• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Childress as starter!

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking over the stat line for this game, what was it that Millard did in the spring and summer that made him the starter for the first two games? My question is this, could it be that Childress is not a "practice" player, but a "gamer". His numbers, against a team that was far inferior, are impressive. We certainly did not see this over the course of 9 months, he had bright moments, but they were not consistent. Could the coaching staff have erred here? It is my opinion, that with Childress in last weeks game, against an unimpressive Oklahoma, we would have improved our chances of winning by 500%. Ok, board buddies, beat me up!

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my understanding presnap reads have been his downfall, we seen it a few times even today when he missed some blitzes that cost us but he has FAR more potential than the other guys and had a good first game as the starter. Our line and WR's let him down for stretches during the game( I believe we saw Kevin White lose his starting spot today over the drops) or he could have had a monster day but this team is soooooo very young, talented, but young.

We are going to take some beatings but we have a TON to build on moving forward on offense defense AND even special teams! Today we had a frosh throw a td to a frosh and the extra point from a frosh, alotta green horns out there for us but once they grow up they are going be a handful.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is a no brainer to go with Childress, he looks to have the best tools to work with. The reads will come with experience.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dana has repeatedly indicated Ford had all the tools, but had a ways to go to become his starting QB.

Among the many issues included...

1. Knowledge of the plays.
2. Communication with the sideline.
3. Correctly identifying defense and checking into correct play.
4. Forcing passes into coverage.

Issues which were not mentioned, but my gut feels were contributing....

1. Poor work ethic.
2. Leadership qualities.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree with you GoldRusher. McCartney lost his starting spot for drops last year and it looks like Kevin White this year. Two big drops come to mind, the TD and the slant over the middle that could have been a first down. Myers catching everything that came his way put the nail in White's coffin.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Ford's impressive behavior demonstrated after his demotion to third string was enough to give Ford another chance to prove himself. When Millard proved he could not capitalize on opportunities during the OU game, Dana's frustrations provided an opening.

There are times when one matures.... maybe Dana saw the maturing of a young man.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dana has repeatedly indicated Ford had all the tools, but had a ways to go to become his starting QB.

Among the many issues included...

1. Knowledge of the plays.
2. Communication with the sideline.
3. Correctly identifying defense and checking into correct play.
4. Forcing passes into coverage.

Issues which were not mentioned, but my gut feels were contributing....

1. Poor work ethic.
2. Leadership qualities.

BB, From what I have seen your first group of negatives applies to all three, as there were issues with those things in the first two games as well. Good coaching and good play go a long way to teaching a young man leadership. Poor work ethic, however, is tough to overcome.

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor work ethic isn't hard to overcome if you want to keep starting and have a good future. BBWV keep it coming its nice to read some things on this board that have meaning:nod:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB, From what I have seen your first group of negatives applies to all three, as there were issues with those things in the first two games as well. Good coaching and good play go a long way to teaching a young man leadership. Poor work ethic, however, is tough to overcome.

Dad,

I believe there was little separation between the three candidates... which is very telling.

We all know by now that Paul demonstrated a better understanding of the offense, and better understanding of what play to check into. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the tools of the others.

You could clearly see a difference in velocity and accuracy today.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a little FYI, I am an old fart who could care less if someone rates my posts... or not.

One can give me as many negatives as they wish, and I could give a fuck.

I don't do this to prove anything. Just trying to converse with some fellow football fans.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a little FYI, I am an old fart who could care less if someone rates my posts... or not.

I don't do this to prove anything. Just trying to converse with some fellow football fans.

:agree: I am on this board to give my opinion of Mountie football, and if JGB and the like doesn't like what I have to say, so be it.

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVUDAD You have been trying to raise the dead for the last few years, also saying we might only win 2 games this year. Yes that's your opinion and you know what it is a stupid one You think Luck and Dana suck and You think Our team sucks. I go into each week hoping we will win. I wanted Milard pulled and it looks like it worked out with Ford. If Ford was in last Week like Jim said I think we would of had a better chance of wining.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: I think most of us (save JGB) are here for the same reason.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listened to the game on I95 while driving like Mario Andretti back from Portland Maine. From what I gathered from the announcers( Caredi and ??) --Childress over threw and under threw several balls. The skills and ability of Childress certainly look better than Millard but it will take lots of improvement for him to lead this team over the likes of OSU, TT, KSU, and TX. And the only way to find out, is let him play. This is the pony WVU/Holgerson has bet on so lets ride him and see where it leads us.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

+1 :yahoo:

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listened to the game on I95 while driving like Mario Andretti back from Portland Maine. From what I gathered from the announcers( Caredi and ??) --Childress over threw and under threw several balls. The skills and ability of Childress certainly look better than Millard but it will take lots of improvement for him to lead this team over the likes of OSU, TT, KSU, and TX. And the only way to find out, is let him play. This is the pony WVU/Holgerson has bet on so lets ride him and see where it leads us.
He did overthrow a few medium routes and most of his under throws were on deep balls. Maybe half a dozen bad throws in total?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to listen to the game as well, concerned about the line play....thought edger would be better at making the calls but it sounded like we let them right up the middle.

As for Ford, it was his first start and he set freshman records...what more can you ask for besides working on getting better each week.

LET'S GO!!!!!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap:Yeah, I listened to the game on a crappy internet site, I am excited to actually see Childress play.

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAD Why are you excited to see Childress play. That's crazy How can he do good if he doesn't have a good coach:doh: I wonder if Childress expects to win or hopes to win?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to listen to the game as well, concerned about the line play.

LET'S GO!!!!!

Lucas looked lost at times and got pushed around by their DLinemen at times, Id put a lot of the "blame" on that youngster, but we all have to understand, he IS a youngster.