• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chuck Noll Episode of A Football Life

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anybody catch the Chuck Noll episode of 'A Football Life' on the NFL Network last week?

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I really wanted to though. Did you? Was it good?
Yes, I DVR'd it and watched it last night. I really enjoyed it. Learned a lot about Noll that I didn't already know. There is a biography on Noll that was talked about and the author had a lot of comments during the show. I'm not sure if the bio has been released yet. I'll have to check when I get the chance.

They actually got Terry Bradshaw to sit for an interview. He briefly mentioned his beef with Noll but didn't dwell on it out of respect for the late Noll and Lynn Swan said he thought Chuck treated every player the same but Terry. Swan thought Noll held Terry's hand and protected him which he did for no other player in Swan's opinion. Based on this Swan didn't understand Terry's beef with Noll. While Terry admitted he didn't like Noll he did respect and trust Chuck. He even brought up a play Chuck put in during their last SB game that resulted in a TD to Stallworth. They also interviewed other players and Chuck's wife and son.

NFL Network is always rerunning their "A Football Life" episodes so if you see a rerun it's well worth catching or DVRing.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I DVR'd it and watched it last night. I really enjoyed it. Learned a lot about Noll that I didn't already know. There is a biography on Noll that was talked about and the author had a lot of comments during the show. I'm not sure if the bio has been released yet. I'll have to check when I get the chance.

They actually got Terry Bradshaw to sit for an interview. He briefly mentioned his beef with Noll but didn't dwell on it out of respect for the late Noll and Lynn Swan said he thought Chuck treated every player the same but Terry. Swan thought Noll held Terry's hand and protected him which he did for no other player in Swan's opinion. Based on this Swan didn't understand Terry's beef with Noll. While Terry admitted he didn't like Noll he did respect and trust Chuck. He even brought up a play Chuck put in during their last SB game that resulted in a TD to Stallworth. They also interviewed other players and Chuck's wife and son.

NFL Network is always rerunning their "A Football Life" episodes so if you see a rerun it's well worth catching or DVRing.

I didn't realize it was on but I'll keep an eye out for a rerun...I was aware of Bradshaw's beef with Noll though.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize it was on but I'll keep an eye out for a rerun...I was aware of Bradshaw's beef with Noll though.
I knew about it too but Terry admits Noll being hard on him made him tough and they wouldn't have won 4 SBs if Noll hadn't made him tough.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I really wanted to though. Did you? Was it good?

I hope to catch it when they re-run it. Sounds like a very good episode.

Ask and you shall receive my friends.......

"A Football Life" - Chuck Noll - Events in Canton - Events | Pro Football Hall of Fame Official Site

Friday, December 23
  • 4 Shows (11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm)

Saturday, December 24
  • 4 Shows (11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm)

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sat down for a second time to watch this.....

Any respect I had for Coach Noll has doubled. Great fuckin guy!!!

I will say, and @FaCe-LeE-uS and I have talked about this a couple of times, Bradshaw is nothing but a snowflake c unt bitch. If he was so pissed with Chuck, he should of been man enough to talk to him after his or even Noll's career came to an end. If Chuck had not of pushed him the way he did, he would of been no better than Cliff Stout. I mean what an ungrateful POS. Which also explains Bradshaw's recent pot shots at Tomlin...Bradshaw, do us all a favor and shut your fuckin pie-hole.

I also thought is it was fitting that Coach Noll's last win was over Bill Belichick.......
And that is where the comparison between these two ends. So what Belichick has more SB wins...in how many tries???? Chuck has 4 in 4 tries. No one in the NFL as of now can say they have that record. Hey props to Belichick for having the most wins...I guess if you go to the dance enough, you get a partner. And play under the girls skirts long enough, you'll get stinky finger.

Chuck went 4 - 0!!!!!!

:first: