• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE out of Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, Benning has made some mistakes, but so has Treliving and in my opinion, he's a lot better than Chiarelli at his job. I mean, who wouldn't take the Canucks future over the Oilers at this point and that's with both McDavid and Draisaitl (who certainly can't seem to do much with he isn't alongside McDavid). That said, I certainly thank Jim for taking Juolevi and leaving Tkachuk for the Flames. Horvat, Boeser, Petterson, Gaudette, and Demko look to be a pretty good core of players going forward.

Edit: I included Horvat even though he was a Gillis move and Benning was not GM at the time.

Im just not sure what it is that Benning does (queue the Office Space clip). Judd Brackett seems to have taken over with regards to draft decisions with Jim occasionally chiming in with stuff like "why isnt anyone taking Kole Lind?"

that being said ... what was out there? Holland i guess but that would mean Linden would get fired and Francesco probably wants to stop the practice of paying guys he doesnt employ ... plus Ken Holland hasnt been the biggest genius the past few years

Bowman was rumoured to be in trouble but beyond that what else?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just not sure what it is that Benning does (queue the Office Space clip). Judd Brackett seems to have taken over with regards to draft decisions with Jim occasionally chiming in with stuff like "why isnt anyone taking Kole Lind?"

that being said ... what was out there? Holland i guess but that would mean Linden would get fired and Francesco probably wants to stop the practice of paying guys he doesnt employ ... plus Ken Holland hasnt been the biggest genius the past few years

Bowman was rumoured to be in trouble but beyond that what else?
Of former GM's, the only prominent one who may be up for another job sometime soon is probably Lombardi.

Of assistants etc. there's Kyle Dubas (Colorado tried to talk to him last summer but it didn't go anywhere and I'm not sure for what position that was for anyway) but Lou is still without a contract for next season as far as we know and Dubas might take over here. Paul Fenton in Nashville probably is on a few lists. Mike Futa's name is thrown around every spring but either he's extremely hesitant to leave LA or he interviews horribly (and given how many bad choices LA has made over the last few years maybe he isn't as shiny as he once was).

Of current GM's, besides Holland and Bowman maybe Fletcher too.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of former GM's, the only prominent one who may be up for another job sometime soon is probably Lombardi.

Of assistants etc. there's Kyle Dubas (Colorado tried to talk to him last summer but it didn't go anywhere and I'm not sure for what position that was for anyway) but Lou is still without a contract for next season as far as we know and Dubas might take over here. Paul Fenton in Nashville probably is on a few lists. Mike Futa's name is thrown around every spring but either he's extremely hesitant to leave LA or he interviews horribly (and given how many bad choices LA has made over the last few years maybe he isn't as shiny as he once was).

Of current GM's, besides Holland and Bowman maybe Fletcher too.

I think "the assistants" were always going to be a non starter for ownership and the fanbase at this juncture. I dont think anyone has the appetite to let a new guy run the show. Even though benning was/is a lifer, it was his first gm gig when he was hired. It is what it is. There are probably good candidates of the noobs but nows probably not the time, for better or worse

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
24kkhc.jpg
woulda gone with "there's TWO contracts?"

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Boeser goal (or 2?) and regulation loss is good night for team TankCalder

now, blast out Gubberson and VanekattheDisco and call it a day

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallagher was just in the cesspool and I just heard him say ... i think referring to Benning and the goaltending problem ... "I mean dude ..."

and all i could think of was this

Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_1.09.20_PM.0.png

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bobmac said yesterday that he thought Vanek would get moved at 5 minutes to 3pm eastern on trade deadline day for a 4th or 5th round pick

Lebrun doubled down this morning (to Pratts amazement - lol) saying that Benning will be lucky to get a 3rd rounder for him and that Vaneks past post trade deadline experiences (habs more so than Panthers) have tarnished his rep amongst gms in the league

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, yeah, I wouldn't expect anything higher than a third for Vanek.

But in that case, why would Evander Kane (3 goals, 4 points since Jan. 1) be worth a higher return than Vanek (4 goals, 11 points since Jan. 1)? :noidea:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drunk Pratt was saying earlier today that Gubberson is going to get Kris Russell money (4 years at 4 shmill per season).

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob mac saying gubberson deal could be done today (and he did mean trade ) :gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.