• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I don't hear or see near as much stuff about Matthews as I do about McDavid - I mean I haven't seen any articles about Matthews being the best player in the world like I do about McDavid (and these are on national websites, not local Edmonton sites).

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been 13 years since the Flames won a regular season game in Anaheim. They get another shot tonight.
That's a weird one, too.

The Bulls were on a 12 (I think) game win streak against the Raptors in the NBA up until two weeks ago despite the Bulls being pretty bad and the Raptors pretty good that entire time.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck tonight Leafuses.

Keep Reilly in bubble wrap. And remember, if someone has one of your players in a headlock, someone else is going to punch him!

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck tonight Leafuses.

Keep Reilly in bubble wrap. And remember, if someone has one of your players in a headlock, someone else is going to punch him!

I am expecting a big game from Kadri tonight. He will be key once the playoffs begin.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that was depressing.

A little, but really not surprising. If Sieve Grubauer shows up, it might have been a close game.

To me, the game, especially the first period, is what we will see in the playoffs if they are paired against a heavy team like Washington. In the playoffs, guys like Kadri, Komarov, Martin, Polak and Hunwick are the only physical presence they have to offset. Matthews will hold his own because he is so darned big, but the rest of the skilled youngsters will be completely negated. Their best chance is the Ali rope-a-dope. I expect they will play a lot of the game in their own end, withering under a relentless forecheck. Anderson will have to be the second coming of Brodeur to make it even close. And their offense will likely be those rare breakout plays where they effectively use their speed.

Any word on Boyle?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little, but really not surprising. If Sieve Grubauer shows up, it might have been a close game.

To me, the game, especially the first period, is what we will see in the playoffs if they are paired against a heavy team like Washington. In the playoffs, guys like Kadri, Komarov, Martin, Polak and Hunwick are the only physical presence they have to offset. Matthews will hold his own because he is so darned big, but the rest of the skilled youngsters will be completely negated. Their best chance is the Ali rope-a-dope. I expect they will play a lot of the game in their own end, withering under a relentless forecheck. Anderson will have to be the second coming of Brodeur to make it even close. And their offense will likely be those rare breakout plays where they effectively use their speed.

Any word on Boyle?
It was their first regulation loss at home since February 18, so I'm not too beat up about it. But I do not want to play the Caps in the playoffs.

Also, no idea about Boyle. Big loss if he's a goner for the reasons you said.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CSKA Moscow president Igor Esmantovich said Tuesday his team will make every effort to lure former players back to Russia.

CSKA Moscow was eliminated in the conference semifinals of the KHL playoffs this season, but Esmantovich said part of his motivation is to have current Russian NHLers play at the 2018 Olympics.

Esmantovich listed Roman Lyubimov, Nikita Zaitsev, Alexey Marchenko, Mikhail Grigorenko as targets for the team in free agency.

CSKA Moscow wants Zaitsev, others back - Article - TSN

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CSKA Moscow president Igor Esmantovich said Tuesday his team will make every effort to lure former players back to Russia.

CSKA Moscow was eliminated in the conference semifinals of the KHL playoffs this season, but Esmantovich said part of his motivation is to have current Russian NHLers play at the 2018 Olympics.

Esmantovich listed Roman Lyubimov, Nikita Zaitsev, Alexey Marchenko, Mikhail Grigorenko as targets for the team in free agency.

CSKA Moscow wants Zaitsev, others back - Article - TSN
Not worried about it.

Zaitsev focused on Leafs, not KHL or Olympics

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gawd, that game against TB was painful to watch. I hope that was not their best chance to clinch the last playoff spot.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Bobrov is going tonight vs. Philly meaning we'll get Joonas tomorrow. Thanks Torts.

Malkin and Crosby both took morning practice today though. Was hoping at least Crosby would get rested (Malkin probably needs the game time after his injury layoff) but, we'll see.