• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl: #12 UCF (12-0) vs #7 Auburn (10-3)

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
frost.jpg

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am torn here because I want Frost to succeed because he's a Duck, but at the same time I just don't want Nebraska to be good.

You are so much better as a troll than as a blind homer. :suds:

And seeing as how it’s got to be tough to be a blind homer for a train wreck program who’s memories of the “good old days” were 4 years of being a bride’s maid, I expect to see lots of this side of you in the future.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are so much better as a troll than as a blind homer. :suds:

And seeing as how it’s got to be tough to be a blind homer for a train wreck program who’s memories of the “good old days” were 4 years of being a bride’s maid, I expect to see lots of this side of you in the future.
says a dude with Nebraska and Creighton as his favorite team :L

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
says a dude with Nebraska and Creighton as his favorite team :L

Let me guess, your a Creighton fan for basketball (Thanks for Altman) and Nebraska fan for football. Which, hilarious as it is, we gave another one of your local people their first big gig with Altman to Oregon. Nebraska could have hired him and passed. THANKS AGAIN!

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What in the world is Scott Frost doing? How easy would it be to just return to UCF, continue building what he has built there and aim to get the program into the Big12 when it eventually expands.

Either he goes to Nebraska gets them to a few 10 wins (Although it is going to be incredibly difficult to do such a task) and then bail for a different gig or try the NFL, OR he never fully achieves much in Lincoln and after 8 years both parties part ways and he is far from the hot commodity he was this year.

More proof that OD is clueless. Frost was making $1.7 million at UCF, Nebraska is offering $5 mil a year for 7 years, total of $35 million to coach at his Alma Mater. What fool WOULDN'T take that offer? :noidea:

Frost won the Johnny U trophy at NU, if he is going to stay anywhere, it will be there. Besides, his time at Oregon taught him how to restrain angry running backs. :D
legarrette_blount_restrained.jpg

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me guess, your a Creighton fan for basketball (Thanks for Altman) and Nebraska fan for football. Which, hilarious as it is, we gave another one of your local people their first big gig with Altman to Oregon. Nebraska could have hired him and passed. THANKS AGAIN!

Since you asked so nicely...

I went to school at both. Drives the Husker Board nuts so I don’t hang out there.
Grew up a Nebraska football fan and a Creighton BBall fan.
Support both programs.

Liked Dana and had lunch with him over 2 dozen times (granted it was with 500 of our closest friends). Was happy to see him get a bigger gig. Nice to see he can win a few games more a year with a gazillion $$$’s for facilities and players.

Like Mac too, so it worked out well.

What’s it like being a blind homer to a school you never attended and probably couldn’t even get admitted to?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a way to end the college football year. Both of my teams went undefeated!! From 0-12 to 13-0!!! Fuck. Yes.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OD roasting jayskers. Love it.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to let everyone know, we beat the team that has beaten both teams in the “National Championship” game. The REAL National Champions: UCF! UCF! UCF!

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to let everyone know, we beat the team that has beaten both teams in the “National Championship” game. The REAL National Champions: UCF! UCF! UCF!
Who beat Auburn in the SECCG? OOPS, thats right, it was Georgia.

I think its great you beat Auburn and was actually pulling for UCF, but playing Auburn on the road is not as hard as beating them at home. Note both Bama and Georgia lost to them in Auburn, but Georgia beat Auburn easily in Atlanta. All of Auburns losses came while playing on the road.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think its great you beat Auburn and was actually pulling for UCF, but playing Auburn on the road is not as hard as beating them at home. Note both Bama and Georgia lost to them in Auburn, but Georgia beat Auburn easily in Atlanta. All of Auburns losses came while playing on the road.

I stopped at, "but" because you're about to try and bring me down but it ain't gonna work. UCF BAYBAY!!!

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped at, "but" because you're about to try and bring me down but it ain't gonna work. UCF BAYBAY!!!
Yes, if I was a fan of UCF, i would want to ignore the truth too. They played good and won, but reality says you beat an Auburn team that ended its season 3-4 away from its home stadium. Congrats, you beat a .500 road team.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, if I was a fan of UCF, i would want to ignore the truth too. They played good and won, but reality says you beat an Auburn team that ended its season 3-4 away from its home stadium. Congrats, you beat a .500 road team.

Ha! Ignore the truth? Here's the truth. UCF went from 0-12 to 13-0 in 2 years. Fuck everything else.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L So now you are making excuses for Auburn losing on the road? When Auburn lost to UCF and Georgia, wasn't both teams playing "on the road"?

Last edited:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L So now you are making excuses for Auburn losing on the road? When Auburn lost to UCF and Georgia, wasn't both teams playing "on the road"?
Nope I stated they only lost on the road, not at home. In order to catch Auburns best game this year, a team would need to play them at Auburn, otherwise they were not much better than a .500 team. Is what I said that hard to understand. Great team at home, not so much away from home. Look at the two outcomes playing the same team(Georgia) one at home, one at an away location. If you dispute they were a different team, explain how they were 3-4 on the road away from Auburn, yet undefeated at home.

Secondly, I am not making excuses for anyone. I pulled for UCF to win that game, so why would i make an excuse. I stated a fact when a UCF fan made a claim they should be national title winners. They didnt beat a stellar road team. Great teams find ways to win whether at home or away. E\This even applies to Bama, they lost on the road to Auburn, thus i dont consider them a great team. Georgia will win the National Title IMO. Bama doesnt have enough offense to counter Georgia.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope I stated they only lost on the road, not at home. In order to catch Auburns best game this year, a team would need to play them at Auburn, otherwise they were not much better than a .500 team. Is what I said that hard to understand. Great team at home, not so much away from home. Look at the two outcomes playing the same team(Georgia) one at home, one at an away location. If you dispute they were a different team, explain how they were 3-4 on the road away from Auburn, yet undefeated at home.

Secondly, I am not making excuses for anyone. I pulled for UCF to win that game, so why would i make an excuse. I stated a fact when a UCF fan made a claim they should be national title winners. They didnt beat a stellar road team. Great teams find ways to win whether at home or away. E\This even applies to Bama, they lost on the road to Auburn, thus i dont consider them a great team. Georgia will win the National Title IMO. Bama doesnt have enough offense to counter Georgia.
Fair enough and congrats on Bama's win last night.