• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Come on LeBron. Do it!

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked great playing against scrubs. It takes him a minute and a half to get the ball from his waist to his neck. He is going to get schooled. Book it.

I don't know about all that. That ugly shot goes in. It was against low level comp but I didn't see Fultz or any of the other top 10 picks putting up triple doubles and that huge 36/8/11/5 game. I can't prove it but I think he's gonna be a star.

Harry Seaword

Hoopla Cash
$ 266.84
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about all that. That ugly shot goes in. It was against low level comp but I didn't see Fultz or any of the other top 10 picks putting up triple doubles and that huge 36/8/11/5 game. I can't prove it but I think he's gonna be a star.

I disagree but we will find out soon enough.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes lebron should join the sixers...

if he feels like sitting out the rest of his career with injuries! Or is that just the rookies?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Ball looked great. I knew the Sixers should have paired his passing with Simmons passing.

Ball looked great passing the ball. His handle is weak and his shooting is meh.

Ball would have been a really bad fit for the Sixers.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

Some of you boneheads think getting to the finals and losing is worse than your team sucking ass for half a decade

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked great playing against scrubs. It takes him a minute and a half to get the ball from his waist to his neck. He is going to get schooled. Book it.

The problem with Lonzo's shot isn't his form. There have been plenty of good shooters in the NBA that don't/didn't have good form.

The problem is, as you mention, how long it takes him to get the shot off. Whether he changes his form or not, it's the slow delivery that will cause him to struggle.

He will be a very good player simply off of his elite level passing and vision. The fact that he is always looking to pass first and pretty much only shoots as the last option and when he's wide open will help him to some degree.

But if he truly wants to be great, he's going to have to figure out a way to quicken his release. Both Magic and Jason Kidd (the guy most seem to compare him too) were pretty bad at shooting when they first came into the league and both were able to improve their shots.

As I've said before, he doesn't have to be a great shooter, he just has to be good enough that teams have to respect his shot.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Lonzo's shot isn't his form. There have been plenty of good shooters in the NBA that don't/didn't have good form.

The problem is, as you mention, how long it takes him to get the shot off. Whether he changes his form or not, it's the slow delivery that will cause him to struggle.

He will be a very good player simply off of his elite level passing and vision. The fact that he is always looking to pass first and pretty much only shoots as the last option and when he's wide open will help him to some degree.

But if he truly wants to be great, he's going to have to figure out a way to quicken his release. Both Magic and Jason Kidd (the guy most seem to compare him too) were pretty bad at shooting when they first came into the league and both were able to improve their shots.

As I've said before, he doesn't have to be a great shooter, he just has to be good enough that teams have to respect his shot.

I disagree that Magic was a bad shooter his rookie year. He shot 53%.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree that Magic was a bad shooter his rookie year. He shot 53%.

Most of that was layups from drives to the hoop. His outside shooting was pretty bad which is why he didn't shoot much from outside.

People think Lonzo is slow to get his shot off...Magic took so long to release his shot, you could go get a beer and some chips and dip and still get back in time to see him release the ball.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of that was layups from drives to the hoop. His outside shooting was pretty bad which is why he didn't shoot much from outside.

People think Lonzo is slow to get his shot off...Magic took so long to release his shot, you could go get a beer and some chips and dip and still get back in time to see him release the ball.

Okay that does make sense. I can't remember Magic's rookie year like you do. I just looked up his stats & went by that. As far as Lonzo, like most rookies I expect him to have his struggles but I think he'll turn out to be a good NBAer.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay that does make sense. I can't remember Magic's rookie year like you do. I just looked up his stats & went by that. As far as Lonzo, like most rookies I expect him to have his struggles but I think he'll turn out to be a good NBAer.

Yeah, as far as outside shooting, Magic did improve enough to where his outside shot was respectable. But he wasn't ever going to be challenging Larry to any 3 point shooting contests. At least not any that anyone would ever actually get to see. lol

Lonzo will no doubt have his share of struggles. I'm sure guys like Curry, Harden, Westbrook, Lillard, CP3, etc. are chomping at the bit to see what the kid has.

The nice thing about the Lakers signing KCP is that he will more than likely be covering those guys on defense. So that should help take some of the pressure off of Lonzo.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude. They got Ball. I'm sure his summer league success will translate into the regular season. Even with the sloppy long passes and that terrible jump shot.

Shit. I can't find the sarcastic font...

Look.

There are legitimate flaws in Ball's game, but his passing skill is off the charts. That much is unassailable. He was repeatedly dropping dimes from 70 feet.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not worried at all about the slow release because he isn't a shooter.

Ball is the guy who catches and shoots when open. He does not need the same quick release that a primary shooter would.

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must be the time of year when every beat writer posts a "Lebron is coming here" article. I read one about him going to Houston this morning.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... youre right. It would be awful to have the 2nd greatest player in the history of the NBA who averaged a triple double in the finals. THat would be awful.

Lame as fuck to build something great and then have a mercenary style cheapened championship at the end of it. Don't need his bitch ass. We will beat him on our way to our own finals. A real one. A philly one. Not a lebron one.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lame as fuck to build something great and then have a mercenary style cheapened championship at the end of it. Don't need his bitch ass. We will beat him on our way to our own finals. A real one. A philly one. Not a lebron one.

LOL. Good luck with that. So silly.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Good luck with that. So silly.

I kind of see his point... but we've been waiting since 1983 the days of Andrew Toney aka The Boston Strangler, Dr J and Moses. I think it would be fun to see the city rally around Lebron.

I don't get the "bitch ass" though. Lebron has been a class act. Never arrested, never and nonsense, donates 10's of millions. Never understood the Lebron hate.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of see his point... but we've been waiting since 1983 the days of Andrew Toney aka The Boston Strangler, Dr J and Moses. I think it would be fun to see the city rally around Lebron.

I don't get the "bitch ass" though. Lebron has been a class act. Never arrested, never and nonsense, donates 10's of millions. Never understood the Lebron hate.

At the same time though, all 3 of Fultz, Embiid and Simmons will have to emerge as legit superstars for Philly to be a real contender without outside help. That is unlikely.

Part of the brilliance of their rebuild is that they now have the cap space to sign a legit star to expedite the next steps in the process. That is the reason they got rid of Noel and others before him.

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4...