• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching moves

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bostad > Searles

Bailey tweeting that Frank Verducci is a finalist as well. All have good resumes, at a glance I am hoping for Bostad, then Searles, then Verducci. I think they fit the best in that order.

Bostad coached @ Wisky under Bielema, power running game expert, recruiting ties to the Midwest.

Searles, coached at Texas, UGa, LSU. Can recruit in SEC territory.

Verducci has coached at ND, Florida, and the NFL.

Can't go wrong with any if them IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We reportedly have our new OL coach, and that is an upgrade. Something that may shed some light ahead of an announcement is that a flight came to blacksburg from Melbourne, Florida this afternoon.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
idk. guru on 247 SeemS to be dropping hintS, Similar to thoSe found in thiS poSt.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that white tiger, Siegfreid. How many thrusts of Roy's penis does it take to reach the center of your rectum?

Sorry to interrupt the coaching talk again but this quote needed to be highlighted for its hilarity. :laugh3:

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooo, any official word (or anything from a good source) on where we stand tonight?

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
nothing official. Most are anticipating it to be Stacy Searels though.

yep<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Hokies&amp;src=hash">#Hokies</a> multiple sources have informed me that, in all likelihood, Stacy Searels will be the new OL coach at Virginia Tech.</p>&mdash; Kyle Bailey (@TheClubhouseKB) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheClubhouseKB/statuses/425320270925426689">January 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw it posted on 2014, but if it is Searels, I don't see how he would bring in any new recruits. Has been unemployed since Mack Brown firing. Think he can help keep current OL guys happy and on board though.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw it posted on 2014, but if it is Searels, I don't see how he would bring in any new recruits. Has been unemployed since Mack Brown firing. Think he can help keep current OL guys happy and on board though.

Probably, but I wouldn't count it out. I doubt he is going to drag anyone he recruited away from Texas or a 4-5* away from another program. But there may some guy(s) he really likes, that he has recruited over the last couple years that didn't get a ton of BCS offers or an offer from Texas. Maybe he could talk someone into coming East.

First things first. Is Searels pretty well a done deal or are they still in talks?? Guy has got to be announced as OLC before we could even think about getting another OL for this class.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a done deal at this point. Bitter has confirmation that Searels is almost definitely the man.

Hokies expected to hire Stacy Searels as o-line coach - Roanoke Times: Andy Bitter Virginia Tech Football

..And sorry, I had to say something regarding the WP article..

It’s the second recruit in the past week that has flipped an oral commitment on the Hokies. Richmond area defensive back Cequan Jefferson, a 2013 prospect who did not academically qualify last year and spent this past fall at Fork Union Military Academy, announced last week he now plans to play his college football at Temple.

Wow....thats :lame:

The Post can suck it...such an amateur outfit.

Last edited by a moderator:

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sounds like a done deal at this point. Bitter has confirmation that Searels is almost definitely the man.

Hokies expected to hire Stacy Searels as o-line coach - Roanoke Times: Andy Bitter Virginia Tech Football

..And sorry, I had to say something regarding the WP article..

Wow....thats :lame:

The Post can suck it...such an amateur outfit.

You're right. Giannotto's coverage is never particularly positive. He always finds a way to throw on a wet blanket. I guess that's the problem with using a writer who isn't a fan.

Contrast that with the Terps coverage.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/47LTYNGZDJU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

VT_Antzo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the hire...he might very well be an upgrade.

But seriously he sounds like Ricky Bobby and that's a ok with me.

hokiecat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the hire. Good to see the Hokies get an equivalent quality guy as a replacement.

Actually in hindsight, I love everything about what happened. A week ago, I was thinking "uh oh. Grimes is gone. We're screwed" But this is not the same old boring VT coaching staff. I don't like Grimes leaving but I like our staff having guys so good that the SEC wants them. So the glass is half full takeaway is we had a top coach. And then in the span of a week, the Hokies go out and find another top guy who has been at Texas and UGA. We didn't promote from within (aka JJ in hoops and the rumors that maybe Stiney would return to the OL). Instead we nabbed a top guy in a week or so and well before signing day. VT football got things done!!! I like it and the contrast to the boring vanilla aged staff of say 2010 or so.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Searles was officially announced as the OL coach