• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clay Court Season Thread

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Djokovic is impressive speaking in Italian. Congratulations, Novak.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching these trophy ceremonies is like watching an opera, with the singing performances.

FED did the double kiss with the trophy presenter. Don't see men do it as much, but it's in Italy.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very impressive; akin to Courier speaking French when he won Paris over 20 years ago!

Yeah I watched Courier and that shocked a lot of people because people did not know he could speak French. That was the first time I heard any American or even a foreign player speak another language. You could see foreigners like Ivan Lendl from Czeckoslovakia, and others from the former Yugoslavia speak English but not the other way around. I think that motivated others to try.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine that either Fed or Nole were giving it their all today. Glorified practice session.

If it had been a nole/rafa final, that would be a different story. Both would've put in max effort to get the big mo going into Paris.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine that either Fed or Nole were giving it their all today. Glorified practice session.

If it had been a nole/rafa final, that would be a different story. Both would've put in max effort to get the big mo going into Paris.

Why do you think FED wasn't giving it all? It's a title he's never won, after 3 losses in Finals.

Plus, there's still 1 week before the FO, so enough time to rest. And the gained confidence with a win.

Unless you think a no1e/rafa final would have had max effort, because they're title contenders. While FED isn't a title contender to the same degree. So even if No1e loses to FED, it doesn't matter as much for the FO, because FED still isn't a top contender there.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fiero425: Does your SN have anything to do with guitars?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think FED wasn't giving it all? It's a title he's never won, after 3 losses in Finals.
Because at 34, it's pretty easy to surmise that he cares about majors more than a MS 1000 title he's never won.

It is precisely because Fed isn't a top contender at majors that makes me think he didn't give max effort in a final the week before a major.

He's mailed it in most of this clay season if you look at it objectively, treating it as good practice for the only tournament he cares about.

It's fine if you disagree. Good for you.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you pulled this one out of your speculative anal aperture, cezero,my dear. Unbelievable rubbish.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyway, on to the big one now.

we'll see if rumors of rafa's demise have been exaggerated soon enough.

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fiero425: Does your SN have anything to do with guitars?

Not that I know of if you're talking about the picture! Just something I saw years ago and saved! Coincidently I did start playing guitar at 8, but graduated to saxophone since that's what my dad specialized in as a professional musician!

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plus, there's still 1 week before the FO, so enough time to rest. And the gained confidence with a win.

Unless you think a no1e/rafa final would have had max effort, because they're title contenders. While FED isn't a title contender to the same degree. So even if No1e loses to FED, it doesn't matter as much for the FO, because FED still isn't a top contender there.

I find myself agreeing with cezero. Had Fed really tried he should have won a set, especially the first. Nole would still have won but losing a set. I also think Wawrinka tanked the second set vs Fed. in fact I think he tanked a set and a half.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because at 34, it's pretty easy to surmise that he cares about majors more than a MS 1000 title he's never won.

It is precisely because Fed isn't a top contender at majors that makes me think he didn't give max effort in a final the week before a major.

He's mailed it in most of this clay season if you look at it objectively, treating it as good practice for the only tournament he cares about.

What did you think about the FED-Wawrinka match? To you, was that more about Wawrinka not playing as great as he did against Nadal, then FED playing great?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I know of if you're talking about the picture! Just something I saw years ago and saved! Coincidently I did start playing guitar at 8, but graduated to saxophone since that's what my dad specialized in as a professional musician!

Cool. :)

I meant your screen name though, not your avatar (picture).

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't watch most of his matches, so can't offer a more informed view. I saw the last 2 at the Italian Open, and the Monfils one in Monte Carlo. Didn't see the Madrid loss to Krygios.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch most of his matches, so can't offer a more informed view. I saw the last 2 at the Italian Open, and the Monfils one in Monte Carlo. Didn't see the Madrid loss to Krygios.
I fully admit that I could be wrong. Neither Fed nor Nole would ever say one way or another.

After watching how top players treat the calendar for more than 2 decades of tennis fandom, especially with regard to their current age and legacy, I made a supposition that I think was pretty reasonable. That's all I meant.