• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CM Punk to return on RAW.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rollins isn't that small. He is bigger than Punk.

I tell ya what, when I had ringside seats in Portland a few months ago, I got a good gauge on some of these guys size.

Ray back is impressive on tv, but just flat out scary when he is right in front of you. That dude is a freaking monster. Steroid induced no doubt, but none the less, he is huge.

I am 6'6" Harper and Rowan are every bit of that if not more. Massive dudes.

Ziggler looks big too, but he is only 215

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Brooks showed up on Talking dead last night. Guess WWE owns the CM Punk name until his contract is up.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Brooks showed up on Talking dead last night. Guess WWE owns the CM Punk name until his contract is up.

Chris Hardwick still called him CM Punk a few times, plus they advertised his twitter handle as CM Punk.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Hardwick still called him CM Punk a few times, plus they advertised his twitter handle as CM Punk.

Yep...WWE pays their wrestlers as independent contractors and not employees, so any original content by the wrestler is generally their own (unless WWE purchases those rights). If WWE on the other hand creates a wrestler's material (name, ring gear, etc), then WWE has the rights to them.

I remember Bret Hart saying a while back that he was able to use his ring gear in WCW because he designed them himself, but couldn't use his WWE ring music in WCW because that was WWE's creation and property.

So with CM Punk, he was CM Punk before he came to WWE and my guess is that he still owns the rights to the name.