• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

College / Draft Talk 17-18

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really good QB Class ... while we don't need one, it's going to drive talent at other positions down the draft. Watched the Oklahoma State / Pitt game earlier today; Mason Rudolph looks like a future pro stud!

Just finished watching the Memphis / UCLA game ... WR Anthony Miller looked great 5'11 190 lbs slot type.

Anyhoo ... here' the place to contribute thoughts till next April's Draft :)

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Vols against Florida ... Tenn RB John Kelly having a monster game against a top flight Gator D. Very impressed ... probably a 4th or 5th round type. This game went from snooze fest early to very exciting late. Florida CB Duke Dawson has shown well ... nickel / slot guy who tackles well and has 4 or 5 passes defended in this game.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the good left tackles? That's who we should be paying attention to, as well as running backs. Can Bo Scarbrough catch? That's one thing I would love to know. They obviously don't throw it much at Bama.

The new online sports site, The Athletic, has a great weekly feature where they do a Q&A with Joe Banner, and one of the things Banner said is that the Eagles don't even look at backs unless they can be factors in the passing game. That was one of the things they really loved about Westbrook and Shady--they concluded they both would be weapons out of the backfield as well as running the ball. He was talking about the Reid era but doesn't think that has changed under Pederson.

Banner had a great story about them sweating it on the clock hoping Westbrook would be there. They reportedly tried to trade up to get him for 20 picks before he made it to their third rounder. They never thought he would last that long.

He said Westbrook was not everyone's cup of tea in their organization based on his college tape--until he came in for a workout. Then everyone saw his skills and realized he could do it in the pros.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Rosen, I watched the Memphis game, and he definitely has the tools to be a pro QB. He throws a very nice ball. That said, I would be concerned about the reports his teammates all hate him and he is an asshole. That may not matter for most positions, but I think it matters at QB. You have to be a leader. Wentz obviously has the right makeup for the position in that department--you can tell teammates respect the way he carries himself.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the good left tackles? That's who we should be paying attention to, as well as running backs. Can Bo Scarbrough catch? That's one thing I would love to know. They obviously don't throw it much at Bama.

The new online sports site, The Athletic, has a great weekly feature where they do a Q&A with Joe Banner, and one of the things Banner said is that the Eagles don't even look at backs unless they can be factors in the passing game. That was one of the things they really loved about Westbrook and Shady--they concluded they both would be weapons out of the backfield as well as running the ball. He was talking about the Reid era but doesn't think that has changed under Pederson.

Banner had a great story about them sweating it on the clock hoping Westbrook would be there. They reportedly tried to trade up to get him for 20 picks before he made it to their third rounder. They never thought he would last that long.

He said Westbrook was not everyone's cup of tea in their organization based on his college tape--until he came in for a workout. Then everyone saw his skills and realized he could do it in the pros.

Top 10 college football offensive linemen to watch in 2017

Doc Green

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Gallup, WR, CSU. A big possession receiver. He was open all night vs. Alabama CBs. Ill be watching him for the rest of the season.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGlinchey is a Philly guy and was definitely on my list.

I didn't realize he was cousins with Matt Ryan. Ryan's mom and McGlinchy's mom are sisters.

Doc Green

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As fan of the big possession receivers, UT WR Johnson is one to watch through the season.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Pettis, WR, Washington. Move Agholor to outside, and put Pettis in the slot. If Jeffrey plays well this year, re-sign him. If not, then look for a stud, tall #1. If we are not in [position (hope we're not) to pick Barkley or Guise, then I'd go strictly BPA (OT?) in the 1st, and if we recoup a 2nd, go RB in the 2nd or 3rd. Other needs - CB, & LB.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we have any picks left!:gaah:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will need to get out of the 1st Rd and try to get a 2nd and 3rd Rd pick for it. Hopefully someone will bite.

Not if we have to draft a center though. The top ones go towards the end of the first.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will need to get out of the 1st Rd and try to get a 2nd and 3rd Rd pick for it. Hopefully someone will bite.

That's a good point, and hopefully the Patriots pick we get will turn out to be a 3rd v.s a 4th. As long as he plays at east 50% of the plays this season, it will be a 3rd. Right now he's at 53%. That way, we may be able to trade down to a late 1st round pick, and pick up a 2nd. We'll see. i don' put anything past Howie.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, picking in the 20's, here are two players to keep an eye on:
WR Courtland Sutton, SMU
RB Ronald Jones, USC

They may go a lot higher, but one of them could still be there for us. I know, it's way too early.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Pettis, WR, Washington. Move Agholor to outside, and put Pettis in the slot. If Jeffrey plays well this year, re-sign him. If not, then look for a stud, tall #1. If we are not in [position (hope we're not) to pick Barkley or Guise, then I'd go strictly BPA (OT?) in the 1st, and if we recoup a 2nd, go RB in the 2nd or 3rd. Other needs - CB, & LB.

Here's the latest on Pettis, who also goes by Austin. Whatever! He could be a great PR/KR + WR.

NFL Draft Prospect of the Week: Dante Pettis

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we need are outside receivers. Agholor is a slot guy, and former Houston QB Greg Ward, on our practice squad, looks like an interesting developmental prospect for the slot.

Mack Hollins will likely become one of our outside starters, but we probably need to draft another to supplant Smith or Jeffrey long term.