• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dti63Se.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course things were going far too well in Leafland so this was overdue:

Sounds like he's gonna be out a good while. Sucks because he was probably next on the call-up list. Been doing very well at Ricoh.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With two more tonight Kadri is on pace for 32 goals.

/Not worth a first round pick tho :whistle:

I think Nazem has finally found his game, and is having a fantastic season.

Hey, I was wrong about Holtby and was wrong about Kadri. I would have traded him for a couple used pucks this past off season.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like he's gonna be out a good while. Sucks because he was probably next on the call-up list. Been doing very well at Ricoh.

Okay, well the first gif where Dotchin gets a sucker punch in while Neilsen is already engaged with another player should be a 10 game suspension, in my opinion, That's total bull-crap.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never heard of Jake Dotchin before, but clearly a POS. Goes right at Kapanen's knees.

/edit Played for Barrie Colts. Nuff' said. POS

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, well the first gif where Dotchin gets a sucker punch in while Neilsen is already engaged with another player should be a 10 game suspension, in my opinion, That's total bull-crap.
Never heard of Jake Dotchin before, but clearly a POS. Goes right at Kapanen's knees.

/edit Played for Barrie Colts. Nuff' said. POS
AHL refereeing right there. Get what you pay for. Really sucks for the kid, he didn't have the best first year after the Kessel trade but made such good strides to up his game this year.

I think Nazem has finally found his game, and is having a fantastic season.

Hey, I was wrong about Holtby and was wrong about Kadri. I would have traded him for a couple used pucks this past off season.
On the plus side, that mediocre season last year allowed the Leafs to sign him to an absolute bargain of an extension.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goal last night against the Sabres is reason #267 why the Leafs would be insane to trade JVR.

When you look at the run the team is on, there is not a lot to change. Just give the kids time to improve via experience and maturation. I like the direction they are headed.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goal last night against the Sabres is reason #267 why the Leafs would be insane to trade JVR.

When you look at the run the team is on, there is not a lot to change. Just give the kids time to improve via experience and maturation. I like the direction they are headed.
It was terrible positioning by Nilsson but still skillful as hell by JVR to get that shot where he put it.

I can't see them being dumb enough to use him as bait. He's one of a very few veterans on this team. He's the only guy on the team to play in a Cup final (save Polak but I'm praying he's gone after this year not to mention he's a huge reason SJ lost last year). He's probably going to be relatively easy to sign (think $6 mil/6 years) and seems to genuinely love being here.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could be problematic, but hey the Leafs just outscore their defensive issues these days, right?
Don't worry, I saw at least 20 articles last week about how the Leafs defence was just fine despite having the highest shots against per 60 in the league, or the highest PDO, or the highest defensive zone faceoff %.

*lights another candle for Andersen*

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch Marner overtakes Auston Matthews for the Leaf (and the league rookie) scoring lead.

4 of the 5 leading rookie scorers were on the ice at the ACC last night and the only one who wasn't a Leaf was Slewfoot Tkachuk. That's so damn awesome.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to back shutouts for Andy (despite the idiots at SN putting a "shutout clock" on the screen in the dying minutes :L). If Philly loses tonight and the Leafs pile it on to them tomorrow while Pittsburgh handle the B's they'll enter the break third in the division, 3 pts ahead of Boston with 5 games in hand and 4 pts inside the safety zone.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there is a lot of season left, but a first round matchup with OTT looks likely.