• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chiefs sign Darrelle Revis

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure that is $ he'll never see. I wonder what the incentives were to get him off the couch now?

I'm not a huge fan of the signing. But it's likely not costing them much? So it can't really hurt. I can't see Revis becoming a malcontent with 6 weeks left to go? He's a good veteran presence.

Revis will never play for league minimum or anything close to it...his per game checks for this yr were enough to get him off the couch...I would say since they have been talking most of the season...KC came around to a number Revis felt was worth the effort.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahahah

*deep breath*

Hahahahahahahaha

Yeah, this isn't going to be good I am guessing. Here I was hoping Jalen Collins would be a Chief. Revis is a guy you sign because he basically already knows the scheme and for culture fit. (Sutton was Rex Ryan's DC in NY IIRC)
I'm not sure Revis is the type of guy you want for a "culture fit" unless your culture is selfish players.

Interesting signing. It would be great to see him have one more good run. I was surprised no one signed him earlier. Maybe he dropped his salary demands

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can live with this. If he makes an impact (I doubt it) then the defense is going to be noticeably better with 3 theoretically (generously) capable CB's. They can probably beat the Titans/Ravens/Chargers at home in a playoff game. Could give the Jags a run. More worried about the Pats and Steelers for obvious reasons.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Revis is the type of guy you want for a "culture fit" unless your culture is selfish players.

Interesting signing. It would be great to see him have one more good run. I was surprised no one signed him earlier. Maybe he dropped his salary demands
I agree for the most part. Again, I am under no delusion of this guy saving the RCB spot for the Chiefs.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree for the most part. Again, I am under no delusion of this guy saving the RCB spot for the Chiefs.
Agree. But the upside makes it worth it IMO. Not going to kill their cap if they roster him for half a season if he sucks and he probably doesn't start until he is in shape and earns it.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. But the upside makes it worth it IMO. Not going to kill their cap if they roster him for half a season if he sucks and he probably doesn't start until he is in shape and earns it.
Correct. Earning it pretty much just means showing up when his competition is a recalcitrant Terrance Mitchell and a crummy Kenneth Acker. And Steven Nelson is really a slot guy if we're being honest.

Oh, the other guy he'd have to beat out is this guy who gave up over 200 yards to Siemian one time; and the game deciding catch immediately once he went in the game for Steven Nelson last week

DPBmVc2XcAA8mjT.jpg

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revis will never play for league minimum or anything close to it...his per game checks for this yr were enough to get him off the couch...I would say since they have been talking most of the season...KC came around to a number Revis felt was worth the effort.

"On one side of the ball, quarterback Marcus Mariota was throwing blocks and doing whatever he needed to do to help his team advance. On the other side of the ball, Revis, who was approaching from an angle, had a chance to catch Henry and to try to tackle him before he reached the line to gain. But Revis didn’t accelerate; he slowed down.

https://nypost.com/2018/01/07/darre...amning-replays-show-he-quit/?sr_share=twitter

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Revis didn't play exceptionally today (if you listen to the commentators.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Revis didn't play exceptionally today (if you listen to the commentators.
Nope. Still a lot better than Gaines. Pass D was better, but bandaids vs bulletholes. D had a lot of problems, depth being a major issue along with some ill-timed injuries and decline from players like Johnson and Berry.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Still a lot better than Gaines. Pass D was better, but bandaids vs bulletholes. D had a lot of problems, depth being a major issue along with some ill-timed injuries and decline from players like Johnson and Berry.
The new GM has a few holes to plug.