• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clinton Portis almost became a murderer...

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Washington Redskins running back Clinton Portis contemplated killing one of his former financial managers after losing millions of dollars in various investments, helping to wipe out part of his NFL fortune.

In a story published by Sports Illustrated, Portis recounted a night four years ago in which he sat in a car outside a building, holding a gun and awaiting one of the managers he felt had ruined him financially. Portis had made $43.1 million in his nine-year NFL career, but most of it had either been spent or lost through investments or, as one lawsuit asserted, bank withdrawals without his consent.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so what

when I used to have to drive rush hour I almost became a murderer every frickin day

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasn't Clinton Portis the guy who would have a different alter ego every week?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero sympathy. You made shitty decisions... and likely he flushed a ton of money down the drain making stupid investments like his 'multiple houses' and 'bling'. He already admitted to owning 'multiple houses.' Uh... unless you're an idiot (if the glove fits) houses don't just up and walk away.

Got involved in a PONZI scheme? Give me a fucking break, and if he did, so be it... survival of the fittest, fuck off.

In summary, Portis is an idiot, probably blew a ton of money on stupid shit that end of day was worthless or a poor investment, and is learning the hard way. Not everyone is meant to be a winner, even if you have a gifted pair of legs. Grow a pair and STFU with your nonsense.

giphy.gif

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero sympathy. You made shitty decisions... and likely he flushed a ton of money down the drain making stupid investments like his 'multiple houses' and 'bling'. He already admitted to owning 'multiple houses.' Uh... unless you're an idiot (if the glove fits) houses don't just up and walk away.

Got involved in a PONZI scheme? Give me a fucking break, and if he did, so be it... survival of the fittest, fuck off.

In summary, Portis is an idiot, probably blew a ton of money on stupid shit that end of day was worthless or a poor investment, and is learning the hard way. Not everyone is meant to be a winner, even if you have a gifted pair of legs. Grow a pair and STFU with your nonsense.

giphy.gif

Agreed. There is no reason to be broke after making the kind of money he did. Investments all have risks. He has nobody to blame but himself.