• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaches Boxscore

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it took only 3 years to figure out how to to get him the ball in the redzone, something any other team would have figured out in a week. the fact is, bevell has no idea how to scheme for players or how to scheme against a defense. he runs a rigid offense and doesnt have what it takes to play chess. he is busy playing tiddly winks.

Yeah, because he wasn't thrown to in the red zone 17 times last year and only came away with 6 catches. The play calling in the red zone didn't change - it was the connection that changed.

ya, sure, they threw it at him 6 times a game. they threw TE screens, they threw 1 yard dumpoffs. how many times did they hit him down the seem? if you put down your stat book and go back and watch the actual games, you will see just how bad it really was.

Wow, you've gone full Plaid on us, haven't you. Your main complaint is that they aren't putting up the stats that they should and yet you're complaining that someone used those exact stats to refute your claims you whine about watching the game instead of talking stats. I watched every game - watched about half of them more than once - so I have a pretty good idea how Graham's season went.

He was horribly inconsistent and the only time he could be relied on was inside the 10. How many of his drops were downfield? Most of them - I can't remember one TE screen that he dropped. How many drops were intercepted (2 that I can remember). How many times was he covered down the seem and Wilson just didn't throw him the ball (innumerable) or just had negative results (at least 1 pick). You complain he isn't being used right outside the red zone - but his performance outside the red zone shows that he probably was less reliable than Luke Willson - so the knock should really be that they kept forcing him the ball.

lockett is another talented player that is criminally under utilized. when your O cant run the ball to save its life and your QB is leading the team by over 200 yards maybe its time to throw it more. but rigid bevell cant figure that out, just sticks to the same old same old and never adjusts his offense.

Yeah, throw the ball more, cause the Seahawks ran a lot of Russell Wilson designed runs. Cause they didn't call over 65% of their plays as passes - a complete 180 from what they were 2 years ago. That fact alone makes your statements complete garbage, cause if he were as rigid as you claim - then the Hawks would still be running 55% of the time no matter their success rate.

I get it - you're results driven, it's just the results you want don't have to do with wins and losses - its all about accolades. 4000 yards passing, 1000 yards rushing, 1000 yards receiving. Until Seattle has the #1 offense, 4 1000 yard receivers and a 2000 yard rusher in 1 season - you'll always think Bevell is horrible and no amount of team success will change that - cause we've already seen that it hasn't.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears that GB announced their new GM... Schneider will be remaining in Seatown!

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that means Schneider sucks?

Meh.

Sucks is a strong word I guess, but I do feel he is overrated. Seriously CHF, look at our last 5 drafts.

Malik McDowell
    Ethan Pocic
    Nazair Jones
    Shaquill Griffin
    Delano Hill
    Amara Darboh
    Tedric Thompson
    Mike Tyson
    Justin Senior
    David Moore
    Chris Carson

Germain Ifedi
    Jarran Reed
    C.J. Prosise
    Nick Vannett
    Rees Odhiambo
    Quinton Jefferson
    Alex Collins
    Joey Hunt
    Kenny Lawler
    Zac Brooks

Frank Clark
    Tyler Lockett
    Terry Poole
    Mark Glowinski
    Tye Smith
    Obum Gwacham
    Kristjan Sokoli
    Ryan Murphy

Paul Richardson
    Justin Britt
    Cassius Marsh
    Kevin Norwood
    Kevin Pierre-Louis
    Jimmy Staten
    Garrett Scott
    Eric Pinkins
    Kiero Small

Christine Michael
    Jordan Hill
    Chris Harper
    Jesse williams
    Tharold Simon
    Luke Wilson
    Spencer Ware
    Ryan Seymour
    Ty Powell
    Jared Smith
    Michael Bowtie

Thats pretty abysmal if you ask me. I just feel he gets a lot of undue credit and he's been living off of a reputation from days gone by.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because he wasn't thrown to in the red zone 17 times last year and only came away with 6 catches. The play calling in the red zone didn't change - it was the connection that changed.

inside the 10 he was targeted 3 times last year.
this year, 16 targets inside the 10. id say this was a change in play calling. but hey,im sure you will have some excuse for that too.

Wow, you've gone full Plaid on us, haven't you. Your main complaint is that they aren't putting up the stats that they should and yet you're complaining that someone used those exact stats to refute your claims you whine about watching the game instead of talking stats. I watched every game - watched about half of them more than once - so I have a pretty good idea how Graham's season went.

ok ok i should have specified, take off the rose colored glasses and watch the games again. watch as bevell calls SCREENS to a TE that has no business doing screens.

