• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching pisses me off

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think our coaching staff does very well recruiting every year so it doesn't really concern me at this point. What concerns me is the on the field coaching for this staff and development of defensive players specifically the secondary. I blame coaching (Kelly) for the Pitt loss (we ran the ball like 4 times the second half) and I blame coaching for the squeaking out wins against bad opponents. BYU is a prime example of why you stick with the run during the whole fucking game which opens up the passing game. I'm okay with winning by 7, 10 points if you just physically beat the shit out of the other team while making no dumb mistakes. Kelly said that Stanford is the model of a team that he wants to mirror by being physically dominate. I say Bull Shit on that. Kelly much rather pass the ball 45 times a game instead of running the ball 45 times a game. Our game plan against BYU was the best we had all year in my honest opinion. I hope Kelly reflects long and hard on what this team needs to do to be successful and not on what he wants to do to be successful.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the truth has been all season.

matthstl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on the run but lets remember one thing teams have done when we go to the run and that is putting 8 men in the box and we have shown are success running with that is not that great nor can many teams. This opens up the pass and this is where we have been off and on with Tommy. BYU brought 8 men in the box and or run game did suffer somewhat Folston impact was not as great with this occured and Cam came in did better.

We keep looking at the Pitt game we had success throwing the ball but stupid mistakes in red zone killed us not just Tommy but TJ. There is no way you can defend running the ball 4 times in second half but Pitt one one one coverage was one of the reasons. Tommy could not take advatage of this on consistent bases.

I still bring up the fact without Tuit this game would have ended the way it did to me it was that simple. Being up by 2 scores drives you to run the ball. I do not think Pitt scores more than one TD with Tuit in was complete game changer. This also change the way we run our O. Pitt did nothing with him in!

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you Matt that losing Tuitt and Tommy being Tommy helped with the downfall at Pitt. Some of those plays where it was an obvious Tommy passing plays were head scratchers. I just ask why Kelly is running a empty back set on first down? It just boggles my mind.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you Matt that losing Tuitt and Tommy being Tommy helped with the downfall at Pitt. Some of those plays where it was an obvious Tommy passing plays were head scratchers. I just ask why Kelly is running a empty back set on first down? It just boggles my mind.

They can't call the game like that this weekend or it isn't going to be pretty.