• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Chiefs vs 'Skins

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch Morse and Dee Ford will NOT be playing.

Fisher is a big if right now.

Ehinger was a full practice.

Is this the week we see Kpass get some snaps? OLB is very thin right now and Zombo ain't it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
helluva game. Skins certainly fielded a good team that's fast on D...
Skins were very good in the trenches. Fast on D for sure but there isnt a lot of star power, either. I think the Chiefs eventually wore them down by the 4th quarter which seems to be the Chiefs calling card.

My thoughts:

1) Marcus Peters looked mortal. Not bad but he got beat deep on an island and he gave up another TD but sometimes perfect offense beats good defense.

2) Chiefs seemed to go all in against the run. It paid off although Cousins is a really good QB.

3) Mobile QBs = winning. This seems to be the current trend in the NFL.

4) This was probably a 50/50 game and one that Alex Smith would not have won last year. He is playing much better despite the sacks. MVP level so far.

5) Gaines seems to be playing better this year. I know that the Skins still had a chance to win this but Gaines was good enough on some plays.

6) Chiefs are in 4-0 with a schedule that is front loaded. I didnt see this coming

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins were very good in the trenches. Fast on D for sure but there isnt a lot of star power, either. I think the Chiefs eventually wore them down by the 4th quarter which seems to be the Chiefs calling card.

My thoughts:

1) Marcus Peters looked mortal. Not bad but he got beat deep on an island and he gave up another TD but sometimes perfect offense beats good defense.

2) Chiefs seemed to go all in against the run. It paid off although Cousins is a really good QB.

3) Mobile QBs = winning. This seems to be the current trend in the NFL.

4) This was probably a 50/50 game and one that Alex Smith would not have won last year. He is playing much better despite the sacks. MVP level so far.

5) Gaines seems to be playing better this year. I know that the Skins still had a chance to win this but Gaines was good enough on some plays.

6) Chiefs are in 4-0 with a schedule that is front loaded. I didnt see this coming

These next 5 games will be huge in deciding the AFC West. Broncos go on the road for most of them and have some tough matchups. For the Chiefs 3 on the road with what looks like a tougher matchup with the Texans than I thought it would be. Oakland without Carr possibly would be a nice break for the Chiefs on the road although they have dominated the Raiders so not sure it would matter. STill would rather face Manuel than Carr anyday. Pittsburgh and Denver at home will be nice. I respect the heck out of Chiefs fans in Arrowhead. Make it a very difficult place to win.

AFter those 5 games things look much easier. Only two tames left that look tough would be vs. Buffalo (still not quite a believer in them) and @Denver to close the season.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland without Carr possibly would be a nice break for the Chiefs on the road although they have dominated the Raiders so not sure it would matter. .
EJ Manuel is definitely a downgrade for them but its not the free win that Connor Cook would likely be.

I'm not sure how many 'down the road' predictions I want to make because the Chiefs oline basically only has 1 healthy starter at the moment with Fisher playing banged up.

With Carr going down, though, this does look like a 2 team race in the AFC West. I also think those 2 teams are notably better than they were last year.