• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clemson and the SEC

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your take on this?
I really hope this isn't a possibility. For one thing, there's nothing wrong with the ACC (well, there wasn't before expansion anyway), and I see no reason to leave a conference that you're a solid part of.
But more than that, while I have nothing against the SportsHoopla Clemson fans in particular, I really wouldn't want to be in the same conference as Clemson. The in-state part of the rivalry keeps it plenty strong and hateful enough to stay interesting and fierce.
It's enough hate as it is. I'd really hate having to listen to Clemson fans talk smack every week of the season when you guys are having a good year, and I feel like the reverse is probably also true when USC is doing well. Would you really want to have to deal with USC fans on an escalated level EVERY week? To me, a season of milder smack talk and a week or two of heavy stuff at the end is plenty. It would wear me out to go through it as intensely as it would be if we were in the same conference and had to constantly exchange barbs and homer-based analysis of our respective greatness. I'd be pissed off more in general, bringing down the enjoyment of life, especially on message boards where shit-talk has no boundaries.
Agree?

JTEGGER

T-Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....It can only help the rivalry. In state and in the same conference. See BAMA/AU

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your take on this?
I really hope this isn't a possibility. For one thing, there's nothing wrong with the ACC (well, there wasn't before expansion anyway), and I see no reason to leave a conference that you're a solid part of.
But more than that, while I have nothing against the SportsHoopla Clemson fans in particular, I really wouldn't want to be in the same conference as Clemson. The in-state part of the rivalry keeps it plenty strong and hateful enough to stay interesting and fierce.
It's enough hate as it is. I'd really hate having to listen to Clemson fans talk smack every week of the season when you guys are having a good year, and I feel like the reverse is probably also true when USC is doing well. Would you really want to have to deal with USC fans on an escalated level EVERY week? To me, a season of milder smack talk and a week or two of heavy stuff at the end is plenty. It would wear me out to go through it as intensely as it would be if we were in the same conference and had to constantly exchange barbs and homer-based analysis of our respective greatness. I'd be pissed off more in general, bringing down the enjoyment of life, especially on message boards where shit-talk has no boundaries.
Agree?

I'm with you on the homerism and shit talking. It would be on epic levels. Although as a Clemson fan that hears all about how tough the cocks schedule is year in and year out, it wouldn't hurt my feelings to mix it up in the east. But as you have stated, my quality of life would suffer because of it. So my vote would be to let it be. A little shit talking through the season and then the majority there at the end of November is plenty for me. I don't know if outsiders can truly appreciate this rivalry. I think they underestimate the hatred shared by both sides.

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always liked that the fanbases are passionate about the rivalry without letting things get out of hand. Being able to maintain perspective could very well be due to not having to interact with one another for much of the year. Constantly being in each others faces would probably diminish the fun of the rivalry and increase fan stupidity.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, I think I could stand some extra ribbing (definitely could dish some more out as well). I mean, sure we all deal with dumb ass opposing fans all year long, but I think the rivalry would profit tremendously if both teams were in the same conference. Think about it: the game wouldn't just be about bragging rights, it would actually have an implication on the season. Considering the recent rise with both programs, it could even have national title implications down the road, and that would only further increase the visibility of both programs and schools.

I think some Carolina fans wince at the thought of Clemson coming to the SEC because deep down inside some of their repression they are scared that Clemson may succeed where they have failed. I don't say that to stir the shit pot, but it would be doubly insulting for your bitter rival to jump into a league that you have touted as being superior only to watch them surpass you.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....It can only help the rivalry. In state and in the same conference. See BAMA/AU

This.

it would be great if we added Clemson, GT and FSU. Let's raise the instate hatred to sec levels across the south! LSU is basically part of Texas so they are covered.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This.

it would be great if we added Clemson, GT and FSU. Let's raise the instate hatred to sec levels across the south! LSU is basically part of Texas so they are covered.

Clemson and FSU would be great to add. GT... eh not so much. I don't like the way they acted when they left back in the day. I say add Missouri with that group and even the divisions. That way you don't have to move any teams.