• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cleveland Browns Ongoing Thread

buckeyebill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point lets give anyone a try.

I KNOW we cant get anywhere with Weeden. What scares the piss outta me is I heard rumors that both Thigpen & Freeman are on there way here to try out... Goes to show the orgs got no faith in Weeden at all. Hoyer was our man - but he got mowed down by a rookie LB. Cant think of much worse luck after such a promising start

Capt. Weedy will never have the right feel for the game. as you watched Hoyer he made quick decisions an reacted quickly, and that's what the players, coaches, & fans see. That is something that cannot be taught, its a given talent. So let the search begin?? . Lets hope for the best:suds: We Brown Fans have seen about everything:gaah:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah is sucks Hoyer is out. And if there are rors about Gordon getting traded, I hope they don't trade him. He is a young stud that could help get back in the winning mode. You can take Little but not Gordon.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah is sucks Hoyer is out. And if there are rors about Gordon getting traded, I hope they don't trade him. He is a young stud that could help get back in the winning mode. You can take Little but not Gordon.

Gordons not going anywhere. Its all rumors

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GO BEARS, Browns go after a draft pick and let us have a shot at the playoffs!

jake_rat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, not only are we're starting over AGAIN, at any time it can be blown up if/when Haslam goes to prison. The FBI and IRS aren't in the business of raiding a business on a whim. They wanted to secure the evidence.

I wasn't a big Chud fan but holy hell, they gave him one year, Brandon Weeden, Ray Horton, no running game, deferred draft picks...

From Chud's perspective, they did him a favor by firing him. 2014 isn't going to be any better with Lombardi and Banner. Then, as stated before, the team will be blown up again when Haslam goes to prison.

MrNLM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is just as perplexing as the Dolphins right now. All I can do is scratch my head and say "REALLY?!"

I hope the Browns can retain their most important FAs because I really think this team could have some swagger to them... if only they didn't blow up the RB corps. With Norv gone... I am less inclined to believe in their offense.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if, instead of taking a QB with the 4th pick, they take Watkins.

Hoyer looked good in his 3 starts, he can run the offense efficiently, also they have options in free agency or later in the draft to take a QB. But with Watkins and Gordon at WR that is a dangerous and lethal combo.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel is probably the guy, if he is there at 4 they will most likely take him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Browns fans????....geez

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think theres like 4-5 on the entire site. This place is crickets so I normally just post in the NFL main forum.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, me too. I will only speak if they make the playoffs. It is too early to get excited. But 6-3, it is a good time for longtime Browns' fans so far

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think they can get a win vs Houston this weekend?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, me too. I will only speak if they make the playoffs. It is too early to get excited. But 6-3, it is a good time for longtime Browns' fans so far

You think they can get a win vs Houston this weekend?

I'm ecstatic about 6-3.

I think they should beat Houston and get to 7-3. They're starting Ryan Mallet for his first NFL start. The Cleveland crowd is going to be electric, the game is going to be cold as hell, and I think the defense will be smothering.

Its going to be the type of game this team is built for: hard nosed, grind it out.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ecstatic about 6-3.

I think they should beat Houston and get to 7-3. They're starting Ryan Mallet for his first NFL start. The Cleveland crowd is going to be electric, the game is going to be cold as hell, and I think the defense will be smothering.

Its going to be the type of game this team is built for: hard nosed, grind it out.

Arian is out too.

GO BROWNS!

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Browns open the season against the Steelers, look for Denzel Ward to cover Antonio Brown.

That’s the word from Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com who writes that the Browns drafted Ward to be a shutdown corner and are likely to start him Week One and let him learn on the job.

Covering Brown is a tall order for any rookie, but if the Browns didn’t think that Ward was capable of that kind of task, they wouldn’t have used the fourth overall pick in the draft on him. The Browns thought Ward was the best defensive player in this year’s draft, and they want him to show it right away.

Although it was overlooked on an otherwise terrible team, the Browns actually had a pretty good run defense last year. If Ward can shore up the pass defense, it’s easy to see him being one of the key building blocks for a turnaround in Cleveland.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though the Browns took Baker Mayfield first overall, he’s not working with the first team.

According to Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Mayfield was the third quarterback in drills during Browns OTAs Wednesday, behind both Tyrod Taylor and Drew Stanton.

That’s not surprising, in and of itself.

As much as they obviously like Mayfield, it’s generally better for any rookie to not be hit with the burden of expectations that comes with being ordained as the day one starter.

And it’s not as if Taylor’s not a perfectly capable NFL quarterback. He just led the Bills to a season in which they snapped a 17-year playoff drought (despite his coaches nearly torpedoing the effort by benching him and watching his replacement throw five picks).