• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy CowPies in the 'Lumbus

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Hartley was on a radio program in Quebec and said that Mathieu Darche is quite far along in the interview process for GM of the Jackets. Currently AGM and Director of Hockey Ops in Tampa Bay.

Bob is close with both Rick Nash and JD, and is the guy who helped us find Elvis, Voronkov and Chinakhov, so he may actually know something. And he's also got the coaching experience the Jackets might be looking for.

Certainly a better option than Mark Hunter and Lindy Ruff.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Hartley was on a radio program in Quebec and said that Mathieu Darche is quite far along in the interview process for GM of the Jackets. Currently AGM and Director of Hockey Ops in Tampa Bay.

Bob is close with both Rick Nash and JD, and is the guy who helped us find Elvis, Voronkov and Chinakhov, so he may actually know something. And he's also got the coaching experience the Jackets might be looking for.

Certainly a better option than Mark Hunter and Lindy Ruff.

Are you saying that Hartley might be a coaching option for the Jackets? I don't know, Bob Hartley has a really short shelf life (I would say even shorter than Darryl Sutter) and is not exactly a player's coach. I guess if you're looking for a one year bump to try to make the playoffs, he might be able to deliver, but he wears out his welcome very quickly.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying that Hartley might be a coaching option for the Jackets? I don't know, Bob Hartley has a really short shelf life (I would say even shorter than Darryl Sutter) and is not exactly a player's coach. I guess if you're looking for a one year bump to try to make the playoffs, he might be able to deliver, but he wears out his welcome very quickly.
There's really only word flowing around about the Darche part. Hartley is a kind of guy who can build the structure the Jackets need and if they are familiar with each other (to the point where one is giving inside info to the other) I just kinda made the leap to it being a package deal.

Have to admit, I don't know a lot about him other than he seems to be able to find diamonds in the rough overseas and told the Jackets about them.

So far the other names that are out there for GM are:
Jeff Gorton
Mark Hunter (Please God no)
Eric Tulsky (Carolina AGM)
Ryan Martin (NYR AGM)

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's really only word flowing around about the Darche part. Hartley is a kind of guy who can build the structure the Jackets need and if they are familiar with each other (to the point where one is giving inside info to the other) I just kinda made the leap to it being a package deal.

Have to admit, I don't know a lot about him other than he seems to be able to find diamonds in the rough overseas and told the Jackets about them.

So far the other names that are out there for GM are:
Jeff Gorton
Mark Hunter (Please God no)
Eric Tulsky (Carolina AGM)
Ryan Martin (NYR AGM)
I’m almost certain Mark Hunter is going to take over for Holland in Edmonton so shouldn’t be a problem there.

Whatever the Jackets do I think they should be going for a guy who’s been a GM before. If Doug Wilson’s still up to it I think he’d be a good fit.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m almost certain Mark Hunter is going to take over for Holland in Edmonton so shouldn’t be a problem there.

Whatever the Jackets do I think they should be going for a guy who’s been a GM before. If Doug Wilson’s still up to it I think he’d be a good fit.
I hadn't thought of him. That would be awesome. Especially if we can pry away one of the others on the list to assist him and eventually take over.

Kind of like hiring an experienced coach and bringing on someone who can reach young guys like Don Granato reached Tage.

Wonder if we could get Wilson and Sullivan as a package deal?

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn't thought of him. That would be awesome. Especially if we can pry away one of the others on the list to assist him and eventually take over.

Kind of like hiring an experienced coach and bringing on someone who can reach young guys like Don Granato reached Tage.

Wonder if we could get Wilson and Sullivan as a package deal?
You’re gonna wind up with Chuck Fletcher and Q. Enjoy.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why doesn’t Cleveland get any expansion support?
I think proximity to Pittsburgh and Buffalo hurts them.

Plus the population up there has been in steady decline although it is is rebounding. Metro area for Metro area, Columbus is bigger by about a million people. And as dash said, there was a bit of bad blood when the Barons exited/merged due to a massive asshole owner (In Cleveland? NO WAY). The previous team in Cleveland, the AHL Lumberjacks were always well attended too. No idea if it would support a team as passionately at NHL prices.

More people on average go to the AHL than ever showed up for Barons games. Like 4k more.