He was horribly inconsistent and the only time he could be relied on was inside the 10. How many of his drops were downfield? Most of them - I can't remember one TE screen that he dropped. How many drops were intercepted (2 that I can remember). How many times was he covered down the seem and Wilson just didn't throw him the ball (innumerable) or just had negative results (at least 1 pick). You complain he isn't being used right outside the red zone - but his performance outside the red zone shows that he probably was less reliable than Luke Willson - so the knock should really be that they kept forcing him the ball.

sure he didnt drop the screens, but he also didnt gain any yards on them. you like stats, hows 57 catches and 520 yards for 10 million a year sound? give him to a real OC and he puts up far better numbers.

Yeah, throw the ball more, cause the Seahawks ran a lot of Russell Wilson designed runs. Cause they didn't call over 65% of their plays as passes - a complete 180 from what they were 2 years ago. That fact alone makes your statements complete garbage, cause if he were as rigid as you claim - then the Hawks would still be running 55% of the time no matter their success rate.

2015 we were at 53% pass, this year 59%. not a huge difference. but the ratio isnt the problem, its the actual plays they call and the lack of situational playcalling that has plagued the team for bevells whole tenure. having a TD drive here or there doesnt make up for it.

I get it - you're results driven, it's just the results you want don't have to do with wins and losses - its all about accolades. 4000 yards passing, 1000 yards rushing, 1000 yards receiving. Until Seattle has the #1 offense, 4 1000 yard receivers and a 2000 yard rusher in 1 season - you'll always think Bevell is horrible and no amount of team success will change that - cause we've already seen that it hasn't.

13-3
12-4
10-6
10-5-1
9-7

ya i dont care about winning games.

ive been hammering this drum for years and years here, this team is getting worse and bevell is a huge part of that problem. the homers here dont care about winning games, they just care about fawning over bad coaches and pretending everything is hunky dory.

get ready for a shock next year, its going to be UGLY.

Thats pretty abysmal if you ask me. I just feel he gets a lot of undue credit and he's been living off of a reputation from days gone by.

you have to remember that schneider is stuck drafting the hot garbage that tom cable loves and the good players he does draft on offense are stuck with a shit OC that doesnt know how to use them.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks is a strong word I guess, but I do feel he is overrated. Seriously CHF, look at our last 5 drafts.

Malik McDowell
    Ethan Pocic
    Nazair Jones
    Shaquill Griffin
    Delano Hill
    Amara Darboh
    Tedric Thompson
    Mike Tyson
    Justin Senior
    David Moore
    Chris Carson

Germain Ifedi
    Jarran Reed
    C.J. Prosise
    Nick Vannett
    Rees Odhiambo
    Quinton Jefferson
    Alex Collins
    Joey Hunt
    Kenny Lawler
    Zac Brooks

Frank Clark
    Tyler Lockett
    Terry Poole
    Mark Glowinski
    Tye Smith
    Obum Gwacham
    Kristjan Sokoli
    Ryan Murphy

Paul Richardson
    Justin Britt
    Cassius Marsh
    Kevin Norwood
    Kevin Pierre-Louis
    Jimmy Staten
    Garrett Scott
    Eric Pinkins
    Kiero Small

Christine Michael
    Jordan Hill
    Chris Harper
    Jesse williams
    Tharold Simon
    Luke Wilson
    Spencer Ware
    Ryan Seymour
    Ty Powell
    Jared Smith
    Michael Bowtie

IDK pittpnther it is all relative. Think most teams drafts won’t look better, especially those drafting late.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
inside the 10 he was targeted 3 times last year.
this year, 16 targets inside the 10. id say this was a change in play calling. but hey,im sure you will have some excuse for that too.

Yeah, Wilson didn't throw him the ball - cause he didn't trust him like he did his other targets. You seem to think that every play happens exactly as it was drawn up and that every throw Russell makes is exactly where Bevell called for him to throw it. Graham had 3 targets - and converted 1. Doesn't mean the play calling changed - just the outcomes.

ok ok i should have specified, take off the rose colored glasses and watch the games again. watch as bevell calls SCREENS to a TE that has no business doing screens.

My glasses are just fine - you on the other hand can't see the forest for the trees. You blame execution on play calling and production on coaching ability. Sometimes, plays just don't work - and with the line we've had that happens a lot (fire Cable, don't care).

sure he didnt drop the screens, but he also didnt gain any yards on them. you like stats, hows 57 catches and 520 yards for 10 million a year sound? give him to a real OC and he puts up far better numbers.

I think you mistake the fact that the Jimmy Graham of 2017 is not the same player as the Jimmy Graham of 2014. Graham wasn't thrown as many TE screens as you seem to think he was - but hey - since you can't see anything but your own conclusion, it's easy to see how you would find an argument to

2015 we were at 53% pass, this year 59%. not a huge difference. but the ratio isnt the problem, its the actual plays they call and the lack of situational playcalling that has plagued the team for bevells whole tenure. having a TD drive here or there doesnt make up for it.

