• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

College Basketball Pickems

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A thread to discuss next day games and results from the previous day. My focus are on the games that seem to have a national impact, but if you have something interesting happening in your conference and want to bring it up...have at it.

Kicking this one off, I'll start with the UCLA/Duke game 19 Dec in MSG. Steve Alfod vs Coach K.

I think Duke has the edge on this one with the game playing on the East Coast. Coach K has a good record in MSG (23-8). UCLA traveling across the country isn't going to be easy plus playing on a big stage against a premier program is going to have UCLA a little star struck.

But teams in December don't get enough time on the court so odd things happen. Either way, this should be a great game.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From 18 Dec

TX 86, UNC 83. I didn't see that one coming. I didn't see the heels missing 23 ft's either. And I didn't see UNC losing their starting center Joel James to a right knee injury on the game's first play. The extent of his injury is unclear. If anyone has an update, I would like hear it. Either way it's a great win for Rick Barnes who I thought may be on the ropes in TX.

Stan 53, UConn 51??? UConn being held to 51 is impressive but at home no less is something special. UConn had a 54 home game win streak against non-conference opponents. At one point, down by 13, Stanford catches fire with back to back 3's and just picked up the pace to steal the win in Storrs.

Very cool stuff.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From 18 Dec

TX 86, UNC 83. I didn't see that one coming. I didn't see the heels missing 23 ft's either. And I didn't see UNC losing their starting center Joel James to a right knee injury on the game's first play. The extent of his injury is unclear. If anyone has an update, I would like hear it. Either way it's a great win for Rick Barnes who I thought may be on the ropes in TX.

Stan 53, UConn 51??? UConn being held to 51 is impressive but at home no less is something special. UConn had a 54 home game win streak against non-conference opponents. At one point, down by 13, Stanford catches fire with back to back 3's and just picked up the pace to steal the win in Storrs.

Very cool stuff.

UNC shouldn't be in the top 25 after this week.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNC shouldn't be in the top 25 after this week.

man....I don't know what to say about Carolina. With wins over MSU, UofL and UK it's just so hard to keep them out of the top25. And TX's only loss is to BYU and has a win @ Temple. Going into Chappel Hill and stealing a W is as good as it gets.

But I can see your case for dropping them out. Them and UK will be the only 3 loss teams in the Top 25 should they remain. Losses to UAB and Belmont are pretty bad.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonvi you ole bastard!!

I think the Dookies take the game on the east coast over UCLA.

Illinois Missouri 12/21 baby! We need to play our freshman guards more from Simeon that played with Jabari Parker!! Jaylon Tate and Kendrick Nunn.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From 18 Dec

Very cool stuff.

Stanford held UCONN to 13 second half points. Wow

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man....I don't know what to say about Carolina. With wins over MSU, UofL and UK it's just so hard to keep them out of the top25. And TX's only loss is to BYU and has a win @ Temple. Going into Chappel Hill and stealing a W is as good as it gets.

But I can see your case for dropping them out. Them and UK will be the only 3 loss teams in the Top 25 should they remain. Losses to UAB and Belmont are pretty bad.

So does Towson... Temple is horrible this year as an FYI

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same ole UNC. We'll be ready come tourney time. As usual. See ya then.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does Towson... Temple is horrible this year as an FYI

Temple can never be taken lightly when at home. That place ain't right at night.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke just curb stomps UCLA in the second half. I'm seeing some folks out west are not happy with the Steve Alford hire.

man....a game I missed though was LBS over USC. No way did I think a 1 - 9 Long Beach State team could get the win. A neat story line though is Tyler Lamb knocks down 20 playing in his first game for LBS since transferring over a year ago from UCLA.

''I've been through a lot with USC. I've only lost to them once since I've been in college and I want to keep it that way,''

Man...in your face.

Folks may remember Enfield getting the USC job after taking some SW Florida team deep into the tourney. Between Enfiled, Alford and now the 49rs....Southern California has a bunch to talk about.

This loss pushes USC's record to 7 - 4....not the start they wanted. With a crub stomping by Nova, and a double digit loss to Wake, USC is not looking like a team ready for the NCAA tourney.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonvi you ole bastard!!

I think the Dookies take the game on the east coast over UCLA.

Illinois Missouri 12/21 baby! We need to play our freshman guards more from Simeon that played with Jabari Parker!! Jaylon Tate and Kendrick Nunn.

junkie....my man....Yes.....we need to skip straight to Saturday....unless anyone wants a rundown on Friday barn burners like High Point @ SU or Nicholls State @ IU match ups.

There are so many interesting games on Saturday.

ILL @ Mizz. With losses to GTech and Oregon, ILL needs this going into conference play. Mizz has skated on a light schedule. I'll go wid SJ's team....ILL.

ECU @ NC State. NC State needs to win and I'm not sure who East Carolina is this year. A nine point loss to Duke tells me they can play. NC State has a decent win....their last game @ TN....but that's not signature either. My pick...NC State.

UMass @ FSU. Is UMass about to take down another football school? They've beat Clemson, BYU, LSU, BC and Nebraska. Undefeated right now....UMass could win out. But FSU may be a bit tougher then those already mentioned. With losses only to Michigan, @ Florida and @ Minn, FSU has seen some tough comp. A win against UMass would help going into league play. My pick....UMass.

tOSU @ ND....ND is a very tough to win at. This is not a gimmie for the buckeyes. My pick is still the tOSU.

Zags @ KSU....I don't like either of these teams this year. I'll go with KSU at home.

MSU @ TX....TX won at UNC because UNC couldn't make free throws. I like MSU.

OU @ ATM.....A good match up, but OU is too much. OU.

BYU @ Oregon....Oregon...another unbeaten and going to stay that way.

OSU @ CO. This one is going to be a good game. CO has a win over Kansas. OSU's only loss is at Memphis. What's interesting is OSU spanked Memphis earlier in the season 101 - 80. I'm going to pick OSU for the upset.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ILL @ Mizz. Illinios had oregon down 10 at Oregon and slowed the tempo down. :gaah: Our 2 freshman guards from Simeon need more clock - they played with Jabari Parker at Simeon in Chicago. 4 consecutive Class 4A championships!!!! Never been done. Mizzou has skated on a light schedule, but is very athletic. I'll go ILLINOIS!!

ECU @ NC State. NC State needs to win and I'm not sure who East Carolina is this year. A nine point loss to Duke tells me they can play. NC State has a decent win....their last game @ TN....but that's not signature either. My pick...NC State.

UMass @ FSU. My pick....SEMINOLES

tOSU @ ND....ND is a very tough to win at. This is not a gimmie for the buckeyes. My pick is still the Golden Domer Homers

Zags @ KSU.... I'll go with KSU at home.

BYU @ Oregon....Oregon...another unbeaten and going to stay that way. This team is really athletic, plays good D, and can get up and down the floor.

OSU @ CO. BUFFS!

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke just curb stomps UCLA in the second half. I'm seeing some folks out west are not happy with the Steve Alford hire.

man....a game I missed though was LBS over USC. No way did I think a 1 - 9 Long Beach State team could get the win. A neat story line though is Tyler Lamb knocks down 20 playing in his first game for LBS since transferring over a year ago from UCLA.

''I've been through a lot with USC. I've only lost to them once since I've been in college and I want to keep it that way,''

Man...in your face.

Folks may remember Enfield getting the USC job after taking some SW Florida team deep into the tourney. Between Enfiled, Alford and now the 49rs....Southern California has a bunch to talk about.

This loss pushes USC's record to 7 - 4....not the start they wanted. With a crub stomping by Nova, and a double digit loss to Wake, USC is not looking like a team ready for the NCAA tourney.

i had long beach -2. beyond annoying end of the game. lamb was absolutely terrible in the 2nd half

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
junkie....my man....Yes.....we need to skip straight to Saturday....unless anyone wants a rundown on Friday barn burners like High Point @ SU or Nicholls State @ IU match ups.

There are so many interesting games on Saturday.

ILL @ Mizz. With losses to GTech and Oregon, ILL needs this going into conference play. Mizz has skated on a light schedule. I'll go wid SJ's team....ILL.

UMass @ FSU. Is UMass about to take down another football school? They've beat Clemson, BYU, LSU, BC and Nebraska. Undefeated right now....UMass could win out. But FSU may be a bit tougher then those already mentioned. With losses only to Michigan, @ Florida and @ Minn, FSU has seen some tough comp. A win against UMass would help going into league play. My pick....UMass.

tOSU @ ND....ND is a very tough to win at. This is not a gimmie for the buckeyes. My pick is still the tOSU.

Zags @ KSU....I don't like either of these teams this year. I'll go with KSU at home.

BYU @ Oregon....Oregon...another unbeaten and going to stay that way.

OSU @ CO. This one is going to be a good game. CO has a win over Kansas. OSU's only loss is at Memphis. What's interesting is OSU spanked Memphis earlier in the season 101 - 80. I'm going to pick OSU for the upset.

both are neutral site games

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Auburn beat Clemson. Isn't Auburn the cellar dweller of the SEC?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but Clemson is the cellar dweller of the ACC, so who really cares?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Games so far:

ILL @ Mizz. Mizz up by 4 with 10:00 to go.

ECU @ NC State. NC State spanked ECU 90 - 79.

UMass @ FSU. FSU pulls it out, but UMass got robbed on the home town hanging on the rim call.

tOSU @ ND....Tip off at 7:30pm et.

Zags @ KSU....Gonzaga is the most overrated team in bball. KSU wins by 10.

MSU @ TX....MSU wins big.

OU @ ATM.....Tip off at 7:00pm et.

BYU @ Oregon....Tip off at 10:30pm et.

OSU @ CO. Tip off at 11:30pm et.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs are making the Mizzou Illinois game completely unwatchable. This game is physical every year but you can't play defense anymore apparently