• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would seem to me from all Ive read and heard that the last 2 times Torts has been hired ... it wasnt the gm that pulled the triger on the hire ... owner in vancouver and president in Cbus

Jarmo is either a yes man or he knows his days are numbered
This speaks even more to shitty leadership - Gillis should've been fried in 2013 but was kept on while a coach was brought in against his will, while Jarmo effectively had his power wrested from him by his boss. Why not fire the damn GM then?!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This speaks even more to shitty leadership - Gillis should've been fried in 2013 but was kept on while a coach was brought in against his will, while Jarmo effectively had his power wrested from him by his boss. Why not fire the damn GM then?!

Boys club?

I dunno, I am starting to wonder what power Jarmo has specifically. He's a talented scout and they've knocked it out of the park with drafts under his tenure. A lot of what remains has been "WTF? (contracts, especially and the Horton/Clarkson and Wiz/Bourque things)"

He might be begging to get canned.

I wish he showed emotion, then I could gauge what he thinks. He didn't look thrilled during the announcement, but then again, I've never seen him look thrilled.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been there..oof.

*shrugs* My hotel is the bomb. Seriously, though...this athletic club. There's not a single patron under the age of 50, songs that have played thus far: this morning it was golden oldies spin class, since then it's been "Everybody Wang Chung Tonight", a few Journey songs, and Lionel Ritchie's "Hello". I wasn't alive for the 80s, but amidst this robin egg blue room...I feel like I might be there.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*shrugs* My hotel is the bomb. Seriously, though...this athletic club. There's not a single patron under the age of 50, songs that have played thus far: this morning it was golden oldies spin class, since then it's been "Everybody Wang Chung Tonight", a few Journey songs, and Lionel Ritchie's "Hello". I wasn't alive for the 80s, but amidst this robin egg blue room...I feel like I might be there.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We played Mercyhurst in college. They destroyed us. I remember the campus being really nice though.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We played Mercyhurst in college. They destroyed us. I remember the campus being really nice though.
This place is where Mercyhurst plays tennis I believe...at least their banner is hanging over on the wall.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This place is where Mercyhurst plays tennis I believe...at least their banner is hanging over on the wall.

They are a DI Hockey team and we were DIII. We didn't even play their regular squad and I think we lost 11-3. It obviously wasn't league play and just a scrimmage but it was quite sobering. Sounds like a nice facility if Izzy Mandelbuam and his sons are working out there.....

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twatwaffle at his best, from the BlueJackets chat today;

I would put Johansen on the 'ones to watch" list with Tortorello behind the bench. The body language hasn't been good for a while now with Johansen. The line changes have been slow, and that's an indicator of so many things. Johansen is not a bad kid, but one symptom of his frustration is to sulk and get dejected. Let's be honest: players who are All-Stars or first-round draft picks do get special treatment. It's REALLY easy to scratch Cam Atkinson or Rene Bourque or other guys. It takes you-know-whats to scratch the most talented player on the team, but Tortorella has a history of making such bold moves. Players will be benched. It shouldn't be seen as picking on the kid, but an attempt to motivate and make him better. But when you're young and so damn talented, it can be hard to differentiate.

Latest Chat Transcript

He's starting up the pretty hate machine on Johansen early so when Ryan says "Fuck this shot blocking shit" and asks for a trade, the fans can turn on him as fast as they did Nash.

Johansen put this team on his back last year, and this year has been one of the few consistent bright spots. He is not only chasing pucks harder than anyone else, but he is actually hitting this year more than I've ever seen.
So basically Johansen is a pussy and crybaby?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically Johansen is a pussy and crybaby?

No, he's the guy that was essentially the entire team last year who is being unfairly singled out by a little shit head with a massive Napoleon complex who has done this with every star player he's ever had. The Target went on Johansen's back before Torts ever signed a paper. It was probably the only question he had for the Jackets. "Who's your best player?" "Johansen" "Okay, someone will have to point him out to me so I bench the right guy".

Torts expects everyone to play like Kesler or Dubinsky. Because he's one dimensional and has zero plan on how to coach a diverse group of players and talents. He is the conductor of a jug band and even though he understands that kind of music, he would be completely lost with a symphony in front of him. He'd be screaming at the violins for not using their bows to whack on their instruments.

Johansen has been struggling, and you had to expect it a bit. He's got a new winger who is creative, fast and can read plays as well as he does. Timing is still off, it's not plug and play (despite what the preseason showed). Plus when your defense is busy fucking chickens and not breaking pucks out, a guy who excels at control and reading the play will suffer. A lot of people are saying Johansen is coasting. He's reading and reacting. It's how he made three defensive plays that eluded Jack Johnson in last night's game alone.

And you'd be hard pressed to find any of the other 29 teams that wouldn't pee down their legs with excitement at the prospect of landing the "crybaby".

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Johansen gets some tough coaching a folds like a lawn chair. Perfect.

He's the star player but it seems he can't be the leader or take any criticism. He's a professional hockey player, I find it hard to believe he'd get all salty because the coach wants to send a messege to the team. Kissing his ass isn't what 99% of the players need to succeed especially at his age.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well it would seem RyJo has run afoul of cbj and its fans ... time for a trade to his hometown :whistle:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well it would seem RyJo has run afoul of cbj and its fans ... time for a trade to his hometown :whistle:
For the price Vancouver would have to pay to get him, I'm not so sure you really want that.

If we were talking Monahan/18 year old, Brodie, Hudler and two firsts from Calgary for Stamkos with an expiring contract how much are we talking for RyJo with control for another 3 years?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the price Vancouver would have to pay to get him, I'm not so sure you really want that.

If we were talking Monahan/18 year old, Brodie, Hudler and two firsts from Calgary for Stamkos with an expiring contract how much are we talking for RyJo with control for another 3 years?

excuse me ... but ive been told it would only require a second rounder :P

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RyJo is a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry distressed property right now ... value through the floor :nod:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of distressed properties, Getzlaf and Perry have 2 pts amongst them. Damaged goods.

Pittsburgh's 1st rounder for the pair sounds fair.