• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaches Boxscore

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that as well. There's a question to be asked there, however. Are teams winning because they are running, or are they running because they are winning? Almost all teams run more to protect leads. If you're behind late, you're probably not running that much. The truth is probably in the middle. We certainly need to improve that part of our team, no question about that.

I have to believe a solid running game is what helps win games. Clock control to wear down the D and opens up the passing game to take pressure off the QB. This is the formula that won many games for the Hawks.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be good with a 1st this year, 1st in '19 and a 2nd this year... Let's r*pe em if they want him that bad... Carroll is the one calling the shots on draft picks, no?

Those three high draft picks could do it. Would hate to see JS go but that's a haul that would be too difficult to turn down. I do believe Pete has final say on the picks.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in 2002, the Buccaneers decided to make one of the biggest trades in NFL history by striking a deal for Jon Gruden. Tampa Bay sent first-round picks in 2002 and 2003, as well as second-round picks in 2002 and 2004, to the Raiders – along with $8 million in cash – for Gruden, landing their next head coach.

the league has amended this rule to allow picks to be exchanged for “head coaches and high-level club employees,” but the magnitude of the Buccaneers’ trade for Gruden clearly sent shockwaves through the NFL.

2 firsts and 2 seconds would be a tempting bargain....

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richard is the only coach (with exception of Carroll) I'd keep. He did well with a defense that suffered SO many injuries and the complete lack of offensive production let alone a run game.

Cable/Bevell need to take a hike. We've given Cable PLENTY of offensive lineman to develop based on his wants of certain players and none are panning out. It took him what, 3 years before he finally figured out what to do with Britt. Ifedi looks God awful which means he's not getting coached properly on technique (he had ALL the physical tools), and he probably didn't want to keep Jahri Evans who played very well for the Saints in 16' and was average according to PFF in 17', but still produced nicely for Green Bay.

If Cable/Bevell stay this year, I'm not counting on us doing ANYTHING of substance. I feel if that happens you might as well just gut everyone but Wilson/Wagner because every other vet can't stand them (and show it) and our offensive lineman will continue just going, 'derp derp' with the BRILLIANT guidance from Tom Useless Cable.

I"m crossing my fingers that Richards get's hired by the Colts, I know you like him, but I don't.. I think he's actually held our D back a bit since Quinn left... I would actually prefer Richards leave over Bevell, and I"m not crazy about Bevell either... I just think we need to spice it up, make some changes... I say go out and get a proven veteran defensive coach...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"m crossing my fingers that Richards get's hired by the Colts, I know you like him, but I don't.. I think he's actually held our D back a bit since Quinn left... I would actually prefer Richards leave over Bevell, and I"m not crazy about Bevell either... I just think we need to spice it up, make some changes... I say go out and get a proven veteran defensive coach...

Is Jack Del Rio a D-Coordinator?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Jack Del Rio a D-Coordinator?

Yes he was, and he has tons of experience as a linebacker coach and linebacker in the NFL also ... I would take him in a heart-beat... From an experience stand point he's been around the game for a LONG time...

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mabye Schneider just got lucky with Sherman, Kam, Earl, KJ, Wagner, etc... He hasn't done it again since...

Scot Mccloughan! Schneider hasnt done a thing since Scot left. That should tell you something. Also Pete was in the college game and had evaluated those guys too. This is why I could care less if Schneider goes to Green Bay or not. The guy is criminally overrated.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this attitude is so representative of this board.

blame the D, ignore the absolute ineptitude on O. Richard hasnt been great, but at least he has room for improvement. bevell is a regressive OC.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, holy hell. Scott Mcloughlin was the braintrust?

Ask 9er fans about him.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be good with a 1st this year, 1st in '19 and a 2nd this year... Let's r*pe em if they want him that bad... Carroll is the one calling the shots on draft picks, no?

Mabye Schneider just got lucky with Sherman, Kam, Earl, KJ, Wagner, etc... He hasn't done it again since... Althought I really, really like the '17 draft class... I think they'll end up being something special...

I agree with that. Schneider is a good GM, but he's not infallible. As you stated, the Seahawks haven't really hit on anyone in the last few drafts. I wonder how many of the early drafts were Schneider and how many were Carroll. Those 2010-2012 drafts had people coming out of college who were still playing when Pete was at USC, so he had seen some of them personally. He doesn't have that anymore and the drafts haven't been as good. I don't know how much of it is actually true or if it is all just coincidence, but it was a thought that occurred to me.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have hit on a few guys, like clark and lockett.

i think part of the problem is not having any high draft picks and going quantity over quality. also, having an offense that doesnt get much productivity out of anyone makes it hard to see what youve really got.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this attitude is so representative of this board.

blame the D, ignore the absolute ineptitude on O. Richard hasnt been great, but at least he has room for improvement. bevell is a regressive OC.

