• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaches identify top 10 skill players on offense

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://scout.com/college/west-virginia/Article/Coaches-identify-best-players-on-offense-

After six days of camp and two chances to talk to the head coach, the assistants and the players, here's an educated guess about the top 10. And remember, it's not the 10 best players in order. It's an arrangement based on a mix of a player's ability and value as well as WVU's most likely formations and personnel packages.

1. Justin Crawford

2. Elijah Wellman

3. David Sills

4. Gary Jennings

5. Ka'Raun White

6. Kennedy McKoy

7. Marcus Simms

8. Martell Pettaway

9. Trevon Wesco

10. Tevin Bush

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seen on twitter where someone said some of the coaches throwing out Tavon comparisons with Simms.....

Needless to say, that would help our offense if he is even close to that level :pop2:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simms Seems Different

Another success story for our S&C coach? I hope so...

Added almost 20lbs and maintained his top end speed. Gotta learn to fight for space this year to be a difference maker.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that link is VIP only... I apologize...

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that link is VIP only... I apologize...
It is but I agree, our S&C crew is one of the best in CFB. The more I think about it the more the Durante situation makes sense. Maybe JD see's the writing on the wall and is looking for greener pastures:noidea:.
I hope not but if Simms is what some of the reports out of camp say he is then it would make some sense as to why JD is such a question mark right now.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think we should cut and run with this guy...maybe miss the season, but for the program this guy pledged his loyalty to does not reciprocate when it is needed most shows no class...IMO. These are still kids and this guy has a problem....embrace him don't kick him to the curb.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think we should cut and run with this guy...maybe miss the season, but for the program this guy pledged his loyalty to does not reciprocate when it is needed most shows no class...IMO. These are still kids and this guy has a problem....embrace him don't kick him to the curb.

Meh, I disagree but doesn't matter now, the decision has been made:

WVU WR Simms suspended after DUI arrest

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So the kid makes a mistake...I agree...he didn't rob a bank..

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got a DUI in May and hid it from the coaches until he got another one the other day..
That just doesn't scream mistake to me:noidea:.

First time DUI , owning it, then staying out of trouble after?

Then yes, I agree too.

Id like to see the NCAA or schools or a combo of both enforce the punishments on things like this and take it out of the coaches hands personally, as long as they were consistent ...

Which is asking ALOT of the NCAA I know

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to trust the coaches on this. They know the facts that we can only speculate about. Alcohol issues can be addressed better if a kid stays in school and is monitored by the school, coaches and athletic directors. Hard to tell if a one game suspension is enough or not enough until all the facts are known. Morgantown cops are quick to make arrests for DUI, many times on weak evidence. Driving on suspended with a broken taillight is just plain stupid.

If my research is correct, Simms goes to trial in Maryland on August 23 on several traffic charges including driving while impaired by drugs and driving suspended. If found guilty, I would expect more suspensions. However, in Maryland driving while impaired by drugs usually requires that an officer trained as a drug Recognition Officer must evaluate the subject at the time of arrest and be available to testify. He probably ends up being found not guilty of the impaired charge, paying some traffic fines and walking. In West Virginia, he may get a conviction, but as a first time offender will not see jail time.

Compare this to Joe Mixon of Oklahoma. Oklahoma and Stoops received a good bit of heat for allowing him to stay. End result, he turned into a good student and player and ended up in the NFL. Stoops then unexpectedly retired early. I wonder is there is any relation there?

Ultimately, it is the coach who has to balance the pros and cons and pay the ultimate price. If Simms stays and keeps his nose clean, Holgs has done a great job helping out a troubled kid. On the other hand if he goes DUI and kills someone, Holgs and no balls could pay a heavy price.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to trust the coaches on this. They know the facts that we can only speculate about. Alcohol issues can be addressed better if a kid stays in school and is monitored by the school, coaches and athletic directors. Hard to tell if a one game suspension is enough or not enough until all the facts are known. Morgantown cops are quick to make arrests for DUI, many times on weak evidence. Driving on suspended with a broken taillight is just plain stupid.

If my research is correct, Simms goes to trial in Maryland on August 23 on several traffic charges including driving while impaired by drugs and driving suspended. If found guilty, I would expect more suspensions. However, in Maryland driving while impaired by drugs usually requires that an officer trained as a drug Recognition Officer must evaluate the subject at the time of arrest and be available to testify. He probably ends up being found not guilty of the impaired charge, paying some traffic fines and walking. In West Virginia, he may get a conviction, but as a first time offender will not see jail time.

Compare this to Joe Mixon of Oklahoma. Oklahoma and Stoops received a good bit of heat for allowing him to stay. End result, he turned into a good student and player and ended up in the NFL. Stoops then unexpectedly retired early. I wonder is there is any relation there?

Ultimately, it is the coach who has to balance the pros and cons and pay the ultimate price. If Simms stays and keeps his nose clean, Holgs has done a great job helping out a troubled kid. On the other hand if he goes DUI and kills someone, Holgs and no balls could pay a heavy price.

Here is the thing...to my Knowledge this is the first time Dana gave some tolerance..everyone else had been ejected from the program...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the thing...to my Knowledge this is the first time Dana gave some tolerance..everyone else had been ejected from the program...

I am sure that Dana has had many other issues to deal with that may or may have not resulted in criminal charges. you have to treat these as a case by case basis. For a one game suspension, the facts must not be that bad. There are some Hokie fans who work for the Morgantown police Department.

My take is that if found guilty in both MD and WV, he will be gone. If innocent of both, no further consequences.

Not the first time Holgs has allowed a guy charged with DUI to stay on the team.

www.bluegoldsports.com/report-wvu-cb-arrested-for-dui/

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know many details regarding this arrest or the other in MD. From what I've read, his Morgantown incident involved weed.

Driving under the influence is driving under the influence.

I simply don't understand why anyone would think it's OK to drive around smoking weed in their car. While I know I used to drink and drive all the time as a kid, I would not think of doing so today with the way police are handling these situations now.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know many details regarding this arrest or the other in MD. From what I've read, his Morgantown incident involved weed.

Driving under the influence is driving under the influence.

I simply don't understand why anyone would think it's OK to drive around smoking weed in their car. While I know I used to drink and drive all the time as a kid, I would not think of doing so today with the way police are handling these situations now.

Because its the same reasoning it has been for a 100 years..."its never going to be me"