• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Christmas Day Games

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made 2 out of 4 and came back in with a key block on Harden. I don’t see how he can’t improve on free throws but obviously he can’t.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made 2 out of 4 and came back in with a key block on Harden. I don’t see how he can’t improve on free throws but obviously he can’t.

If Drummond can then anyone can do it.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty great games overall. Really solid win for the Thunder. After watching the Lakers and Minnesota game, I am ever less impressed with Minnesota than I was before. They're so frustrating to watch because they have so much talent.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And KLove got fouled on a 3. You’re right there should be no reason to blame a game on the refs. They should make those two easy calls. Refs shouldn’t decide games :L

Kinda like last year how KD was clearly fouled by Jefferson on the last shot of the game but nothing was called? I agree it was a missed call but shit happens. Lucky for everyone involved this just a regular season game in December.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty great games overall. Really solid win for the Thunder. After watching the Lakers and Minnesota game, I am ever less impressed with Minnesota than I was before. They're so frustrating to watch because they have so much talent.

Yeah, they let the Lakers who were without Ingram, Ball and Lopez stay in the game waaaay too long. They turned it into a 15 point win when the Lakers ran out of gas at the end, so the game was much closer than the final score.

I kept expecting the Wolves to turn it into a blowout, but they just never got much separation until the very end. I agree with what Sir Charles, etc. were saying last night, they are most effective when they play fast, but Thibs keeps insisting that they walk the ball up and play half court offense.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And KLove got fouled on a 3. You’re right there should be no reason to blame a game on the refs. They should make those two easy calls. Refs shouldn’t decide games :L

The refs didn't decide that game...the Cavs shooting 25% from 2 point range decided that game.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they let the Lakers who were without Ingram, Ball and Lopez stay in the game waaaay too long. They turned it into a 15 point win when the Lakers ran out of gas at the end, so the game was much closer than the final score.

I kept expecting the Wolves to turn it into a blowout, but they just never got much separation until the very end. I agree with what the Sir Charles, etc. were saying last night, they are most effective when they play fast,

What do you think Kuzma's ceiling is. Everytime I watch him I kind of expect him to regress a bit, but he's been really impressive. I look at him and kind of see a better shooting version of Rudy Gay. If he turns into that I think he'll be a fringe All-star type player.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think Kuzma's ceiling is. Everytime I watch him I kind of expect him to regress a bit, but he's been really impressive. I look at him and kind of see a better shooting version of Rudy Gay. If he turns into that I think he'll be a fringe All-star type player.

It's hard to say with him honestly. Like you, I keep waiting to see some sort of regression, but it doesn't seem to be happening. So far, he's managed to put himself in the ROY conversation. I think it's still Simmons to lose, but if Simmons gets hurt or falters later in the season, Kuzma is definitely in position to slip in and steal it.

A better shooting Rudy Gay/fringe all star is likely his ceiling. We'll see though. I think we'll know more over the 2nd half of the season and into next season.

He spent 4 years in college, so he is and should be more developed than the younger rookies...so the question is, is this as good as he can be, or can he still improve? If he is already as good as he can be, it's pretty good, so I'll take it. lol

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder could be a tough out in the playoffs.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I kept expecting the Wolves to turn it into a blowout, but they just never got much separation until the very end. I agree with what Sir Charles, etc. were saying last night, they are most effective when they play fast, but Thibs keeps insisting that the walk the ball up and play half court offense.
He's just like Phil Jackson.

Instead of adapting the offense towards the strength of your roster, he's trying to force grit and grime where it isn't needed.

Ps. I really hope KCP saved most of his one year salary.

He might not get half that per year if he keeps playing like this.

He left 80 million on the table...Lmfao

I'm sure Rich Paul thought he would have a Harrison Barnes like coming out party as one of the focal points on a bad Team.

Uh, he isn't.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder could be a tough out in the playoffs.

This surprises nobody lol. They just need to stay in that 4/5 slot & take care of the Wolves then give HOU or GSW hell in round 2

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to say with him honestly. Like you, I keep waiting to see some sort of regression, but it doesn't seem to be happening. So far, he's managed to put himself in the ROY conversation. I think it's still Simmons to lose, but if Simmons gets hurt or falters later in the season, Kuzma is definitely in position to slip in and steal it.

A better shooting Rudy Gay/fringe all star is likely his ceiling. We'll see though. I think we'll know more over the 2nd half of the season and into next season.

He spent 4 years in college, so he is and should be more developed than the younger rookies...so the question is, is this as good as he can be, or can he still improve? If he is already as good as he can be, it's pretty good, so I'll take it. lol
Danny Granger, Gay, Shareef Abdur Rahim....

Harrison Barnes at worst.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OKC will make quick work of them in round 1. Thunder in 5 IMO

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This surprises nobody lol. They just need to stay in that 4/5 slot & take care of the Wolves then give HOU or GSW hell in round 2

I was talking about them vs gsw or houston or san antonio.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about them vs gsw or houston or san antonio.

Got it. I do think they'll without question push Houston to 6 or 7 as long as their big 3 continue to get better.

As for the Warriors, right now I think it would be a tough 5 game series but need to see those 2 teams play a few more times.

As for the Spurs, I don't know what to think about them. Leonard still isn't healthy so I have to wait a bit longer before deciding what would happen in a possible Spurs/Thunder series

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got it. I do think they'll without question push Houston to 6 or 7 as long as their big 3 continue to get better.

As for the Warriors, right now I think it would be a tough 5 game series but need to see those 2 teams play a few more times.

As for the Spurs, I don't know what to think about them. Leonard still isn't healthy so I have to wait a bit longer before deciding what would happen in a possible Spurs/Thunder series

As long as Pops is healthy SA will be fine.