• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

College fantasy football 2017

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant figure out if I suck at this or my players suck

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't suck, now I suck.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant figure out if I suck at this or my players suck
At least you're not @Wild Turkey... I'm tempted to secretly open up Wyoming for the poor guy so he can try to save some face...

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he get the memo? Wyoming lost to Oregon who apparently sucks so that would mean Wyoming sucks too

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he get the memo? Wyoming lost to Oregon who apparently sucks so that would mean Wyoming sucks too
"Apparently"

:stephena:

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that this season is good and underway, I want to throw out what I'm thinking for moving forward. I like the three keepers thing, I think it makes sense on different levels, and now that we've done it once no one can be taken off guard by it next year. And now that we know how it works, next year we don't need to cut rosters down to 3, just select who you want in keepers page before the date we decide that needs to be done by (a week or two before the draft). Also thinking we don't allow trades before the draft, that turned into a way more complicated thing than was intended. I figured someone just might want to swap guys, or trade a player for a pick (so it would all work out even for the draft) and somehow someone ended up with 4 guys and an extra pick and all kinds of weirdness. Just pick your keepers, and wait until after the draft if you want to start trading.

And as discussed, I'll set up a bowl pickem this year, and how we finish in that will determine next year's draft order. Still a ways off, but be ready foe that. If you don't participate in it, I'll just throw you in behind whoever finishes last, if it's multiple guys it will be random in the sense of whoever I randomly click on first...

I know this is early, but just want to get these thoughts out there while I sit on the toilet here... And I don't think it can be too early since there's always bound to be someone who misses something.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that this season is good and underway, I want to throw out what I'm thinking for moving forward. I like the three keepers thing, I think it makes sense on different levels, and now that we've done it once no one can be taken off guard by it next year. And now that we know how it works, next year we don't need to cut rosters down to 3, just select who you want in keepers page before the date we decide that needs to be done by (a week or two before the draft). Also thinking we don't allow trades before the draft, that turned into a way more complicated thing than was intended. I figured someone just might want to swap guys, or trade a player for a pick (so it would all work out even for the draft) and somehow someone ended up with 4 guys and an extra pick and all kinds of weirdness. Just pick your keepers, and wait until after the draft if you want to start trading.

And as discussed, I'll set up a bowl pickem this year, and how we finish in that will determine next year's draft order. Still a ways off, but be ready foe that. If you don't participate in it, I'll just throw you in behind whoever finishes last, if it's multiple guys it will be random in the sense of whoever I randomly click on first...

I know this is early, but just want to get these thoughts out there while I sit on the toilet here... And I don't think it can be too early since there's always bound to be someone who misses something.
in agreement with all

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you want to keep it as P5 only next year or expand to other conferences?

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you want to keep it as P5 only next year or expand to other conferences?
I say P5 w/ ND like this year, but I'm open to discussion about opening it up.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say P5 w/ ND like this year, but I'm open to discussion about opening it up.

I could go either way. Opening it up to G5 schools would make it alot easier to find quality free agents but would devalue the draft.

Personally I'd be in favor of a compromise (say allow MWC and AAC schools) to increase the player pool, but am not opposed to any option we decide

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could go either way. Opening it up to G5 schools would make it alot easier to find quality free agents but would devalue the draft.

Personally I'd be in favor of a compromise (say allow MWC and AAC schools) to increase the player pool, but am not opposed to any option we decide
What about P5 ND and BYU and what ever conference gets the autobid from prior season? this year would have been MAC, season before American, and Mountain west in the first year of the playoff.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about P5 ND and BYU and what ever conference gets the autobid from prior season? this year would have been MAC, season before American, and Mountain west in the first year of the playoff.
That seems like a fun idea. It would open up the player pool a bit and keep things fresh. Then we'd have to have a rule that no keepers can be from the g5 conference (unless it repeats, I guess).

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i say just p5 , or too many good
players
That's my first reaction too. It takes something away if everyone can score 200 points every week because there's an abundance of good players. At the same time, it'd be nice for someone who gets screwed with the draft (like wildturkey) to have a fighting chance to get back in it. We included the MW the first 2 years and I don't think it really made that much of a difference.

I don't know...

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems like a fun idea. It would open up the player pool a bit and keep things fresh. Then we'd have to have a rule that no keepers can be from the g5 conference (unless it repeats, I guess).
for next season we prob looking at MW (San Diego State) or American (USF)

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my first reaction too. It takes something away if everyone can score 200 points every week because there's an abundance of good players. At the same time, it'd be nice for someone who gets screwed with the draft (like wildturkey) to have a fighting chance to get back in it. We included the MW the first 2 years and I don't think it really made that much of a difference.

I don't know...
you don't get screwed if u show up for the draft though

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and it did for me i raided the small
schools, don't think it's good to add more teams