It's the play calling on D, I"m not ignoring the O, believe me ... Richards does it his way, but it's costs us strategically in situations.. I just don't think he's that good at playing chess vs offenses...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at this way, if we had traded sherman last offseason it would have looked like a pretty smart move.

So, i wont be disappointed if earl thomas is traded, or if he isnt. I think he still has several good years left but at high cap cost.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that. Schneider is a good GM, but he's not infallible. As you stated, the Seahawks haven't really hit on anyone in the last few drafts. I wonder how many of the early drafts were Schneider and how many were Carroll. Those 2010-2012 drafts had people coming out of college who were still playing when Pete was at USC, so he had seen some of them personally. He doesn't have that anymore and the drafts haven't been as good. I don't know how much of it is actually true or if it is all just coincidence, but it was a thought that occurred to me.

Hmmmm....well, first off 2012 is a pretty tough standard. We've hit on some players since then though. I think usually if you get 2 bona fide NFL starters and a couple decent backups out of a class, that's pretty good. As much as it's lauded, the '12 class didnt give us much more than that.

2013: pretty bad draft across the whole league, but that one was definitely poor as Luke W is really the only positive.

2014: P-Rich, Britt, KPL. The first 2 were late bloomers but still developed into decent starters. KPL a decent backup and STer. Cassius Marsh gets honorable mention -- looked like he was about to be a key contributor off the bench until we traded him; he was good on ST almost from jump.

2015: Clark, Lockett, Glowinski. 2 bona fide starters and Glowinski was looking decent for a while before he crapped out.

2016: Ifedi, Reed, Prosise, Vannett, Collins, Odhiambo. It's possible Reed is the only decent starter here, though Collins fit that description once he left. Jury still out on Vannett, and Prosise we all know. This class could still end up being very solid.

2017: too early to tell, but Shaq Griffin and Naz Jones are on track. McDowell is a wildcard. Pocic is a work in progress but got some valuable experience this season.

Maybe the havent absolutely crushed it these last 3 or 4 drafts, but they're still generally finding 2 starters per draft.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing in there that isn't pretty obvious, and I think we've already covered most of it here over the past few days. It's not exactly a newsflash that the older, pricier players could be on the chopping block. That's always the case. We've grown attached to some of them and now they're about to be on the way out, so the Hawks team we've come to know and love is going to change. Maybe that's the real story and not that the team is about to be "blown up."

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, holy hell. Scott Mcloughlin was the braintrust?

Ask 9er fans about him.

He has made every roster for every team he has been with better except for maybe his short stint in Washington. His problem is the bottle has a hold on him.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the play calling on D, I"m not ignoring the O, believe me ... Richards does it his way, but it's costs us strategically in situations.. I just don't think he's that good at playing chess vs offenses...

It seems like the Seahawks 3rd and long defense has not been very good under Richard. I don't know if the actual numbers bear that out, but it feels like that is the case.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm....well, first off 2012 is a pretty tough standard. We've hit on some players since then though. I think usually if you get 2 bona fide NFL starters and a couple decent backups out of a class, that's pretty good. As much as it's lauded, the '12 class didnt give us much more than that.

2013: pretty bad draft across the whole league, but that one was definitely poor as Luke W is really the only positive.

2014: P-Rich, Britt, KPL. The first 2 were late bloomers but still developed into decent starters. KPL a decent backup and STer. Cassius Marsh gets honorable mention -- looked like he was about to be a key contributor off the bench until we traded him; he was good on ST almost from jump.

2015: Clark, Lockett, Glowinski. 2 bona fide starters and Glowinski was looking decent for a while before he crapped out.

2016: Ifedi, Reed, Prosise, Vannett, Collins, Odhiambo. It's possible Reed is the only decent starter here, though Collins fit that description once he left. Jury still out on Vannett, and Prosise we all know. This class could still end up being very solid.

2017: too early to tell, but Shaq Griffin and Naz Jones are on track. McDowell is a wildcard. Pocic is a work in progress but got some valuable experience this season.

Maybe the havent absolutely crushed it these last 3 or 4 drafts, but they're still generally finding 2 starters per draft.

I didn't mean to make it sound like they haven't hit on anybody. You're right they have gotten some decent players. And yes it's not typical to find elite talent late in the draft like they did with guys such as Chancellor and Sherman. That said, they haven't hit on anyone that I would consider elite since 2012 and to me that's cause for concern, seeing as they did hit on so many picks from 2010-2012. But as for a reason why that is, who knows.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like the Seahawks 3rd and long defense has not been very good under Richard. I don't know if the actual numbers bear that out, but it feels like that is the case.

'13: Ranked 10th
'14: Ranked 8th
'15: Ranked 4th
'16: Ranked 12th
'17: Ranked 17th

It has gone the other direction since he's taken over the defense... Not really going to hold this season over his head w/ all the injuries we've endured but we weren't that good when everyone was healthy...