• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clay, Clay, Clay

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only do fantasy football, never took the time to figure out fantasy baseball. I'll just follow the Sox and pray for wins.

I suck at Fantasy Football too... That's annoying as well as well.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suck at Fantasy Football too... That's annoying as well as well.
To me FF is idiot proof, no clue how to set FB lineups, and I don't follow other teams enough to figure it out. If I played FB I'd be the 2016 Braves. Hats off to all who have the time to pour over baseball stats to run their team.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me FF is idiot proof, no clue how to set FB lineups, and I don't follow other teams enough to figure it out. If I played FB I'd be the 2016 Braves. Hats off to all who have the time to pour over baseball stats to run their team.

Yeah honestly I don't spend a lot of time with FB trying to get players and whatnot

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the posts I have made on SH this may be the worst. And I've made plenty of dumb ones. I would like to offer JBJ an apology, he is clearly showing to be the real deal. Price seems to have figure it out and the rotation has been OK behind him. The exception to that is Clay Fucking Asshole Pussy Money Stealing Rat Bastard Piece Of Shit Buchholz. Bench this clown already.
If you had only added greasy fucked up haircut as well, I would've given you a winner posting:thumb:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had only added greasy fucked up haircut as well, I would've given you a winner posting:thumb:

I'll try to do better. Wife saw him the other night and said he looked like a starving redneck.

Pro athletes are amazingly dillusional. Buch cries about going to the pen after suckng ass for years, then gets his ass handed to him out of the pen. He is such a little bitch. Next Joe Kelly says he was surprised at being sent down after being even worse than Bucholtz which is pretty damned hard to do.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll try to do better. Wife saw him the other night and said he looked like a starving redneck.

Pro athletes are amazingly dillusional. Buch cries about going to the pen after suckng ass for years, then gets his ass handed to him out of the pen. He is such a little bitch. Next Joe Kelly says he was surprised at being sent down after being even worse than Bucholtz which is pretty damned hard to do.
I didn't like this rotation prior to the start of the year. Like it less now. Thank goodness for Wright.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like this rotation prior to the start of the year. Like it less now. Thank goodness for Wright.

The only saving grace it is better than last year. But they needed a stud #1 and it appears as if David Price can only be great when it's above 80 degrees. I thought E Rod would be a key and a possible solid #2, I still fell that way.

It's a better rotation but not close to a championship one. Why they can not draft and develop great pitching remains a mystery.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only saving grace it is better than last year. But they needed a stud #1 and it appears as if David Price can only be great when it's above 80 degrees. I thought E Rod would be a key and a possible solid #2, I still fell that way.

It's a better rotation but not close to a championship one. Why they can not draft and develop great pitching remains a mystery.
Bring Theo back please. Between the terrible luck with pitching we get stuck with the overweight Panda.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but the problem goes back to the Theo days. What was the rift between Theo and management anyway?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roenis Elias has pitched a lot better as of late in Pawtucket (33:8 K:BB in 29 innings in last 4 starts, 20 hits allowed, 8 ER allowed (2.48 ERA)). Another good start and he'll probably get his shit at the #5 gig.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I only gave up three earned runs"

Maybe we can appease the baseball gods by pushing Buchholz off the Green Monster?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I only gave up three earned runs"

Maybe we can appease the baseball gods by pushing Buchholz off the Green Monster?

He'd survive... Sadly :L

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a lot more worried about the bullpen than the rotation. #5 spot in the rotation is still kinda iffy (but most #5 starters are), but I think #1-4 are actually pretty good.

Wright will probably see a little more regression. How much is hard to say, given the nature of knuckleballers. But unlike most, Wright's done a very good job suppressing home runs and he has one of the highest softest contact rates among MLB starters, to go along with respectable K/BB numbers. Whether that soft contact is a repeatable skill remains to be seen. He has a very solid FIP at 3.54, but his SIERA and xFIP are more than a full run higher than his ERA. He's also 11th in the AL in innings pitched and has thrown three complete games (could have been four).

Price has been a general disappointment this year, but there's still plenty of reason to be optimistic going forward for this year. His .338 BABIP allowed is well out of line with his career norms (.291), though some of that could probably be attributed to Fenway. His HR/FB rate (13.6%) is also much higher than his career average (9.3%), so hopefully those are due for some positive regression. Price's K/BB rates are still in line with recent years (9.46 K/9, 1.94 BB/9), and he's in the top 3 in the AL in FIP/xFIP/SIERA. At the very least, Price has been pitching deep into games, as he currently leads the AL in innings pitched.

The first year of Porcello's extension has gone about as well as we could hope for. He's currently sporting a 3.47 ERA with very solid peripherals. But more importantly, he's gone 5+ innings in every start he's made, and he's only allowed 5 runs in three starts. He's pretty much given the Sox a chance in every start.

It'll be interesting to see if Pomeranz can repeat his excellent 1st half. But even if he's just league average from here on out, he'd still represent a huge upgrade over what they've gotten from Buchholz/Kelly/etc. Pomeranz does need to prove he can handle a full season as a starter, but as long as he can stay healthy, I think he's certainly capable of being more than league average, especially given his pedigree as a prospect and his elite strikeout rate (10.22 K/9). Not to mention he's developed a third quality pitch.

Eduardo Rodriguez has shown some progress as of late. At least now there should (hopefully) be less pressure on him with the acquisition of Pomeranz.

Last edited: