• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Cornell thread

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Soundgarden in Montreal in 1990 on their Louder than Love tour. Great show and pretty much got me fully hooked on the whole grunge thing.

RIP Chris. I hope the grass is indeed greener.

:rip::pout::yawn:

I first saw them at a promo event around that same time. I remember just being in awe of the guitar riffs and the power in his voice. Saw them three more times in the next few years.

Badmotorfinger was a Friday night record store staple. This one in particular. Beautiful, Crunchy Guitar. mmmmmm

And this one is probably one of my faves of all time.

Nail in my hand
From my creator
You gave me life
Now show me how to live

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sold my tickets. Just not into it.

Plus it's a fucking monsoon tonight.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could make any song gold!

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky enough to see him at Bluesfest in Ottawa a few years ago. Awesome experience. Close to showtime, trying to find a good spot, we end up standing near a fence that ran cables from the sound booth to the stage, when this dude (spoiler: Chris Cornell) starts running down the other side of the fence towards the stage. Only a few fans see him, and he throws out his hand for a few high fives, my wife gets in on it, then turns to me and says "who was that?" :pound:

I was all Pearl Jam and Nirvana in my youth but grew to appreciate CC more as I got older, just phenomenal talent. I'll have to dig out my old Wii rock band with some friends and go through the Soundargden tracks in honour.