• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Chiefs @ Steelers on Sunday Night

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a fairly negative/backwards outlook, if this team went nuclear, they'd get a 1st round QB as a consolation prize. Doubt that happens, but yeesh.

through the decades of watching Chiefs football we're traditionally never quite shitty enough for that. and even on the occasions we were we hardly ever get it right(*cough*cough Todd Blackledge)...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs shit the bed tonight plain and simple. Doesn't matter what Pitt does if you don't even bother giving yourself a chance in the game. 22-0... 29-0, etc.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith looks like Jaguars era Blaine Gabbert

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the sudden this team is back up against the wall. If they can't beat Oakland and beat up on teams like the Saints, Colts, etc this is will not be a playoff team.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Chiefs fans :suds:

If I learned anything from our loss to Philly, its to not knee-jerk over blowouts. Season is still young and the Chiefs are 2-2. Plenty of time to turn things around.

Good luck with the rest of the season gents!

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some Hot Takes:

1: So long as any of the top 3 CB's are out (Nelson, Gaines and/or Peters) the Chiefs ought to drop Parker down to the nickel as bitter a pill as that is, DJ White gave up every single pass his way for ~100 yards and two touchdowns, and missed at least two tackles by my count on clean shots, unacceptable. That's not just the Steelers having an atomic downfield passing game with Brown, that's just bad coverage.
1b: Sorenson and Murray become the #2 and #3 safeties respectively. There's just not much depth at all past the third CB unless you manufacture it with Parker.

2. March is improving with more snaps which is good, but he's also the least valuable position on the field and probably isn't quite up to par, but Mauga probably isn't a big loss if at all long term.

3. Ware has Jeremy Hill-itis, shame as he didn't fumble once last year.

4. If Alex can't put up layups against some bad defenses (and sub .500 teams) that go up until late November with the weapons around him, it's time to start scouting QB's. It'll be one thing to start slow against a division foe, the Texans on the road, the Jets, and Steelers on the road, it'll be another if it's the inept Colts, Jags, or Bucs.

5. Neither WR or TE are a need, but a midround CB probably is

6. Edgerushers continue to be a need when Frank Zombo and Dee Ford see as many snaps as they do with one injury; Hali is not getting younger.

7. An additional penetrating DL would be nice, but Jones getting more snaps would be good too

Last edited:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Chiefs fans :suds:

If I learned anything from our loss to Philly, its to not knee-jerk over blowouts. Season is still young and the Chiefs are 2-2. Plenty of time to turn things around.

Good luck with the rest of the season gents!

well, it was NOT a good game...:lol:

but...

you ARE correct on the rest. let's hope that this serves as a wake-up call, and NOT the harbinger of doom...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My takeaway without looking at PFF or advanced stats or anything.

1. DJ White should not be on the field at this early stage of his career. At all. 14+ points are on him.

2. Zach Fulton is a backup. I believe it was Cameron Hayward who was destroying him all night but the key play that totally broke the game was the Alex Smith screen pass interception. Hayward did 3 things in like a second: he destroyed Fulton with one arm. He then destroyed Spencer Ware with the other arm. He then knocked the ball down which led to one of the ugliest professional offensive plays I've seen in awhile but maybe also one of the most impressive defensive plays.

3. Spencer Ware is a good player but he is still too young to be the starter. Charles coming back is a good thing.

4. Zombo is kinda meh but we knew that.

5. Chiefs had a goal line D where the Steelers LT ended up blocking 2 guys and the running back got in clean. Thats bad fundamental D. Chiefs had a goalline coverage where they had 2 guys covering a space and Big Ben found the guy in the corner anyways. This was a poor game by the Chiefs defense.

6. Alex Smith wasn't challenging the Steelers deep at all so the 2 WR screens I saw got totally blown up.

7. Chiefs return unit was awful which was surprising. Returners were overconfident and the block in the back on the punt was probably not needed for a big play.

8. Maclin and Conley both played really well. With Kelce in the mix and Ware out of the backfield, thats a potent passing attack. Alex Smith is going to hold this team back at some point if he isnt already.

9. I think the Steelers have the best roster in football and the Chiefs might have needed that wakeup call.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, it was NOT a good game...:lol:

but...

you ARE correct on the rest. let's hope that this serves as a wake-up call, and NOT the harbinger of doom...
Certainly more than enough talent to believe it will be the former and not the latter, but this first quarter of the season is quite aggravating even if 2-2 isn't awful in particular considering they played 2 playoff teams on the road and the first one out at home to start the season. Plenty of time and ammo to correct a lot of the issues we're seeing as far as playoffs go. With that being said, it needs to start right away with a win against Oakland. Need to pick up that tiebreaker.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot one thing though I might have been drunk at this point but I believe the Chiefs have 2nd and Goal from the 2 and threw the ball 3 times. The 4th down play was ran to the #3 TE.

Can't do that in a closer game.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye week coming for the Chiefs will help and even though J Charles said he is 100% now, 2 more weeks of him waiting to let loose should give the Chiefs good results.

Hang in there KC!