• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

College fantasy football 2017

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my other league last year we didn't count the very first week(Hawaii vs. Cal if you remember) and we never included the final week of the season(SEC CG, B1G CG, ACC CG, Pac 12 CG and those couple games in the Big 12. We stopped at week 13, I guess you could call it rivalry week(OSU vs. Mich, Auburn vs. Bama, ND vs. USC etc..)

FSU vs. UF...

just wanted to add that in there

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll look into the schedule and get back to you, I haven't done anything with that yet. In the past we've cut out week 14 because there's not many games and it's mostly big 12.
I propose we only keep weeks in which I win.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I propose we only keep weeks in which I win.
wait-what.jpg

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some stuff...

Our season will be week 1 through week 13, week 1 will start on Aug. 31, games before that date will not be counted.

Everyone was set to have bye weeks, I fixed that B.S., which means everyone will play a couple other guys twice. I'm sure this will lead to whoever has to play steelerspride, cowboyinexile, or shanemansj13 bitching about it, but it's better than bye weeks, and eff those guys anyway.

I also took out the 4 team playoff, which means the team with the most wins will be the champ. Overall points will break the tie. Please speak up if you don't like this and would prefer a playoff, I don't mind putting it back if that's what you guys want, figured this way just keeps everyone in until the end of the season.

Honestly, the twonky college schedule is an issue every year, there's really no perfect way to set up the fantasy schedule, the best way to go about it is probably to just do overall points, but that's not as fun or involved as having a head to head matchup every week, so it is what it is.

As always speak up if you don't like something or have a suggestion, now's the time, don't wait until half way through the year to bitch about the rules. New guys might want to familiarize with the scoring, though it's pretty standard. Remember we have two active QBs.

And everyone, remember you need to either have 3 guys you want to keep checked in the keeper admin screen, or have everyone cut but the three guys you're keeping (or both) by the end of the day Monday.

@SteelersPride @Wild Turkey @Judge Fudge @Cowboyinexile @uncfan103 @jwolt92 @Shanemansj13 @Olyduck @ericd7633

Edit: there's an option to penalize scores from players who are playing against FCS teams as a sort of handicap. I don't see the point, as everyone will benefit from those games, and starters don't generally stay in long enough to boost their points that much, but there has been concerns brought up about that from guys in the past, so we can consider that if it's desired.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding the schedule, another way we can go about it is to do two 5 team divisions. So you play everyone in your division twice, and a couple from the other division once. Then we could have a championship week with the top team from each.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im good either way

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
scoring wise we can do whatever.

Im not down with handicapping playing fcs schools, i think thats part of managing your lineup. You prepare for that, and if you can find gold by playing an FCS schol, you did your homework, kudos to you

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other league I'm in penalizes your player if they play an FCS opponent. Basically you would get .75 points for every point they got. So if your player would have normally gotten 40 points it only showed up as 30 points. I didn't really like that rule, but I had no say, so just rolled with it. lol.

As far as having a final four playoff, I'm a little torn on that. I do like the playoff format, but that can sometimes lead to fluky things. Would there be a way to take the top 4 teams, and then the last 2 weeks of the season have the top 4 teams battle it out to see who ends up with the most points and skip a bracketed format all together? I'm just throwing things out here. If there's a consensus among the group, I'll go with that.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other league I'm in penalizes your player if they play an FCS opponent. Basically you would get .75 points for every point they got. So if your player would have normally gotten 40 points it only showed up as 30 points. I didn't really like that rule, but I had no say, so just rolled with it. lol.

As far as having a final four playoff, I'm a little torn on that. I do like the playoff format, but that can sometimes lead to fluky things. Would there be a way to take the top 4 teams, and then the last 2 weeks of the season have the top 4 teams battle it out to see who ends up with the most points and skip a bracketed format all together? I'm just throwing things out here. If there's a consensus among the group, I'll go with that.
i'm ok with that playoff structure

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll put the playoff back in, it'll be the same as last year, the 4 teams with the beat record will be in it.

As far as handicapping scores against FCS teams, I'm not really for it, and will only do it if there's overwhelming support for it. Only brought it up because it's come up in the past.

My thought is if there's an advantage, it's one everyone can have, like Steelerspride said it's something you can plan for. But beyond that, I don't really think there's that much to exploit with it in the first place. Factoring in everyone will have players who play in those games, and that many will be pulled from games at or before the time they hit typical full game numbers anyway, just seems like it all balances out.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll put the playoff back in, it'll be the same as last year, the 4 teams with the beat record will be in it.

As far as handicapping scores against FCS teams, I'm not really for it, and will only do it if there's overwhelming support for it. Only brought it up because it's come up in the past.

My thought is if there's an advantage, it's one everyone can have, like Steelerspride said it's something you can plan for. But beyond that, I don't really think there's that much to exploit with it in the first place. Factoring in everyone will have players who play in those games, and that many will be pulled from games at or before the time they hit typical full game numbers anyway, just seems like it all balances out.

I don't think it is much of an advantage. If the game is a blowout your player probably isn t seeing much action in the second half. If it's a close game they are probably playing like crap.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is much of an advantage. If the game is a blowout your player probably isn t seeing much action in the second half. If it's a close game they are probably playing like crap.
^^^This.

Just keep it simple.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're all set. 4 team playoff. I will set it to enter the teams manually since there is no way to clarify total points should be the tie breaker for teams with the same record, so I don't want to assume that's the default.

The schedule is set, draft is set, make sure you have your 3 keepers picked by Monday, and we're good to go.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TheDayMan

Is too late to make a cut to a keeper and draft a replacement?
No, have your keepers figured out by Monday. If you're saying you only want to keep 2 you can, but you won't get an extra pick so you'll need to pick up a free agent after the draft.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, have your keepers figured out by Monday. If you're saying you only want to keep 2 you can, but you won't get an extra pick so you'll need to pick up a free agent after the draft.

Ok. I don't trust my Luke del Rio being healty for this season

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone interested in taking my first for a late first and second round pick

or my second and third for a high secone round pick

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Shanemansj13, you have Barrett, Lamar Jackson, Phillip Lindsay, and Akrum Wadley on your roster, which one you want to let go of?