Discussion in 'Tennis' started by bksballer89, Apr 21, 2017.
I'll decide after the draw.
Murray has found his sucking gear it seems. This is like the old Murray.
Haas loses to Raonic.
I hope Haas can at least win a round at the FO.
He's only won one match at a major since the start of the 2014 season.
Dude is almost 40. Father time is kicking his ass now.
Wow Isner beat Stan in straights
According to wiki, he asked the ATP to change his name from Stanislas to Stan in 2014.
Stan Wawrinka - Wikipedia
Looking at his history, the best form he's ever head before a major:
Stan Wawrinka career statistics - Wikipedia
* Before 2013 FO, he made the QF at Monte Carlo (lost to Tsonga) and Finals at Madrid (lost to Nadal).
* Before the 2014 FO, he won Monte Carlo.
Other than that, he rarely does well at Masters 1000s.
Or he'll have a good run in a 500 level tournament in October (Japan, Vienna).
I wish he could do better at these other tourneys.
This is Isner's first top 10 win on clay.
Isner has had many memorable matches at the FO for me.
* 5 setter against Nadal in the 1st round in 2011.
* 18-16 5 setter against Mathieu in 2012. He said after the match he had to stop getting in unfavorable patters.
* 5 setter against Haas in 2013. The 4th set had a long tiebreak, in which Haas kept having match points on Isner's serve. Isner would win the 4th set tiebreak.
* 4 setter against Robredo in 2014 in which every set was a tiebreak or 7-5 set. Isner won that but lost to Berdych 6-4 6-4 6-4 in the 4th round.
* 1st rounder against Millman in 2016 in which every set was a tiebreak or 7-5. Then in the 3rd round, Isner won the 5 set match against Gabashvilli.
Wow, Isner beat Monfils at the 2010 AO. I would have thought that was a bad matchup for Isner.
Isner beat Cilic in 3 tight sets.
Thiem takes the first set from Rafa
The buttpicker down a break in the 2nd set.
And the buttpicker lost. Here's hoping it's the first of many losses to come.
I had a feeling Nadal was gonna lose. Thiem has had enough matches against him to figure out what to do against Nadal. Plus if the loss should come this is the best time to push him more for FO. If Nadal is not careful he can run into a red youngster at FO as well who can take him down, I still see him as the favorite to win a 10th FO.
Agree he still needs a decent draw. Even with Nole and Murray and Stan stinking it up lately, Rafa is not what he used to be.
Angelique Kerber on clay: 'I’m not feeling so well on this surface'
Looking forward to tomorrow's Isner vs. Alexander Zverev match.
I will try to at least browse through it.
Forgot to set my DVR.
Darn Isner lost 6-1 in the 3rd.
Would have been one of the best tourneys of his career to get to the Finals.
Novak is back or so it seems. Defeated JDP in straight sets. Up 6-1 and 3-0 on Thiem in the semis
Novak got lucky it seems. Not like Thiem to lose tamely like that.
Spoke too soon. Novak goes down quietly in straight sets
Separate names with a comma.