• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comeback

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year I missed the playoffs in the inaugural PPR year after winning my first championship in this league.

This time, I was not going to let what happened in last year's draft affect me again. I was not going to draft an RB that could not catch over a good WR (cough Howard cough), and I was certainly going to try to have a balanced roster which meant not completely waiting on a TE. Also, a better WR was important because of the two WRs I picked last year. Sure, Hill was fine but he was not always delivering and didn't really have the target ceiling a traditional number one receiver has. Tate, on the other hand, burned me when the Lions traded him especially.

Kamara didn't do much this year but showed up at the perfect time. That's why I have to stockpile on RBs because someone will hit. Kamara was still decent, but Jones and Ingram/Coleman had their moments as well. I got one good start out of Coleman. Jones was up and down. Later in the season, I started playing both Jones and Williams because it seemed both were putting up a good combination that was safe. Evans had some monster games. All season, I had some trouble finding that number two receiver. I made a desperation trade that didn't pay off but didn't kill me when I traded Ingram for Cooks. I was able to land Parker, however, and when Evans went down, there was Perriman right for the taking. QB was, as usual, my weakest link but I never let that affect me, but when crunch time happened, I had to start going for upside. I know I was going against the grain by taking a TE in the sixth round, but Cook, once he got Brees back, was a top TE. Three of my top six draft picks contributed to my championship. One other would have had he stayed healthy.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand that... I won three championships this season(2 monies and one MBBRL) in all of those I drafted Travis Kelce in either the 2nd or third... I think all were in the 2nd...

He didn't have a great season, relative to expectation... But how nice it was to have a unquestionable start every week, and how nice it was to not need a backup other than bye week replacement...

It was worth the price, even though he didn't have the elite season, he should have...