• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Chiefs @ Bengals PS Week 2

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far I like what I see from the defense outside of two spots that are in need of obvious upgrades: Phillip Gaines' spot is abysmal sans Mitchell and the line could use Jones as a destroyer. Ford had two offsides penalties, that's kind of his game though so I don't get my jimmies rustled in a preseason game for now while timing is still a little off.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes is going to be special if he ever gets the footwork down.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Second one is just a guy wanting a completion for the sake of a completion and not the best play.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Run D from the D-Line if Bailey rounds back to something closer to 14-15 looks really damn good on paper.

Ford and the ILB's still worry me but the Chiefs are in a much better place on run defense than they were at this time last year- even without Jaye Howard.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like we're seeing a high ceiling QB and a high floor RB.

Mahomes is just sort of improvising out there and you'll get a lot of mixed results with that. The talent is there, though. The ability to scramble and avoid a sack and the ability to take the top off a defense are nice but he is not relying on sound footwork at all. I'm not too worried about the decision making because its still the beginning. Even if he never learns from the neck up he won't have to be worried about being the next Bortles because he has better arm talent and footspeed. I do think this reinforces the idea that Alex Smith's job is likely safe as long as the Chiefs are in the playoff hunt but I think we already knew that.

Hunt looked faster against those college guys as he looks like Ezekial Elliott in slow motion. He'll be decent for sure just because he'll be able to catch and run and annoying to tackle on the edge but unfortunately it doesnt really look like he can get to the edge as a runner. The willingness to run inbetween the tackles is always great to see but the Chiefs are better at run blocking on the edge from what Ive seen so....its more redundancy than anything else. That said, depth is always nice but West might be ahead of him.

Definitely the most exciting thing about the preseason so far is the idea that the run D might be a lot better. That could be uuuge