• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Colby, Rangers travel down to play Angels 9/9-9/11

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back Colby. That's all I got to say.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back Colby. That's all I got to say.
Excuse me Dr. Frankensteen. Could you remove the abby normal brain from Banister and give him a normal one?

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse me Dr. Frankensteen. Could you remove the abby normal brain from Banister and give him a normal one?

"What knockers!"

"Why thank you, Doctor"

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope we get some pitching to hold Trout and Co.down. After the Seattle fiasco I'm not feeling comfortable at the moment. Not to be faulted but Profar is terrible at the plate and Chirinos in the line up is not much to rely on. Pitching has been less than desirable so not sure what to expect. Thru ranting. Nezt!

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope we get some pitching to hold Trout and Co.down. After the Seattle fiasco I'm not feeling comfortable at the moment. Not to be faulted but Profar is terrible at the plate and Chirinos in the line up is not much to rely on. Pitching has been less than desirable so not sure what to expect. Thru ranting. Nezt!

it is a lot to expect from the offense when they are having to overcome consistent poor pitching by the pitching staff. in the last 5 games we have allowed 42 runs that's 8.4 runs on average per game

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is a lot to expect from the offense when they are having to overcome consistent poor pitching by the pitching staff. in the last 5 games we have allowed 42 runs that's 8.4 runs on average per game
I know it's bad but you might want to consider era. Elvis and Odor were horrible in one game in Seattle and then last night Claudio was fine and Banister took him out and brought in Diek which caused a panic. There are many circumstances that make pitching look worse than it sometimes is. Now walke is another story. That has to improve.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a hard team to figure out. How can they have such a good record for the season and still continue to go through long stretches where one or more parts of the team look so bad? Can we realistically expect to not have one of those stretches in the posrseason?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banister needs to pull his head out of his ass regarding Jake.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a hard team to figure out. How can they have such a good record for the season and still continue to go through long stretches where one or more parts of the team look so bad? Can we realistically expect to not have one of those stretches in the posrseason?

Things always look a lot worse with us because we follow them so closely and know what the team is capable of.

Perhaps we should consider we are atop the division and best record in the AL because we can overcome weaknesses with our strengths on most days where other teams cannot.

The Rangers really needed to sweep the M's and win the series against the Stros in our last homestand. We did. We really need to nail the coffin shut when we head back to Minutemaid park and I think we will.

Teams go into various funks. We had a horrible stretch in July through the middle of August and came out of it. The Rangers as do most other contenders deal with short slumps in September. Veterans get tired and injuries occur. We had significant injuries early and now those folks are coming back. We may just we 'warming up' for another big push and winning streak. We want to peak at the right time too.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Profar is tired. First full season in two years.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's bad but you might want to consider era. Elvis and Odor were horrible in one game in Seattle and then last night Claudio was fine and Banister took him out and brought in Diek which caused a panic. There are many circumstances that make pitching look worse than it sometimes is. Now walke is another story. That has to improve.

i recognize those issues but 42 runs in 5 games is damn near impossible to overcome

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i recognize those issues but 42 runs in 5 games is damn near impossible to overcome
Yes it is but my point was and is that pitching takes a few generic hits when the pitchers get blamed for errors allowing runs and then the offense can't produce as evident last night. If a pitcher is horrible as was Griffin, thats one thing. Failure to execute both on offense and defense is often seen as bad pitching and that is just wrong. We saw this in the last series.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things always look a lot worse with us because we follow them so closely and know what the team is capable of.

Perhaps we should consider we are atop the division and best record in the AL because we can overcome weaknesses with our strengths on most days where other teams cannot.

The Rangers really needed to sweep the M's and win the series against the Stros in our last homestand. We did. We really need to nail the coffin shut when we head back to Minutemaid park and I think we will.

Teams go into various funks. We had a horrible stretch in July through the middle of August and came out of it. The Rangers as do most other contenders deal with short slumps in September. Veterans get tired and injuries occur. We had significant injuries early and now those folks are coming back. We may just we 'warming up' for another big push and winning streak. We want to peak at the right time too.
You may be right. I am mainly comparing us to other Rangers teams of the past though.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banister needs to pull his head out of his ass regarding Jake.
That was beyond unbelievable. Why would you take a guy out who FINALLY brought some calmness to a game. And why would you take him out with 2 outs in the inning. No one could do anything against Claudio. And to bring in Kela who is ticking me off about as much as anybody who like Diekman has no idea where his pitches are going. Thank goodness he only needed 1 out. He had 5 strikes and 6 balls. And Diekman needs to be brought in when the game is out of hand. I have never believed in sacrificing the whole team for the good of one. And that is pretty much what Banister did last night. If I am the position players like Beltre for example I would go in and close the door behind me and state my piece. That had to be dejecting. It is like Banister was flippant about the game.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You may be right. I am mainly comparing us to other Rangers teams of the past though.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am the position players like Beltre for example I would go in and close the door behind me and state my piece. That had to be dejecting. It is like Banister was flippant about the game.

Sorry, but what exactly is he going to say?

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that IMO is a good comparison if we are measuring potential success in the post season. In 2010 we killed it on offense and were shut down with good Giants pitching. 2011....well let's not get into that....Nellie....Gulf sign....Feliz.....now twitching.....

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3