• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy gold out of Edmonton

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really do have a lot of talent but the title of this thread is certainly pretty accurate for the oilers this season, especially on the defensive and goaltending side lol....

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of room for casting couches in that pad for creepy Daryl.
I forgot about that.

How has he survived the current climate so far? Gotta think there's a Rexall staffer or two with some creepy ass stories out there.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about that.

How has he survived the current climate so far? Gotta think there's a Rexall staffer or two with some creepy ass stories out there.
6 figure wire transfer to accuser's bank account coupled with an NDA from the lawyers usually does the trick

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, folks, that's the president of the PHWA (Professional Hockey Writers Association) going off like a jilted fanboy. Also, he not's apologizing to Bourne because he's sorry, he's apologizing because he finally realizes how bad this looks.

Last edited:

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As fans we appreciate all the information these writers provide to us (and with Twitter the behinds the scenes stuff as well) but they have to cut the holier than you act. First the stuff with the Vegas twitter account and now this.

I remember saying all the lean years in Edmonton why the media never asked them any tough questions and lobbed them softballs all the time. Now after seeing the Trump administration vs. the press paints this in a new light.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As fans we appreciate all the information these writers provide to us (and with Twitter the behinds the scenes stuff as well) but they have to cut the holier than you act. First the stuff with the Vegas twitter account and now this.

I remember saying all the lean years in Edmonton why the media never asked them any tough questions and lobbed them softballs all the time. Now after seeing the Trump administration vs. the press paints this in a new light.
I didn't even get the one from Vegas. Do Nashville writers cheer openly for the Preds in the box and is that well-known around the league? How many beat guys do the Preds even have? Is it more than 1?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing about Spector though esls, if you're going to throw as much shade as he does, you'd better be willing to take it when it comes back at you. Instead, he blocks people that criticize him.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember this gem from aw shucks Ronnie - July 22nd, 2015...

On the Oilers playoff hopes and Cup asprirations.

“Fantastic. I think for sure playoffs. I tell you who’s going to be lights-out this year is Jordan Eberle and Taylor Hall.

“They went over to the World Championship and played with Crosby, which is similar to Messier and Gretzky. Not that they needed any encouragement but those two Oilers flanked Mario Lemieux at the crucial moment of the Canada Cup in ’87. Now you have two Oilers flanking Sid to a gold. You watch Eberle take off. He’s already been great in international hockey, but I think this is going to be his year, Taylor Hall’s year.

“And Connor McDavid and Darnell Nurse will fit in. Gimme a glass of wine or a beer, and I think in two years they win the Cup. That may be a little eager, but I don’t think more than four.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, did you guise know that Connor McDavid was battling the fiu bug for 25 games?

"In Edmonton, Connor McDavid carried a flu bug through most of the first 25 games. He’s carried himself more than admirably, but carrying the team the way he did last season has just been too much to ask."

https://SportsHoopla.com/ycj7mgz9

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, did you guise know that Connor McDavid was battling the fiu bug for 25 games?

"In Edmonton, Connor McDavid carried a flu bug through most of the first 25 games. He’s carried himself more than admirably, but carrying the team the way he did last season has just been too much to ask."

In my medical opinion, :L

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doing some math. Per the article, both goalies have SV% .020 lower than their career average. At a typical 30 shots per game, that equates to 0.6 goals. Or once every two games, they give up 1 more goal than last year.

Not great, but not sure that is enough to hang the results on either goalie.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is no way in hell he had the flu on opening night. Not a fucking chance. So he must have picked it up in Vancouver then.

/probably not at the Roxy while chaperoning Milan

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way in hell he had the flu on opening night. Not a fucking chance. So he must have picked it up in Vancouver then.

/probably not at the Roxy while chaperoning Milan

How many NHL games have YOU played with the flu?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If McDavid was battling the flu bug for as long as Spector claims, that's pretty shoddy medical treatment by the Oilers training staff. That said, it's par for the course when you talk to former Oilers such as Sheldon Souray who have stated that they would "forced" back into the lineup before they felt they were ready.