• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chase Winovich is blue!!!

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan picked up its second LB, a consensus 3 star recruit with pretty good offers including OSU, FSU, Tennessee, and Arkansas. At 6'4 and 215 he will need to do about 25 lbs worth of eating and then play as a SLB. Looking at his tape he is a fast and athletic player with a nose for the ball... the big question is whether he will be as fast and athletic once he gains those 25 lbs. Go Blue!

WolverinePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Blue! Heard it here first from me, Remember those Raven's Defenses that were just FILTHY when Mattison was there?

It's starting to arrive in Michigan and DAMN DOES IT FEEL GOOD!

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge get. I think they recruited him more heavily than they have Hand. Didn't have many prospects at LB other than him. Feels even better because OSU was after him too.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else get the feeling Speight is going to be better then Morris when it's all said and done?

For some reason I'm feeling it.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge get. I think they recruited him more heavily than they have Hand. Didn't have many prospects at LB other than him. Feels even better because OSU was after him too.

he was next on the list after Berger, I've read somewhere that the next in line was Noah Furbush... depending on attrition, we may take one more LB later on.

You'll like the following news J, there are rumblings that Michigan may be leading for Artavis Scott now, and he has scheduled another visit to UM...

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else get the feeling Speight is going to be better then Morris when it's all said and done?

For some reason I'm feeling it.

I am really not sold on Speight as a player, but he helped us reel in Harris and Peppers, and that is easily worth his scholly.

Blue1012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The overall impact on the field Chase will have won't be much but I think what's important is what it says about Michigan's recruiting effort. Team 135 is the hottest thing in sports recruiting right now.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really not sold on Speight as a player, but he helped us reel in Harris and Peppers, and that is easily worth his scholly.

Are you sold on Morris?

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll like the following news J, there are rumblings that Michigan may be leading for Artavis Scott now, and he has scheduled another visit to UM...

I am not going to get my hopes up on that one. Home cooking is tough to beat. I did see that the trio are planning on coming to the BBQ. Would be nice to have them all playing for us. Campbell sounds like a beast. I know that I am higher on Artavis than most but the Peppers commit might actually hurt in his case. His initial impact would have been as a returner.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really not sold on Speight as a player, but he helped us reel in Harris and Peppers, and that is easily worth his scholly

It is like comparing a baseball thrower to a baseball pitcher. From what I know about Morris, accuracy is an issue. He has better physical tools but needs to put it all together. Speight will enter Michigan with better game experience and a better touch. It is a crap shoot.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sold on Morris?

I think that Morris has a higher ceiling than Speight and the necessary arm strength to operate Borges' offense... in all honesty Speight looks like a dude who would be great at Hawaii, SMU, or Texas Tech... but I have to trust Borges' on this one.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not going to get my hopes up on that one. Home cooking is tough to beat. I did see that the trio are planning on coming to the BBQ. Would be nice to have them all playing for us. Campbell sounds like a beast. I know that I am higher on Artavis than most but the Peppers commit might actually hurt in his case. His initial impact would have been as a returner.

Michigan needs slot receivers and that is exactly what Scott brings to the table, I don't really see Peppers as being a conflict... there is a great chance Scott would see the field on certain packages from day 1

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the fact of who was offering Chase Winovich. Not just beating OSU to the punch but FSU as well.

Most of the time it's like speculating on stocks. Not so much what he is worth today but 2-3 years down the line and my guess is they see a lot of upside.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winovich definitely had a better offer sheet than a typical 3 star linebacker... it's all about whether he can maintain his speed once he ads the necessary weight, his football IQ is pretty good.