• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clements Leaving for Clemson

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he must be doing something right.

One year too late for Raese

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi everyone. Learning how to use a laptop! I am feeling a bit stronger, so thought I would attempt to put in my two cents. Having met Jim Clements in 2009, I found him to be a wonderful representative of WVU in all aspects, education and sports. It is sad to see him leave so soon with us climbing the mountain of academic and athletic recognition long sought by former graduates and the citizens of the great State of West Virginia. I wish Mr. Clements and his family all the best in their move to Clemson, our prayers will be for your continue success, in your chosen profession and your family growth.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi everyone. Learning how to use a laptop! I am feeling a bit stronger, so thought I would attempt to put in my two cents. Having met Jim Clements in 2009, I found him to be a wonderful representative of WVU in all aspects, education and sports. It is sad to see him leave so soon with us climbing the mountain of academic and athletic recognition long sought by former graduates and the citizens of the great State of West Virginia. I wish Mr. Clements and his family all the best in their move to Clemson, our prayers will be for your continue success, in your chosen profession and your family growth.

Welcome back Jim. Glad your doing better! Well said, I think that sums it up for about all of the WVU family.

aussierugbyfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Luck had been given the Texas AD position, John Raese would have been one happy dude!

:agree:SO true

Yea, tough one to lose for sure. His letter is a great read and makes it understandable as to why he is leaving - can't argue with his reasoning.

One thing though is that the BOG have gotten very good at picking candidates with lots of potential - that is when the governor's office doesn't interfere.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully we can replace him with someone who has a vision for the school that includes academics and athletics. There is so much that could be done to improve our universities standing that I hope this decision is not taken lightly or influenced by individuals with only self gain in mind.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoppy hit it on the head this morning, every change is an opportunity to get better. We lose a good one but we can find one that's stronger in areas that he was weaker moving forward.

Oh and one last thing JC........70 :nod:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that has always dragged down the image of WVU academics is the policy of admitting in state students with marginal HS grades, so quite a few flunk out. WVa has limited small schools, so the WVU policy gives those kids a chance. IF WVU is going to enhance the academic standards, the quick way to do it would be to stop admitting those marginal students, BUT, the lack of smaller schools should be addressed first, get some more deals like WVU-P going to let those kids get their first two years close to home, THEN come to Morgantown.