• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chavis Rawlins to transfer

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chavas Rawlins was one of seven members of West Virginia's 2013 recruiting class to enroll early this year. It appears only six of those early enrollees will still be with the team by the time summer arrives.
Rawlins' high school coach Andy Pacak told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that the three-star quarterback would be transferring.
"Everyone at West Virginia was great to him, but as you know he came in right when [quarterbacks coach Jake Spavital] left," Pacak said. "His initial decision was I'm gonna go down there and make the most of it, but that weighed on him a little bit."
Spavital, who was the primary recruiter in bringing Rawlins from Monessen, Pa., to Morgantown, left West Virginia to become the quarterbacks coach and co-offensive coordinator at Texas A&M.
Pacak says Rawlins does not know where he will transfer.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that sucks. Probably wanted to play QB and saw the writing on wall. I was thinking he may end up at another position anyway after the transfer announcment of Trickett. I think the Trinkett deal ran him off.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also wondered how the Trickett situation would play out with our recruits at QB. I liked the press on Rawlins, hate to see him go.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If at first you don't succeed...Just Quit

I wish him luck in 1AA