• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before Sgt Brutus pops a blood vessel, I know Johansen really is sick. Calvert and Dubinsky already had it. Some kind of flu issue and apparently Johansen has really been battling it. Allegedly nearly passed out after the last game.

I was being silly with the above post.

You are free to go back to thinking he's a crybaby pussy.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before Sgt Brutus pops a blood vessel, I know Johansen really is sick. Calvert and Dubinsky already had it. Some kind of flu issue and apparently Johansen has really been battling it. Allegedly nearly passed out after the last game.

No no no...he was out of shape, that was his issue last game.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter if he was out of shape, or if he was superman. He was going to be a target. Twatwaffle started it knowing Tortorella's playbook. And it played out as natural as rain.

The twist is, there might have actually been a legit reason for him to sit. Which probably has Tortorella all kinds of confused. "wait, so he actually wasn't playing well? Did I bench the right guy?"

I saw Johansen playing hard, and reading the play. But he wasn't mixing it up in traffic, and there looks like there might have been a reason.

But we had 48 hours for Jackets fans to call Johansen every name short of "Jeff Carter".

So, while all this was going on, the Jackets just played one solid period. Some dumb penalties with guys trying to to hit for the sake of hitting and scrums after the whistle, but they have jump. And, instead of dumping into a corner and sending 3 guys after it, they are spreading out across the attack blue line and dumping to the opposite half wall if they get closed off. This creates a cycle. A cycle that looks to be working. In addition, they are challenging puck carriers with sticks out to the side instead of in front. Makes them about 4 feet wider to pass around. Oh, and Brandon Saad is not on the PP Point. Hallelujah.

Incremental adjustments. I'm not giving Tortorella credit though. That was probably all Hartsburg :)

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anigif_enhanced-27488-1406142704-1.gif

Felt like the team I watched last year.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As I understand it the polite and respectful way to refer to this is as "the bug"

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, there are rumors that Johansen had a small heart issue this summer?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, sounds like he had palpitations or tachycardia. Doesn't sound like something hugely dangerous, like A-fib or some other irregular beat.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, sounds like he had palpitations or tachycardia. Doesn't sound like something hugely dangerous, like A-fib or some other irregular beat.

The GM has said that after he was released form Hospital he came to Columbus and went through a series of tests with local cardiologists and they found no issue whatsoever.

This is just Twatwaffle hunting clicks and trying to continue the character assassination of Johansen for whatever reason.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one second here ... hashtag "probthough" as in "probably WILL TRADE ME though" ???

giphy.gif

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one second here ... hashtag "probthough" as in "probably WILL TRADE ME though" ???

View attachment 44611
I think it was leaning toward the likely side to begin with going back to the contract negotiations following his ELC expiring that he would leave Columbus at some point. This shitshow can't be helping to change his mind any if that was the case.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's true I heard teammates said he was puking his guts out in the locker room right after he heard torts was coming

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true I heard teammates said he was puking his guts out in the locker room right after he heard torts was coming

No, no, no. Stop spreading your lies. Dubi is a pro and great friends with Tortilla and is pleased as punch that he's here. So much so, that his sudden uptick in play can be completely attributed to appreciation for Johnny T and in no way is intended to merely do something like increase trade value and interest.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's all good man :suds: I just want the jacets winning again. After the hype on the Indians heading into the mlb season and the same hype then crash and burn for cbus it's frustrating. You watch a team like the Coyotes who have much less talent than the bj's but they're winning because they show some heart out on the ice.

I'm taking the win over jersey tonight to extend the steak to two games

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all good man :suds: I just want the jacets winning again. After the hype on the Indians heading into the mlb season and the same hype then crash and burn for cbus it's frustrating. You watch a team like the Coyotes who have much less talent than the bj's but they're winning because they show some heart out on the ice.

I'm taking the win over jersey tonight to extend the steak to two games

I know this will probably piss off Don Cherry, but I suspect that they're winning because they have about a 110 PDO at even strength. We'll see what heart can do for them when that regresses I guess.