I understand you aren't good at math - so I will give you a pass for refusing to add scramble plays as called pass plays. Even so - if 53% and 59% aren't that different, then Graham being targeted 17% instead of 20% isn't that different and Seattle is targeting him close to what NO was. (BTW, 2015 was 51.6% pass, not 53% and the 8% difference is 70 pass attempts, so it is pretty significant).

Actually, you'd have more credence in this argument if you were calling for his head and wanting the offense to change in 2015 - when the team was 4th in the NFL in yards and scoring. So, it's pretty clear you won't like Bevell, no matter if he takes all your advice and makes the offense the spitting image of what you want - cause success isn't the deciding factor for you.

Also, 55% was used because Bevell had called an offense where 55% off the plays were passes (2012) and if he were absolutely rigid in his methodology - then his play calling would still be somewhere around there (or even worse, 2012 would have been the same as 2010). It was not a direct reference to 2015.

13-3
12-4
10-6
10-5-1
9-7

ya i dont care about winning games.

ive been hammering this drum for years and years here, this team is getting worse and bevell is a huge part of that problem. the homers here dont care about winning games, they just care about fawning over bad coaches and pretending everything is hunky dory.

get ready for a shock next year, its going to be UGLY.

Why would I be shocked? Is there some reason that I can't imagine that the Seahawks could lose a game? Cause I can remember several games they've lost, even when they were in the Super Bowl!!! I guess I can't be any more shocked next year if they start losing than you have every year that they end up winning.....

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't mean the play calling changed - just the outcomes.

it did change. remember we traded kearse, who had for some reason the most targets in the redzone and a God awful catch rate. the difference is kearse was gone and they couldnt call those stupid ass plays any more.

My glasses are just fine - you on the other hand can't see the forest for the trees. You blame execution on play calling and production on coaching ability. Sometimes, plays just don't work - and with the line we've had that happens a lot (fire Cable, don't care).

stop calling plays your guys cant execute then! oh no cant do that. instead lets blame the players, not the obtuse coaching that doesnt see that the players arent being coached well enough to execute.

I think you mistake the fact that the Jimmy Graham of 2017 is not the same player as the Jimmy Graham of 2014. Graham wasn't thrown as many TE screens as you seem to think he was - but hey - since you can't see anything but your own conclusion, it's easy to see how you would find an argument to

he had 7 catches BEHIND the line of scrimmage. that should be 0. that just straight up bad playcalling and horrible use of an elite player.

Actually, you'd have more credence in this argument if you were calling for his head and wanting the offense to change in 2015 - when the team was 4th in the NFL in yards and scoring. So, it's pretty clear you won't like Bevell, no matter if he takes all your advice and makes the offense the spitting image of what you want - cause success isn't the deciding factor for you.

ive been calling for his head since 2012, predicting that our O and the team would regress year over year. and i have been right. look for this team to be even worse next year. 8-8 at best, possible 6-10.

Why would I be shocked? Is there some reason that I can't imagine that the Seahawks could lose a game? Cause I can remember several games they've lost, even when they were in the Super Bowl!!! I guess I can't be any more shocked next year if they start losing than you have every year that they end up winning.....

lets hear your prediction then. let me guess, 12-4 like every year???

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets hear your prediction then. let me guess, 12-4 like every year???

Why would I predict any win/loss total at this point. There is no schedule, there is no completed roster - or even any idea what free agency or the draft has to offer. You think you're being smart, but you're really just talking out of your ass and acting as if you're the only person in the world who truly understands football. I get you think you're some kind of football prophet - but you really just throw out every negative you can and then rejoice when 1 in 20 come true (eventually).

As for 12-4, I believe 2013 & 2014 are the only times I have ever thought Seattle would win more than 10 going into a season - and in both I thought 11-5 would be a solid season.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers fired their OC and QB coach...

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c'mon blstoker, let Snug argue against the strawman of you he's created. He's put a lot of effort into 'em.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c'mon blstoker, let Snug argue against the strawman of you he's created. He's put a lot of effort into 'em.

Don't worry, when the new guy comes in (whoever it is), if the Hawks don't score immediately - he'll call for his head too and we'll get to listen to how bad the OC is for another 6 years.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does a bear shit in the woods?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry, when the new guy comes in (whoever it is), if the Hawks don't score immediately - he'll call for his head too and we'll get to listen to how bad the OC is for another 6 years.
He'll go thru blaming this coach or that coach, then the head coach, then start all over with the new staff. He'll never run out of someone that needs firing IHO.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were bengals fans, youd be totally fine with keeping marvin lewis. I mean, who out there would do a better job???

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were bengals fans, youd be totally fine with keeping marvin lewis. I mean, who out there would do a better job???
If you were a Browns fan you would be as happy as a pig rolling in the mud. They fire staff every year, you would be in heaven.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I musta missed Marvin Lewis' Super Bowl appearances.....

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forget the superbowl we won because of the offense.... oh wait, we lost thay one d'oh!