• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colangelo Has Been Caught Using Burner Accounts

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This pillow talking simp has to resign.

Don't drag this out.

You ran your mouth to your wife and her gossiping ass told the twiterverse.

agreed...

the longer this drags on, the worse he's gonna look...

and this ofseason is gonna be too important for Philly...

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big happy birthday to Bryan Colangelo. Wonder if his wife got him anything good.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big happy birthday to Bryan Colangelo. Wonder if his wife got him anything good.

BTW, I call bullshit on "It was the wife". She may done the Tweets but no way do I believe Colangelo didn't know. 3 of the burner accounts were shut down within 20 minutes of the 76ers being told the story was going to break.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I call bullshit on "It was the wife". She may done the Tweets but no way do I believe Colangelo didn't know. 3 of the burner accounts were shut down within 20 minutes of the 76ers being told the story was going to break.

He’s done.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
handing-out-pink-slip.jpg

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are so good.

Sometimes I do love Twitter.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hinkie fans are hilarious:

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...had-no-knowledge-twitter-accounts-source-says

Sixers believe Bryan Colangelo had no knowledge of Twitter accounts, source says

While the Sixers' investigation into president of basketball operations Bryan Colangelo's Twitter fiasco is ongoing, the general belief within the organization is that it believes Colangelo's assertion he had no knowledge of the Twitter accounts, did not send the messages or had known the messages were being sent, according to a source.

The Sixers are trying to decide if they can go forward with Colangelo after sensitive team information went public.

The team's ownership group met for several hours Tuesday night to discuss the findings of the probe and whether they were grounds for termination, according to a report by ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

The Sixers began to mull Colangelo's dismissal last Friday when the investigation started to become increasingly focused on his wife, Barbara Bottini, per a report by ESPN.

The team announced last Wednesday it was launching an internal investigation regarding the report by The Ringer a day prior, which stated Colangelo was linked to five Twitter accounts that over time released confidential team information, criticized players and more.

Colangelo has denied having any knowledge of the tweets, claiming he was "fully unaware" of the burner accounts. He even said last week to Jordan Schultz of Yahoo! Sports: "Someone's out to get me."

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly is spinning this that Colangelo had no knowledge of the burner accounts

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...had-no-knowledge-twitter-accounts-source-says

Sixers believe Bryan Colangelo had no knowledge of Twitter accounts, source says

While the Sixers' investigation into president of basketball operations Bryan Colangelo's Twitter fiasco is ongoing, the general belief within the organization is that it believes Colangelo's assertion he had no knowledge of the Twitter accounts, did not send the messages or had known the messages were being sent, according to a source.

The Sixers are trying to decide if they can go forward with Colangelo after sensitive team information went public.

The team's ownership group met for several hours Tuesday night to discuss the findings of the probe and whether they were grounds for termination, according to a report by ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

The Sixers began to mull Colangelo's dismissal last Friday when the investigation started to become increasingly focused on his wife, Barbara Bottini, per a report by ESPN.

The team announced last Wednesday it was launching an internal investigation regarding the report by The Ringer a day prior, which stated Colangelo was linked to five Twitter accounts that over time released confidential team information, criticized players and more.

Colangelo has denied having any knowledge of the tweets, claiming he was "fully unaware" of the burner accounts. He even said last week to Jordan Schultz of Yahoo! Sports: "Someone's out to get me."

This is either the greatest attempting frame job of all time or he's lying his ass off. I think its the latter

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem will be proving that he did something illegal to justify firing him.

Voicing your concerns to your wife is perhaps bad judgment, but they cannot prove that the tweets are his thoughts. I'm sure the wife is falling on the sword, so to speak, and exonerating BC of everything, even is she was privy to team/private info.

If they fire him for the wrong reasons, they are liable to face a lawsuit for wrongful termination. It could get messy/ugly quickly.

It would be an embarrassment to the front office if they kept him as GM and went along as if nothing had happened. Regardless of whether or not BC actually knew about the tweets, if a family member is tweeting negative contextual matter and/or sharing inside info, that's a gap in trust between agents/players that are thinking about playing for the Sixers.

And if they don't fire him, surely they must demote him out of the GM spot to repair this.

But, given our glorious history of splendid publicity, I fear the worst and that sucks.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is either the greatest attempting frame job of all time or he's lying his ass off. I think its the latter

That to me is the kicker.

BC has plausible deniability. He never tweeted any of this.

It all comes down to what the wife is saying.
If she confesses that those are her accounts, that's irreparable damage.
If she denies everything, then they have to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the tweets are directly linked to her. If they can't, then BC stands his ground.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif