• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coach k meltdown?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a meltdown. This team needs something to change or else they won't make the Big Dance. They have no disicpline, team chemistry, etc. Something had to give.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it didn't take long for a Dukie to defend this drug induced idiocy. The kids didn't get in trouble with the law, they didn't cheat on tests or assault a coach. They lost a few games and for that he is banning them from the locker room or wearing Duke gear? How embarrassing.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it didn't take long for a Dukie to defend this drug induced idiocy. The kids didn't get in trouble with the law, they didn't cheat on tests or assault a coach. They lost a few games and for that he is banning them from the locker room or wearing Duke gear? How embarrassing.

How is that embarrassing? The team is playing like trash and the way they have been playing they don't deserve to wear the Duke uniform or any uniform for that matter. Duke sucks right now... Something has to change and it starts with the coach and he is doing this to hopefully light some sort of fire under these guys... You wouldn't say any other coach was having a meltdown by doing what Coach K did...

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is that embarrassing? The team is playing like trash and the way they have been playing they don't deserve to wear the Duke uniform or any uniform for that matter. Duke sucks right now... Something has to change and it starts with the coach and he is doing this to hopefully light some sort of fire under these guys... You wouldn't say any other coach was having a meltdown by doing what Coach K did...

Banning Division 1 players from the locker room forcing them to show up in uniform and then walk home without a shower like they were at an inner city high school? That's embarrassing.

I just see Coach K as being wildly inconsistent. His moral high ground appears to vary. The players did nothing wrong off the court, they didn't get arrested or assault anybody. No their crime was they lost a few games and for that he embarrasses them with this bizarre punishment. However when it's his turn to pay the price by sitting his star player for repeatedly tripping opponents apparently the bar isn't so high

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banning Division 1 players from the locker room forcing them to show up in uniform and then walk home without a shower like they were at an inner city high school? That's embarrassing.

I just see Coach K as being wildly inconsistent. His moral high ground appears to vary. The players did nothing wrong off the court, they didn't get arrested or assault anybody. No their crime was they lost a few games and for that he embarrasses them with this bizarre punishment. However when it's his turn to pay the price by sitting his star player for repeatedly tripping opponents apparently the bar isn't so high

I do agree with you in regards to that one game suspension for Allen, which was completely idiotic of him and he really should have been suspended at least 4 games for it imo, if not more. Putting it like you said (first line above) you have a point but I am just glad he is trying to do something

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a fan of the team I can see why you want something done to shake up the team. I just find it interesting that losing a few games results in a harsher punishment than tripping opponents twice. The one game suspension was a joke, we both agree. But the bigger problem was K allowing it to get to #3 by failing to administer appropriate punishment after the first two. Why? Because suspending his star would hurt the coach. That is why he is a hypocritical douchebag who preaches the moral high ground until it would actually hurt him.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When asked about the situation on 99.9 The Fan radio on Thursday, acting coach Jeff Capel said: "Really can't speak on it. Disappointing when stuff that's supposed to stay in the locker room gets out."

This is what I found interesting. I can't imagine Coach K chewing the teams ass and then see an article quoting sources.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure the first time the players showed at the arena in uniform, then proceed to the court from the parking lot and not the locker room, then left the court and did not go to the locker room for a shower it would have "gotten out".

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When asked about the situation on 99.9 The Fan radio on Thursday, acting coach Jeff Capel said: "Really can't speak on it. Disappointing when stuff that's supposed to stay in the locker room gets out."

This is what I found interesting. I can't imagine Coach K chewing the teams ass and then see an article quoting sources.

The team met at Coach K's house. In HIS house! Then the media knew right away? Even the Suillamon story was tighter lipped than this one. Capel's dissappointment is valid as is Coach K's watching the NCSU game. The main function is the hope that this will motivate the team to produce in a positive manner. We shall see.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team met at Coach K's house. In HIS house! Then the media knew right away? Even the Suillamon story was tighter lipped than this one. Capel's dissappointment is valid as is Coach K's watching the NCSU game. The main function is the hope that this will motivate the team to produce in a positive manner. We shall see.

My guess is someone failed the first test and if Coach Cable finds out who, additional motivations may be employed.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is someone failed the first test and if Coach Cable finds out who, additional motivations may be employed.

Unless of course it is one of the top players. Then the punishment will be a stern talking to.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless of course it is one of the top players. Then the punishment will be a stern talking to.

I don't know about that. When he kicked Rasheed Suillamon off the team he was a starter averaging 15 points a game. He ended up at Maryland and Duke won a title.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that. When he kicked Rasheed Suillamon off the team he was Devils starter averaging 15 points a game. He ended up at Maryland and Duke won a title.

No actually K removed Suillamon from the starting lineup and the player didn't react well at all, forcing the coach's hand.. He was by then a role player and he never averaged 15 a game at any time at Duke. So no he did not release a star player, not even close.

"The Houston, Texas, native was averaging 7.5 points. 2.0 rebounds and 1.8 assists this season as a bench player for the Blue Devils"

Rasheed Sulaimon dismissed from Duke basketball program

But then again I was obviously referring to Grayson Allen. K is quick to tell other coaches and their players how they should behave,, then he lets that piece of shit get away with two tripping penalties with little consequence. Then only 1 game for the third which was a joke. That is why he is such a hypocrit. Well that is just another example of why he is a hypocrit.

Last edited:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another example: He was critical of an Oregon player and a VA Tech player for being overly demonstrative as they celebrated wins over Duke. Later after both games he lied about what was said to those players.

Lip reader agrees with Oregon player's account: Coach K lectured Dillon Brooks

Coach K has criticized an opposing team's player before

That's why he is so two faced and his moral high ground is a such a joke. He has no right to lecture other players, he sure has no right to lie about it and he certainly has no room to talk about their behavior as he allowed Allen to get away with multiple trips without consequence.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another example: He was critical of an Oregon player and a VA Tech player for being overly demonstrative as they celebrated wins over Duke. Later after both games he lied about what was said to those players.

Lip reader agrees with Oregon player's account: Coach K lectured Dillon Brooks

Coach K has criticized an opposing team's player before

That's why he is so two faced and his moral high ground is a such a joke. He has no right to lecture other players, he sure has no right to lie about it and he certainly has no room to talk about their behavior as he allowed Allen to get away with multiple trips without consequence.
This was the most embarrassing thing I've seen in awhile. Brooks did absolutely nothing wrong. Teams almost always take a shot when there is a difference in the shot clock. K was butt hurt he got beat and took it out on brooks. He went to the media and got caught in a lie.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so happy Maryland got out of that conference. When it was announced K was unbelievably butt hurt, making incredibly angry comments about Maryland after treating them like red headed step children for decades. He had no problem when the ACC was stealing teams from other leagues, but when a team leaves his league suddenly it's the crime of the century.

Fuck that 2 faced hypocrite.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so happy Maryland got out of that conference. When it was announced K was unbelievably butt hurt, making incredibly angry comments about Maryland after treating them like red headed step children for decades. He had no problem when the ACC was stealing teams from other leagues, but when a team leaves his league suddenly it's the crime of the century.

Fuck that 2 faced hypocrite.

Yep. That two-faced hypocrite can stay at Duke and go for a sixth national title for all I care. Yeah, fuck yeah.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. That two-faced hypocrite can stay at Duke and go for a sixth national title for all I care. Yeah, fuck yeah.

I was about to post how as a Duke fan I totally get how you are in the tank for one of the greatest coaches in American sports history. But that does not change the fact that everything I posted is true. His high horse of morality is a joke. Not UNC Basketball type of a joke but a joke none the less.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was about to post how as a Duke fan I totally get how you are in the tank for one of the greatest coaches in American sports history. But that does not change the fact that everything I posted is true. His high horse of morality is a joke. Not UNC Basketball type of a joke but a joke none the less.

Yes. He is one the greatest coaches ever in sports history. I agree with you on that point. If he wants to fuck Maryland any chance he gets, I am also for that as well.