• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cody Thomas going to baseball FT

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whew. What the heck? So we go into next season with zero backups that have ever taken a snap in a D-1 game? Crap!!!!!!!!!

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the last time we had HIGH hopes for a team, an inexperienced back-up and a tough schedule? Sam Bradford and Landry Jones...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the last time we had HIGH hopes for a team, an inexperienced back-up and a tough schedule? Sam Bradford and Landry Jones...

And opening the season against a tough opponent in a neutral field in Texas.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our starting QB has suffered concussions in two out of his last three games and we don't have a backup that's ever taken a snap in college. We start the season with Houston and Ohio State. And our D is missing some key pieces. That's the bad news. The good news is a lot of people will still pick us to be in the Playoff next season. My head says "hell no". My heart says "hell yes". :noidea:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our starting QB has suffered concussions in two out of his last three games and we don't have a backup that's ever taken a snap in college. We start the season with Houston and Ohio State. And our D is missing some key pieces. That's the bad news. The good news is a lot of people will still pick us to be in the Playoff next season. My head says "hell no". My heart says "hell yes". :noidea:

I could see us being better IF mayfield stays healthy. I believe we'll be better on both sides of the line. We still have Perine and Mixon plus we get to add Anderson to the fold. I think we'll be better in our defensive secondary. Biggest question marks are wide receiver and linebacker. We've recruited well at both positions recently, but at some point they have to actually step up.

So far at receiver the only proven commodities are Westbrook, Baxter, and to a lesser extent Andrews. I believe Andrews will have a big season next year and Westbrook will play in the slot for the most part. Quick has been incredibly disappointing so far for as highly touted as he was coming out of high school. One or two of Miller, Humphreys, Todd, Mead, Quick, and Penn State transfer Lewis are going to have to step up. I'm hoping Lewis can step like Justin Brown did for us before. I have faith in Riley, so we'll see.

Linebacker is another issue. Obviously we get Evans back, which is helpful. We'll also have Lindley who looks like he could be ready to step in after getting valuable game experience last year, and Arthur McGinnis and Rick DeBerry were very highly regarded recruits. I have a good feeling about those two. Looks like we're recruiting a couple JUCO guys as well. If they sign Caleb Kelly as they expect to, he might get involved too. Problem is, we really lack for experience here. They better figure it out quick.

And we're razor thin at QB. That's bad. Real bad. Hopefully Thomas comes back for the fall.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about Curtis Bolton at LB.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, crazy to see Austin Kendall potentially get to the front of the line so quick. That being said, oddly enough I would take him over TK9 or Thomas. I think Heupel's lack of development with TK9 made them sorta damaged.