• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Colby, Rangers travel down to play Angels 9/9-9/11

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a pretty loaded question, if you ask me. I'm guessing the overwhelming winner was Scheppers based solely on the last 1-2 weeks for each. And I'll admit, I'd probably answer Scheppers too just because of how unbelievably awful Diekman and Kela have been for some time. But it's probably a bit presumptuous to assume Scheppers will be this good going forward based on just a few appearances. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. As much as I detest the sight of Jake Diekman right now, a small part of me thinks he could rest or fix what's wrong upstairs and still be a semi-decent lefty option out of the pen in the playoffs. Kela, on the other hand, I'm afraid is a lost cause. He hasn't been good at all this season, not even for a small stretch. He has zero command and has earned every bit of his 6+ ERA.

So as of 9/12, I'd rank them: Scheppers, Diekman, Kela

But as of 10/1, I'd like to see: Diekman, Scheppers......................... Kela.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the game today, I'm glad I had commitments which prevented me from watching. I had a feeling with awful pitcher/Rangers kryptonite Jered Weaver on the mound, Banny's getaway day forfeit lineup, and Colby's first outing back in 2 months, it likely wouldn't end well for the good guys. At least the Cubbies are helping us out.

Oh, and the ultimate kick to the pills was Adrian Beltre hitting 2 HR today. It cost me $1,000 in my big money fantasy semi-finals. And I was actually ok with that as long as it gave the Rangers a win. But no, Beltre's HR's ended up only costing me a grand and not helping the Rangers win. Throw in the Cowboys losing like only they can, and it was just a shit sports day in general. Boo.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of now it is Scheppers over Kela with Diekman an overwhelming last choice.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of now it is Scheppers over Kela with Diekman an overwhelming last choice.
Look at their numbers over the first half of the season and even last year and I think you'll see that Diekman is more of a short-term problem, while Kela has been much worse for a lot longer.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at their numbers over the first half of the season and even last year and I think you'll see that Diekman is more of a short-term problem, while Kela has been much worse for a lot longer.
There were many games that Dyson came in and bailed Diekman out of a mess last year. But right at this point in time I say he is dead last. Not saying that couldn't change.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if already mentioned. Barnette update and announcement Holland long reliever at least for next run through rotation :

Rangers' Tony Barnette out with oblique injury
Let me use some hindsight ahead of time here and say it is a mistake to even temporarily take Derek out of the rotation and leave Griffin. Derek is the better pitcher and I never like yo-yoing someone you need between the rotation and the pen as it can be dangerous health-wise. Bad decision in my hindsight.