• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chiefs making moves

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that one. I live in Chiefs country so always fun to see these fans get all hyped up and then boom same old story. The eternal optimist I guess.
I'm a little leery of optimism at this point. I remember Broncos fans on this board thinking that they were going to be okay after losing Peyton Manning because Peyton Manning wasn't exactly a rockstar at that stage of his career and Alex Smith leaving the Chiefs could have some similar aftershocks. Mahomes could end up being better than Smith, too, so its a wait and see but if the Chiefs lose their turnover margin advantage then they could be in trouble.

I'd imagine the Chargers should be the favorites in the AFC West next year but they'll find a way to screw it up.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little leery of optimism at this point. I remember Broncos fans on this board thinking that they were going to be okay after losing Peyton Manning because Peyton Manning wasn't exactly a rockstar at that stage of his career and Alex Smith leaving the Chiefs could have some similar aftershocks. Mahomes could end up being better than Smith, too, so its a wait and see but if the Chiefs lose their turnover margin advantage then they could be in trouble.

I'd imagine the Chargers should be the favorites in the AFC West next year but they'll find a way to screw it up.

I have the Chargers on top at this point too. Lots of good pieces on that defense and if they can stay healthy the offense has some nice ability as well. The Chiefs are definitely the wildcard at this point. Hard to tell what direction they will go in. With the Broncos so much depends on what happens with the QB position. They seem to be retooling at this point though so I'm not exactly expecting them to be big time competitors next year. Would need this past draft and this upcoming draft to be huge contributors. They have some hope for that with Butt and Henderson coming back from injury and Bolles being so raw hoping there is growth for year two. Plus then having a top-5 pick usually you expect a little better return compared to picking in the 20's like they have been.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, if I still posted on this other site, I would be giving people that championed Veach as some Capservative so much shit right now I might get banned over there. The Chiefs are still in on all kinds of guys from what I am reading which makes no good sense, but /shrugs. I can live with aggressive, but if that's the case, why fire Dorsey again?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far:

In: Mahomes, Kendall Fuller, Sammy Watkins, Anthony Hitchens 3rd round pick, 4th round pick

Out: Smith, Peters, Wilson, Johnson, Hali, Parker

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanna know where Hill's fantasy value is going?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitchens is not worth $9 million

No kidding.

Watching Cowboys games over the last couple of years, the only LB's on their defense that were any good was Lee when healthy and McClain the 2 months he was focused.

I don't know how the hell they found another one that anyone thought was worth that type of money.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot taek of the week

As for Hitchens, he was one of the highest graded run defenders in the league and the highest run stop percentage. Overpaid he may be, but the way the Chiefs scheme works he's a good fit.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Hitchens and wanted him back badly,,,but there is no way he is a $9M a year player. Holy Crap. I bet the contract is nowhere near that when the details come out (or maybe they did?)

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that's something coming from a fan of the biggest dumpster fire in the NFCE.
Please draft a RB and not a QB Giants:hope::hope::hope: This downturn could go on for years if so...