• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

...... Chrissy Simms

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Simms' family bought the rights to the Remo Williams franchise, and that's the reason we never got to see...
Remo Williams: The Adventure Continues.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Simms is calling the OU-Iowa St. game in Norman this weekend. I can't wait to hear him comment on quarterback play.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU Sports: Chris Simms on calling OU-Iowa State and how often he's asked about Roy Williams "Superman" play

Former Texas quarterback Chris Simms will make his first visit to Norman on Saturday when he joins Adam Alexander in calling the Iowa State-Oklahoma game on Fox Sports One.
Simms is living in Boston, where he spent the past year as a coaching assistant and scout for the New England Patriots after retiring as a player. Simms spoke with the Tulsa World on Thursday about his first year as an analyst, Saturday’s football game and the play in the 2001 Oklahoma-Texas game that is "probably, unfortunately, one of the trademark plays of my college career.” Tulsa World: What has it been like in your debut year as a college football analyst? Chris Simms: It’s been a lot of fun. It is still, of course, very exciting for me to be involved in the sport. I get to do a lot of thing that I’ve really done in the last 10 years of my life as a quarterback and working for the Patriots. I break teams down and evaluate players and then I get the opportunity to go out and hopefully teach the audience a little something about both teams. It’s been a lot of fun. TW: What are your thoughts on Saturday’s Iowa State-Oklahoma game? CS: Of course Oklahoma, coming off the tough loss, I’m sure they are hungry and ready to go. Oklahoma is still a formidable force in the country and the Big 12. They are a solid team. The defense is good. When you just look at Oklahoma in general, the passing game is something that’s let them down throughout the year. And then Iowa State is one of the better 1-8 teams in college football. They’ve had a few tough losses in the manner of games that were close and heartbreaking in the end. TW: One of those close losses was against Texas. What do you think about the Longhorns’ resurgence this year? CS: It is good to see. The Iowa State game, honestly, that was a very even game where Texas got a few breaks at the end to push them over the edge and they got the Hail Mary at the end of the first half. Really, when I just look at Texas, the biggest thing is I just feel like they are a tougher team than earlier in the year. Their ability to run the ball and their ability to stop the run finally and not get totally gashed by it has helped a big resurgence in the program and has given them at least a fighting chance. They continue to improve, it seems, week in and week out. TW: Will this be your first visit to Norman, Oklahoma? CS: It actually is, I’m extremely excited about it. As you know, I’ve never played there. I’m really excited to see all of the fanfare and the stadium and the facilities. I know it is enemy territory, but nonetheless I’m pumped to go. I was kind of a fan of one point that Texas and OU would do the home-and-home maybe once a decade. That would be neat to see. I’m pumped to go. TW: Roy Williams play in the Cotton Bowl during the 2001 OU-Texas remains iconic for Oklahoma fans. Do people ever bring that play up to you? CS: Oh yeah, people bring it up all the time. It’s probably, unfortunately, one of the trademark plays of my college career. The thing that jumps out about that play always to me, and I think Coach (Bob) Stoops can tell you the same thing on the other side, is they brought the same blitz earlier in that fourth quarter. Roy Williams jumped at me and I made him miss and then ran about 15-20 yards. Then, here it came, we had the ball at our own 2- or 3-yard line and, we have to go down and score a touchdown, but we have a chance to win the game. We had kind of moved the ball in the second half, but we weren’t able to capitalize with points. So be it, from what I was told, the coaches told him not to jump again and he said the heck with that and he made an unbelievable play and it was a crushing loss for our national championship hopes. Link attached shows replay of Superman Play: http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/sports/ou/ou-sport s-chris-simms-on-calling-ou-iowa-state-and/article _da9a99d4-4d6c-11e3-b7b3-0019bb30f31a.html

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devastating for 2001 national champ hopes? Uh whut? We had a direct chance to go but for Chrissy's FOUR TURNOVERS in one half in the CCG against a team we had dismantled earlier in the year. Fuck!!!

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Simms wears Johnny Manziel underwear.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Simms' family bought the rights to the Remo Williams franchise, and that's the reason we never got to see...
Remo Williams: The Adventure Continues.

Whoa.

Worlds colliding...

Just in case yall didn't know, that dude started off in cheap paperbacks...I used to read them when I was in Jr. High.
Destroyer3ChinesePuzzle.jpg_thumb.jpg

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris, a nutless monkey could do your job.
51bfe377afa96f330d000001.jpg

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same for me. Had Mack started Major, we're playing Miami for the '01 title and we had the athletes and team to beat the Canes that year. We whipped CU earlier in the year 41-7 and Mack & Chrissy pull one of the biggest choke jobs ever in the BIg 12 CCG in front of a burnt orange crowd at Texas Stadium, especially after hearing LSU upset Tennessee at the stadium, with the crowd of burnt orange exploding with cheers b/c that paved the way for Texas to play Miami for the BCS title. AND WE FUCKING CHOKE!!!!!! Yes, I'm still fucking bitter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but no way the longhorns beat that hurricanes squad. NO ONE was beating Miami that season

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always liked Major Applewhite. Despite that whole Heavens Gate affair.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Simms had the show, 'Happy Endings,' canceled.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The square root of Chris Simms is interception.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wheat, that's perfect for him.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks evil. As expected.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew you'd like it. I think you ought to blow it up and print it so you can hang it in your bedroom, LOL!~

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew you'd like it. I think you ought to blow it up and print it so you can hang it in your bedroom, LOL!~

This is the Avi I have for my fantasy football team, 'Chris Simms Must Die.'

img15025048.jpg

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, the one I posted is much better. he seems to have this evil grin, ya know?