• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy BRONZE out of Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesnt sound like bro jake is in today though???

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i turn it off when Watters comes on lol ... sometimes I forget to turn it back on until 10am lol

On Fridays, I work remote from Van Island and my wife says, "How come you're not listening to the chatty Cathys on the radio?

My reply: "There isn't much point to it until past 10 am"

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^

Those are certainly three guys who have never been in my kitchen.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky Pierre on the cesspool says he wants full medical disclosure on Landeskog before trading for him - He's worried about his hips and his groin.

/not that there's anything wrong with that.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im hearing reports (may or may not be true) that dave pratt this morning could not recall the name of the former canucks goalie traded for the pick that became bo horvat but he managed to come up with Cody Schneiders

/Greg Buttons likes this

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky Pierre on the cesspool says he wants full medical disclosure on Landeskog before trading for him - He's worried about his hips and his groin.

I believe the exact quote was "i need to see his hips and groin"

/i could be wrong

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im hearing reports (may or may not be true) that dave pratt this morning could not recall the name of the former canucks goalie traded for the pick that became bo horvat but he managed to come up with Cody Schneiders

/Greg Buttons likes this

I cannot confirm or deny this, but any mention of Greg Buttons get a like from me.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

I'm worried that his shot attempts per game have dropped every single year since he's been in the league.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jesus ... what an indictment

Before last season, when the Canucks made the move promoting Rick Celebrini, a physiotherapist, to manage the team’s training and medical staff it raised a lot of eyebrows around the league.

On the surface, any negative reaction was mostly because it meant one of the franchise’s most trusted and familiar mainstays, head athletic trainer Mike Burnstein, was being let go.

But quietly in the background, people saw there was an organizational shift happening. Essentially, people understood Celebrini to be a big proponent of rest, recovery and rehab.

Connecting obvious dots here, people assumed the Canucks were increasingly looking for alternatives to surgery, a theory which seemed to get more run when, before this season, the team parted ways with Mike Wilkinson, a physician who was in Celebrini’s current role a couple of years ago.

Since Celebrini was first brought on as a consultant, the Canucks front office was pitching its organization as one taking leaps forward in the area of “human performance.”

On one of the stories, a headline read:

screen-shot-2017-01-17-at-8-46-43-pm.png

In that story, Linden said:

“We have lofty goals.”

“We want to be the best human-performance department in pro sports.

“We want to be innovative and there are lots of things we’re working on.”

It hasn’t translated. Not yet, anyway.

Last season’s second half meltdown was blamed on a series of injuries and this one has provided the highest percentage of “oddities” regarding medical issues we’ve seen in Vancouver in recent memory.

Of course, right now, the most obvious is Rodin, whose situation either hasn’t made sense or has been poorly explained and this goes back to training camp.

Rodin’s story doesn’t seem to be on an island.

In the same Jan. 6 game he was hurt, Hutton suffered a fracture in his hand. Despite this, the Canucks still thought he would be playing the next day in Calgary and they thought that right until warmup, which is part of the reason they were force to play that game with 5 D.

Now he’s out for 3-6 weeks.

I’m sure the Canucks have a very good explanation why they thought he could play last week, but it is strange.

Chris Tanev suffered a foot injury on Oct. 22. He played the next game. He then missed nine days. He then played against Montreal. He still wasn’t right. He missed the next six weeks.

I’m sure the Canucks have a great explanation why, but it’s strange.

With a history of suffering stingers, two or three times a year, Dorsett had a really troubling one following a hit on Oct. 22. The hit left his arm and shoulder area numb for some time.

He missed 10 days, which were spent rehabbing. In his second game back he got into a fight. Again, he had the stiffness and numbness that stuck around for a while.”

He admitted he was concerned.

“It gets scary. Especially because I have three young children,” he said.

“It happened four times in one month, and there was some concern that if you damaged a nerve it wouldn’t come back for a month. Maybe six months.

“We tried doing the treatment route. Then against Phoenix, it was an innocent play. Guy was just pushing off. My arm went numb again. I had this burning sensation. It stuck around for a while. Treated it. Saw doctors.”

Did something show up on the imaging after the last incident that wasn’t there after the Oct. 22 hit?

I’m sure the Canucks have a great explanation, but it’s strange.

Then there was Gudbranson who said his wrist was sore “for the better part of the season.”

At some point, he said late November, he knew he was going to need surgery for torn ligaments in his wrist.

“It was going to have to get done no matter what.”

He, however, kept playing.

“I went through a variety of opinions.

“I saw different (doctors) over a span of about three weeks.

“Early on, there was potential for me to finish the season. Toward the end, it was looking like a consensus of me getting it done.”

In the mean time, the wrist got worse.

“I had bones that shifted because of the instability. It was getting tough to do my job. Holding a stick was difficult.”

He’s now out months following surgery to repair those ligaments.

Again, I’m sure the Canucks have a great explanation, but it does sound strange. Indeed.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benning probably said it lol

BFG is never going to shake the Chara comparisons. He doesn’t have Chara’s mean streak. That’s clear.

But someone who covered Chara in his early years told me, thinking back, there is no way Chara could skate like Tryamkin can when you compare where the two during their first seasons in the NHL.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL RADIO suggesting WillieD is a coach of the year candidate lmao

meanwhile

Status
Not open for further replies.