listened to by people, so they write this narrative. "It's so hard to play in Toronto because the media holds players accountable!". And then they want you to think that the fan reads that and runs with it.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it Dave Feschuk that called Reimer's mom to get an update on his condition/concussion? Those kind of stories being circulated throughout the league certainly don't help matters.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it Dave Feschuk that called Reimer's mom to get an update on his condition/concussion? Those kind of stories being circulated throughout the league certainly don't help matters.

No no, it's the fans' fault. Feschuk was just doing the job of a principled journalist.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about the fan stuff but from the media side some of this "pressure" stuff is made up bullshit too though I think. Rosie diManno and Steve Simmons and the like want you to think that they're important and listened to by people, so they write this narrative. "It's so hard to play in Toronto because the media holds players accountable!". And then they want you to think that the fan reads that and runs with it.
Absolutely. What media here likely get the most readership with the Leafs these days? Mirtle? Chris Johnston? Jonas Siegel?

Other than Mirtle’s bleating for years about Corsi and shitting on Bozak I don’t think any of them cause any shit whatsoever for players.

So Feschuk will try and blame Kessel for Randy’s firing and Simmons will be Simmons. Ignore it. Everybody else does.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with the fan stuff, guys who go out at night or take their girls to dinners aren't getting bothered. I was around Leaf players twice this season and at neither place was anybody hounding them for photos, steady filming them with their phones, trying to buddy up to them etc.

I get that, for example, Connor McDavid can’t do that in Edmonton (mostly because they don’t have restaurants) but I’d say in more than half the more hockey-mad (including places in the States) cities you get your privacy.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with the fan stuff, guys who go out at night or take their girls to dinners aren't getting bothered. I was around Leaf players twice this season and at neither place was anybody hounding them for photos, steady filming them with their phones, trying to buddy up to them etc.

I get that, for example, Connor McDavid can’t do that in Edmonton (mostly because they don’t have restaurants) but I’d say in more than half the more hockey-mad (including places in the States) cities you get your privacy.

I still laugh thinking about my ex-wife's encounter on the phone with Mark Sanchez (was a charity day and he was "brokering" her trade, she actually wanted to talk to Hank Azaria or Daniel Radcliffe but they both bailed on it).

"I'm the quarterback for the New York Jets!"

"I'm the front end vol trader for Bank of America and I've gotta get back to work, but you have fun with that!"

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d say in more than half the more hockey-mad (including places in the States) cities you get your privacy.

I am willing to bet that PK will get as much "attention" in Nashville this summer as he would in any Canadian city. But you won't hear him whine about it or hope to be traded to Arizona or somewhere so he can do Johnny Cash karaoke without being noticed.

Honestly, if PK and the entire Leaf team were in a restaurant, I would approach PK. The Leafs, not at all.

/except Connor Brown.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am willing to bet that PK will get as much "attention" in Nashville this summer as he would in any Canadian city. But you won't hear him whine about it or hope to be traded to Arizona or somewhere so he can do Johnny Cash karaoke without being noticed.

Honestly, if PK and the entire Leaf team were in a restaurant, I would approach PK. The Leafs, not at all.

/except Connor Brown.
PK actually spends his summers here with his family. He does his off-season training at York U.