• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chocolatito vs. Cuadras

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is watching this??? What a fight so far!!!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching it. Gonzalez (Chocolatito) is insane when it comes to his stamina. Felt like he was throwing combos for the entire duration of each round. He was definitely a far more talented fighter than Cuadras, but I felt Cuadras had a superior game plan and stuck to it for 12 rounds and largely succeeded in what he wanted to do. Gonzalez was fighting Cuadras' fight and Cuadras was also landing some pretty nice blows (look at Chocolatito's face after the match, Cuadras' shots were not just for show).

I was very surprised to see the judges score it so heavily in favor of Chocolatito. It's funny how one's stature within the boxing community automatically changes the way matches are scored. If you replace Mayweather with Cuadras in this fight then everyone would be raving of how he was a defensive master, and it didn't matter that Chocolatito was moving forward the whole match. It's silly, really, Cuadras won this fight in my eyes. I'm not saying he won by a lot - I actually felt that it was pretty damn close to a tie until Cuadras won both the 11th and 12th rounds - but I still felt he won.

Reminded me a lot of that recent Santa Cruz fight, which I believe was a tie.

Last edited:

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have to watch again, I was wiped out by the time I watched that fight. But I had Roman winning clearly, though maybe not handily.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the replay, Cuadras really won at the end of the fight and if it had gone 3 more rounds I think he could have won by KO possibly. But Chocolatito won early on and landed more punches overall.